Fitzy and the Fins (Dolphins TC)

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Unfortunately for Rosen, we’re not talking about him sitting and learning behind Rivers, Brady, or Roethlisberger in a stable organization with an established coaching staff. It’d be easier to see him resurfacing as a good QB if he landed in one of those spots. Miami has been a dumpster fire for a while, so Rosen has a difficult row to hoe.

Yeah, I think Rosen is one of those QB who are gonna end as possible examples of "how to ruin a QB" or at least "how to ensure a young QB never achieves his potential, whatever that was"

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I think Rosen is one of those QB who are gonna end as possible examples of "how to ruin a QB" or at least "how to ensure a young QB never achieves his potential, whatever that was"

I wonder if Rosen has considered taking his shtick to the ATP?  Arguing line calls with chair umpires...?

Then after that, Wrestlemania CCIX!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Please, all the people who swore the Bills f***ed up taking Allen instead of Rosen, please stand up and take a bow. Looks like they are teaching him how to throw a football.

From the article:

Meanwhile, Rosen showed some of the potential that had the Arizona Cardinals trade up to the tenth-overall pick in 2018 to select him. Tight spirals with some pretty touch led to multiple touchdowns during the practice. Getting some extra first-team snaps after Fitzpatrick was forced to run following the botched snap, Rosen took advantage. That is not to say Rosen was perfect on the day, throwing a couple of inaccurate passes and having at least one interception, but it was clearly the potential quarterback-of-the-future’s best performance, and it was the best performance among the quarterbacks on Saturday.

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed. Love him or hate him, his career path will be so jacked up it’d be shocking if he actually hits his potential and in the nfl you don’t succeed at qb unless you maximize it 

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Haha, I didn't think they f'ed up when drafting Allen, but I admit, I thought for a minute they took the wrong Josh. Glad to have been wrong.

Well, at least you never changed your username to make such buffoonery official.:flirt: 

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trent Edwards was ruined by one headshot!  I have to say, I don't feel sorry for Rosen, he has a poor attitude IMO. Hopefully the Bills make him miserable for as long as he plays for the Dolphins.

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If the plan is to tank, Rosen wins that job. I watched every game of the cards last year and he has very few redeeming qualities as a QB. He is the JP of the 2018 QB class

Luckily this time we got Roesthlisberger instead of Lee Evans

Rosen will be a journeyman much like Fitz. I don't think he'll be a complete bust, but will constantly float around as a marginal starter.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My line of thinking as well. However, I won’t rule out a late career resurgence like Gannon if he sticks around a while. 

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I have a feeling if Fitz is their starter this year he gets at least a win against the Bills. 

I'd accept a loss to the Fitzy led Dolphins, if that game convinces the Dolphins front office to give Fitzy his traditional big Fitzcontract before falling off the Fitzcliff

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AllensBigBalls said:

Trent Edwards was ruined by one headshot!  I have to say, I don't feel sorry for Rosen, he has a poor attitude IMO. Hopefully the Bills make him miserable for as long as he plays for the Dolphins.

Nah, he always sucked

48 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Rosen will be a journeyman much like Fitz. I don't think he'll be a complete bust, but will constantly float around as a marginal starter.

Blaine Gabbert would be an apt comparison

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Blaine Gabbert would be an apt comparison

I was actually thinking more along the lines of Josh McCown, if not nominally better than that. Rosen will not be a complete bust nor will he pose much of a problem to Buffalo. Allen will always be surrounded by superior talent than Rosen.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I was actually thinking more along the lines of Josh McCown, if not nominally better than that. Rosen will not be a complete bust nor will he pose much of a problem to Buffalo. Allen will always be surrounded by superior talent than Rosen.

No. Go watch some of Rosens game last year. He is far closer to Blaine Gabbert that McCown. McCown actually threw the ball downfield. Rosen averaged 5.8 YPA

3 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

??

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

No. Go watch some of Rosens game last year. He is far closer to Blaine Gabbert that McCown. McCown actually threw the ball downfield. Rosen averaged 5.8 YPA

To be fair to both, in early Blaine Gabbert games, he had an OL and he stood like a deer in the headlights.

Rosen had no, repeat NO OL.  He could have had better protection if he stood behind 5 weighted sleds.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??

To be fair to both, in early Blaine Gabbert games, he had an OL and he stood like a deer in the headlights.

Rosen had no, repeat NO OL.  He could have had better protection if he stood behind 5 weighted sleds.

I will never say he had an ideal situation. But the NFL is never ideal. He didnt elevate anyone, he didnt make good throws, he didnt anticipate routes, he didnt make changes to protection. He looked like he didnt belong. The fact AZ debated on whether or not to move on is laughable. That should have been a 5 mins conversation 

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

TBH, I'm not sure Rosen has the personality for that.

Part of the secret to Fitz long career is that he evidently possesses the quality of engaging teammates.  He's smart but he wears it lightly - as something that can help a teammate out.  He's funny; he's likeable; he engages people.

I think Rosen probably isn't the **** he's been portrayed as being, but I believe some reports that he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and he lets it show.