2019 NFL Season: Your BOLD predictions

20 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Bravo!

That was a fun read.

Carson Wentz returns to form and the Eagles are the best team in the NFL- close second is the colts.
Best in the NFL? That is bold. I agree with you about Wentz, watch out.

Show me a better overall team from a depth and starters point of view without major questions... Maybe the Saints, but Brees is a question mark due to the age. The rams could be, but Wentz>Goff / Pederson>McVey. Their one weak spot is the secondary, and they've shown lately that that's not a big deal for them (the beauty of Jim Schwartz)

Allen looks like Carson Wentz in his second season, the bills have a top 3 defense, they win 11 games and win the division. 

Bold indeed. 11 wins is not out of the question, but I don't have the guts to make the same prediction.

This is the hardest to make, of course. I feel like a homer, but who saw the Eagles being what they were in Wentz's year two?

Browns hold off the upstart bengals (WTF did I just write) to win the division with 10 wins.

:o Upstart Bengals?! Please explain.

Mostly a joke, but there's always a team that surprises right? Shoot, just not being coached by Marvin Lewis ought to do wonders to that whole team... 

Eagles and Saints are class of NFC (13-3, 13-3) followed by the Seahawks, Vikings (Kirk Cousins gets it together and has a good/very good season) Bears, and the slightly humbled Rams. 

How humbled will the Rams be?

Say, 9-7? Maybe 10-6. Goff has been exposed, Gurley is the motor and he's hurt, Donald almost has to regress (in theory), McVey's shine has to wear off.. Just a thought. 

Garret gets fired after the Cowboys go 8-8 and Dak shows to be a good, not great QB. 

Ouch! Not a believer in the Cowboys.

Partially my own hate, partially just not believing in the top-to-bottom identity of the team. They've been let downs the entire 2000's.. Not sure Dak is the answer.

Raiders implode on September 1, get the move done early and just sit in Vegas waiting for 2020. 

Will Antonio Brown still be with them?

Probably doing shows in Vegas... Rockettes maybe?

57 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Plus they just gave him an extension didn’t they? Maybe I’m wrong I thought I read they added a year or two to his deal. 

They added a year, but I don't think it's the kind of thing to prevent a change if things go sideways. My dad, a Steelers fan, argued this offseason that they should keep him and that he isn't the problem, but he's now come around to the idea that he needs to produce this year or be gone. I think he's in a McCarthy situation- show out or get out. (McCarthy just straight up imploded.)

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bears don’t make the playoffs 

Andrew Luck wins MVP

Agreed with the bears.  Fangio = an amazing DC that will be missed sorely imo.  

Luck winning mvp isn’t really even that Bold to me?  Hes one of the favorites for sure

Devin Singletary doesn't see the field much.

McCoy returns to form.

Bills get a wildcard playoff spot.

Browns win 9 games but miss the playoffs.

Josh Allen makes the pro bowl.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Devin Singletary doesn't see the field much.

McCoy returns to form.

Bills get a wildcard playoff spot.

Browns win 9 games but miss the playoffs.

Josh Allen makes the pro bowl.

Which Josh Allen?

Wins in the following order

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Mayfield

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Which Josh Allen?

Wins in the following order

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Mayfield

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

The one in a Bills uniform. Always.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Agreed with the bears.  Fangio = an amazing DC that will be missed sorely imo.  

Luck winning mvp isn’t really even that Bold to me?  Hes one of the favorites for sure

He may be a Vegas favorite (i actually have no idea) but no one talks about him 

3 hours ago, Estro said:

1 - The Chargers don't finish the season with a winning record.

I've been saying this for a while now.

Last year was kinda flukey.

just look at the QB's they faced.

1 Mahomes (1st real start) LA lost

2 Allen (rookie 1st start)

3 Goff (LA lost)

4 Beathard (WHO???)

5 Carr

6 Mayfield (rookie in 4TH? start)

7 Marriota (LA won by 2 pts)

8 Wilson (only quality win in my opinion)

9 Carr

10 Keenum (LA lost)

11 Rosen (rookie on horrible team)

12 Raper (amid the drama with Brown) LA won by 3

13 Driskel (WHO???)

14 Mahomes (LA won by 1 pt)

15 Jackson (rookie) LA lost

16 Keenum

thats 8 games vs rookies(4) 1st year starter(2) unknown backups(2)

and most of the rest filled with the likes of Carr and Keenum.

couple that with 

- They face a much tougher schedule this season vs Luck,  Stafford,  Watson,  Raper,  Trubisky, Rodgers, Foles and of course Mahomes X2.

