Fitzy and the Fins (Dolphins TC)

So there's been some chat about Fitzpatrick and the Fins in another thread (Heck with Clowney) which initially seemed like "elsewhere around the league" but it's pretty focused discussion now of Clowney and Yannick Ngakoue and their value and I don't want to hijack it.

Fundamentally I've been (sadly) amused watching Fins fans go nuts about how clearly he is the run-away leader to be their QB, there is no positional battle etc etc.

This happened Saturday.  "Bad Fitzy" showed up, and all of a sudden it's an open contest with Rosen:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/7/27/8933284/miami-dolphins-training-camp-position-battles-2019-quarterbacks-ryan-fitzpatrick-josh-rosen

Who by the way is captured in this photo, arguably one of the least flattering photos of an NFL starting QB, ever:
1158045879.jpg.0.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I have a feeling if Fitz is their starter this year he gets at least a win against the Bills.  Except for the last game in 2015 (albeit the most important game of his career) he seems to play well whenever he sees Buffalo.  

The Bills have a top flight defense. Fitzpatrick will look awful against them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They're pretty much having a rebuild year so they should see what they've got in Rosen not feed into a delusion as Fitz makes his next stop on his long Florida vacation.

Oh, I agree.  But the Phin Fan boards were...delusional

And the delusion may carry over to the coaches and the season

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Their forums think their Qb situation is pretty good; better than the Jets or Bills.

Good is as good does, Marine Mammals.

I'm just finding it....restful .... to read fan comments like "Saw the practice yesterday and while Rosen was slightly better neither was very good. They were not helped by a bunch of dropped passes. But it was a really bad day for the passing offense in general.  It will get better since at the beginning of training camp the defense is always ahead."

And really grateful we're not the ones saying that....so far....this year.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Their forums think their Qb situation is pretty good; better than the Jets or Bills.

They have a forum?  Is it a chat room on the JLo fanclub website?

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fitz in my memory has never been a good TC QB. 

FIFY

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I live in Florida now and have neighbors that are big Miami fans (season ticket holders).  They also belong to a Dolphins fan club.  They talk openly about how this season is going to be a train wreck.  They also talk about the general feeling within their club that Fitz and Rosen not being the long term answer.  They expect to be bad and draft a QB with a high pick in 2020.  I'm sure there are some people that have high expectations for their team but it doesn't seem to be the majority view.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Either Fitz starts and they win 3 games in spectacular fashion before he implodes or Rosen starts, is mediocre, and gets injured by midseason leading to Fitz taking the starting role into next season.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who by the way is captured in this photo, arguably one of the least flattering photos of an NFL starting QB, ever:
1158045879.jpg.0.jpg

Please, all the people who swore the Bills f***ed up taking Allen instead of Rosen, please stand up and take a bow. Looks like they are teaching him how to throw a football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I live in Florida now and have neighbors that are big Miami fans (season ticket holders).  They also belong to a Dolphins fan club.  They talk openly about how this season is going to be a train wreck.  They also talk about the general feeling within their club that Fitz and Rosen not being the long term answer.  They expect to be bad and draft a QB with a high pick in 2020.  I'm sure there are some people that have high expectations for their team but it doesn't seem to be the majority view.

So you have sensible neighbors and perhaps they belong to a sensible Mammals fan club.

But trust me on this, there are plenty to be found who are going off the rails about their great QB situation

Majority, minority - on the internet, who can tell?

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Now to be fair, that Op does have some responses suggesting he quit drinking and "not bogart", but he also has some agreeing or even going a step further.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

the pic of Rosen isn’t loading for me 

Try this.  The poor lad, but it really is worth looking at.

https://www.thephinsider.com/the-splash-zone-miami-dolphins-news/2019/7/28/8933199/the-splash-zone-7-28-19-notes-from-day-3-of-training-camp-miami-dolphins-josh-rosen-ryan-fitzpatrick

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

As of right now, Fitz is the second best qb in the division.  Obviously the young guys can pass him but Fitz is solid.  Honestly, their qb situation is pretty solid.  There’s no better guy to learn from than Fitz.  And if both aren’t the answer, they draft another guy next year.

55 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The Bills have a top flight defense. Fitzpatrick will look awful against them.

That’s the thing with Fitz.  He is capable of carving up top defense.  He also just as capable as throwing 4 ints against a terrible one.  

He is Brett Farve without the arm strength.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Please, all the people who swore the Bills f***ed up taking Allen instead of Rosen, please stand up and take a bow. Looks like they are teaching him how to throw a football.

Yeah, definitely smart to say this now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

An adorable quote from the first post's first paragraph:

"Some teams don't even have one good starter. Consider the fragility of the Titans situation, or the questions the Bills are facing at QB..."

LMAO daheck?!?!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, definitely smart to say this now.  

Well, uh, yeah. That's the point, ain't it? To declare something because you want to say "I was right." You have to own it when you're wrong too.

Sorry, I still have vivid memories the day after we drafted Allen. A lot of things were said that I'm sure are better forgotten.

Edited by PromoTheRobot