2019 NFL Season: Your BOLD predictions

Browns have a lot of talent, but don't know how to be coached to work together.  They don't finish with a record better than 8-8.

Cam Newton has a down year and loses his job to Will Grier.

Bills win the division, Pats miss the playoffs.

Robert Foster leads the league in receiving yards.

Zeke keeps demanding a new contract, but has an early season ending injury.

I don't wanna say this because we all want the Bills to go to the SB, but this is the Texans year to go.

Josh Rosen will be traded again by the end of the year.

Doug Marrone and Mike Tomlin get axed after not meeting expectations.

Mason Rudolph starts 3 games to show that he's the future starter

Joe Flacco will keep Denver interesting but barely misses the playoffs

Edited by Circlethewagon8404
another prediction

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I think the Falcons are going to be very good this year; they will give the Saints a run for their money.

I think the window has closed. I think the Saints are coming back to the pack... but I don't expect it to be the Falcons who emerge.

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the window has closed. I think the Saints are coming back to the pack... but I don't expect it to be the Falcons who emerge.

Fair enough, we'll see.  I also think the Bruce Arians experiment will fail in Tampa, and the Panthers will be a playoff contender.

Just now, eball said:

Fair enough, we'll see.  I also think the Bruce Arians experiment will fail in Tampa, and the Panthers will be a playoff contender.

I think Tampa are going to have a decent season - last placed schedule and all. I don't think it will last long term but I think they will be competitive this season and Arians (who unlike Adam Gase for example does have a legitimate record of improving Quarterbacks he works with) will get a career year out of Jameis - giving Tampa a problem as they will then sign him long term and regret it.

Brady's season is just like Favre's final season. He'll be banged up & have a poor statistical year while the Pats try to become a runninng team. In Week 16, Brady gets knocked out of the game by a hit from unsung Bills LB, Vosean Joseph, making it his final NFL game.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Arians is a terrific coach

He has a fantastic W-L record when he has Andrew Luck or Carson Palmer at QB.  Winston is neither.  I expect Jameis to be a somewhat valuable FF QB who will continue to kill his team at the worst times.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

He has a fantastic W-L record when he has Andrew Luck or Carson Palmer at QB.  Winston is neither.  I expect Jameis to be a somewhat valuable FF QB who will continue to kill his team at the worst times.

Jameis was my fantasy qb for a portion of the season. Was pretty good from that perspective. 

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Jameis has the talent and has flashed many times over his short NFL career to this point.

He is still capable of being a very good NFL QB if he can just mature as a human being.... I'm not confident that will happen but Arians is a guy who can get the most out of him as a QB.

Carson Palmer had his struggles without Arians as has Luck. The guy has proven he is a good coach and makes a difference for his QBs.

Yeah, I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest so you don't need to "prove" anything...just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Jameis has the talent and has flashed many times over his short NFL career to this point.

He is still capable of being a very good NFL QB if he can just mature as a human being.... I'm not confident that will happen but Arians is a guy who can get the most out of him as a QB.

Carson Palmer had his struggles without Arians as has Luck. The guy has proven he is a good coach and makes a difference for his QBs.

Palmer had utterly sucked in Oakland there was no market for him when he signed in Arizona. Arians revived his career. He has a genuine track record of improving and developing QBs. I expect Winston to have a career year. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Gonna echo that Arians will work wonders with Jameis and the Bucs will be a much improved team because of it.  I love Arians as a coach so I might be a bit biased but the Cards absolutely fell off a cliff when he left.

The Lions will win the NFC North on the backs of an amazing defensive effort.

The NFC North is the best division in football.  

Marcus Mariota doesn't improve and the Titans are in a pickle about whether or not he is the guy and worth re-signing.

Foles sucks and so do the Jags. 

Dwayne Haskins is the best rookie QB and wins ROTY.

Goff and the Rams return to earth.  Luckily they play in a bad division.  The Cards and Niner will still struggle and the Seahawks lost too much (although they could win the division still - Wilson is that good).  So they may still have a good record (not a lock) but there will be more questions about Goff and how good he actually is. 

Patriots win the division.  I really hate typing that but maybe some reverse juju will happen for once lol.  They have built that team to run the ball and Brady is still deadly accurate.  Belichick is still the best coach in the game and the best at adjusting to his teams strengths.  I won't believe it is over for them until it actually is.  Even then it will take a few days to sink in lol.

• 1 month later...