- Gordon's holdout shenanigans could be very damaging as well

- They have virtually no home field advantage. I live in LA and it's a joke that they are even here.  and yes, I was at the Peterman game :(

- Rivers is now 38 and a career choker in most any clutch situation. At his age,  I'll bet that only gets worse.

I'm feeling they will be 7-9

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

do they have tickets?

Just think if they can straighten things out with Zeke they have one hell of a roster. A Quarterback who doesn't wow you with stats but is good in the clutch and knows how to win; the best running back in the game; a top 5 offensive line; a #1 wide receiver; an solid defensive line with a top flight pass rusher; the best young linebacking duo in the game; a #1 corner..... the only question mark I have in regards their roster is beyond Byron Jones in the secondary I think they can be got at but there isn't a single complete team in the league and I think Dallas have a roster that is right in its window now. 

Coaching is a question mark as well, granted. But talent wise I think they are top to bottom the best roster in the NFC. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Baker Mayfield wins MVP and Browns get 1st seed in playoffs.  They then lose Divisional game in heartbreaking fashion and don't make the playoffs again for the next decade.

Jets and Giants combine for seven wins.  Both head coaches and Gettleman fired at end of year.

Pats win division at 10-6 but get beat by KC in AFC Championship game rematch.  Brady announces retirement and then changes mind before NFL draft to mess with Belichick. 

Bills go 9-7 but don't make playoffs.  Future looks very bright though although we're still wondering if Josh Allen is the guy.

John Elway, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all fired/mutually agree to part ways.  Steelers offense will feel loss of A. Brown more than they anticipated.

Eagles and Chiefs in Super Bowl.  Andy Reid makes grave error at end of game and Eagles are champions again.

My boldest team-related prediction that goes against the "mass media" outlook relates to the Ravens.  I just don't get it.  I think their defense will still be decent but they lost a lot on that side of the ball.  Deciding to install a run-based offense behind a run-first QB in this day and age makes no sense to me.  I think the Ravens will beat the bad teams on their roster and have a tough time defeating anyone with an above-average defense.  It would not surprise me at all to see this becoming a 5-6 win team in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the year the Patriots come back to Earth. The key players are old and often injured. After Edelman, there are big questions as to who Brady will throw to. And of course, Brady himself doesn't have a painting getting old for him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yea I see Baltimore sub .500 for only the 2nd time in the Harbaugh era. Their defense has the potential to be really, really good on the back end. If Earl Thomas is back at his best they should have the best secondary in the league. But they did lose a couple of other pieces and I have no confidence at all in Lamar Jackson. I said when he was drafted that if he never improved as a passer from what he was in his final year in college he was not a good enough passer to be a starting QB in the NFL. The Ravens did little to develop him as a passer last year preferring to put the short term gain of winning above his long term prospects. The one positive on offense is that they have the best "hide the Quarterback" coordinator in football running things. This is a man who temporarily made both Tyrod Taylor and Colin Kaepernick look like legitimate NFL QBs. 

Some other "shock" below .500 teams: 

- Falcons

- Bears

- 49ers (not sure if this is a shock but I see a fair few places talking them up) 

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I see Baltimore sub .500 for only the 2nd time in the Harbaugh era. Their defense has the potential to be really, really good on the back end. If Earl Thomas is back at his best they should have the best secondary in the league. But they did lose a couple of other pieces and I have no confidence at all in Lamar Jackson. I said when he was drafted that if he never improved as a passer from what he was in his final year in college he was not a good enough passer to be a starting QB in the NFL. The Ravens did little to develop him as a passer last year preferring to put the short term gain of winning above his long term prospects. The one positive on offense is that they have the best "hide the Quarterback" coordinator in football running things. This is a man who temporarily made both Tyrod Taylor and Colin Kaepernick look like legitimate NFL QBs. 

Some other "shock" below .500 teams: 

- Falcons

- Bears

- 49ers (not sure if this is a shock but I see a fair few places talking them up) 

I think the Falcons are going to be very good this year; they will give the Saints a run for their money.