2019 NFL Season: Your BOLD predictions

Non-Bills: Arians gets the best out of Winston and the Bucs sneak into a wildcard 

Bills: 4 bills defenders make the pro bowl. As the team wins games people will take notice of that side of the ball. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Oh boy. Here we go.

Lamar Jackson is exposed by week 3- by week 5 the Ravens fan base is asking what they’re gonna do now that they’ve built their team around him. 

Sam Darnold shows to be a QB with good talent, but a lot of mental mistakes and interceptions. As things get worse, Gase and Greggo implode, leaving the Jets in chaos. (Lev bell averages sub 3ypc) 

Carson Wentz returns to form and the Eagles are the best team in the NFL- close second is the colts. 

The Chiefs take a small step back, though Mahomes plays well and they are still a contender. Several mental lapses throughout the season leave lingering questions in KC for if Ried is past his Exp. Date.

Steelers go 7-9 and Mike Tonkin gets fired. 

Brady and the Pats show their age and Brady has a season similar to Manning’s last- difference is that the defense can’t carry the team. They miss the playoffs by one game.

Rosen starts after 3 super impressive, and two terrible games by Fitzmagic. Rosen looks worse and the dolphins go back and forth the rest of the season on way to a 4 win record. (Brock Osweilier starts at least 1 game in teal)

Allen looks like Carson Wentz in his second season, the bills have a top 3 defense, they win 11 games and win the division. 

Browns hold off the upstart bengals (WTF did I just write) to win the division with 10 wins.

Chargers and Colts are the class of the AFC (13-3, 12-4) with the Bills just behind. 

Eagles and Saints are class of NFC (13-3, 13-3) followed by the Seahawks, Vikings (Kirk Cousins gets it together and has a good/very good season) Bears, and the slightly humbled Rams. 

Aaron Rodgers publicly makes disparing remarks about the new administration as he battled through an injury laden season- rumors and questions begin to swirl in the frozen north or if the pack might consider moving on.

Dan Quinn gets fired after showing that he’s always been the problem. 

Cam Newton misses time and Rookie Will Grier plays well enough to make serious questions exist for the next administration after Riverboat Ron gets sent up the river. 

Kyler Murray looks like a boy among men, Kliff Kingsbury looks like a failed college coach. Would the birds start over again again?

Jimmy G? More like Jimmy Meh. 

Matt Patricia’s “style” is actually just him being an idiot, and he gone. Matthew Stafford once again subject to a bad team- best QB to consistently play on a bad team. 

Giants ride Saquan to 5 wins (literally ride, he might be dead after that) 

Haskins plays well, redskins instantly franchise tag him. Team admits they don’t know what they’re doing. 

Garret gets fired after the Cowboys go 8-8 and Dak shows to be a good, not great QB. 

Raiders implode on September 1, get the move done early and just sit in Vegas waiting for 2020. 

Broncos look good for two months, then fall apart down the stretch after a Flacco injury. Elway “retires” and the team looks for a new GM. 

Texans are who we thought they were- a good team with no depth and literally no OL. Watson is still amazing, but is getting killed constantly. Bill O’Brian actually consolidated more power... governor of Texas, maybe?

Foles has an up and down season, plays well and gets them a wildcard ticket. Jalen Ramsey (whose been a meh player all season) fights with OBJ and causes the Jags to loose, ala Vontaze Burfict. 

Marcus Mariota is a good QB whose never available. Tannehill has a brief career resurgence but ruins it in an important game with 3 interceptions and two fumbles. 

Wow. That got away from me, but that was fun...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills defeat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game to stop the Patriots from going to four straight Super Bowls. Bills win the Super Bowl.

Browns win the AFC North. Steelers miss the playoffs again and Rapistburger retires at the end of the season.

Packers miss the playoffs due to friction between Rodgers and the HC.

Antonio Brown requests a trade at the end of the season.

Edited by Jerry Jabber
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Steelers go 7-9 and Mike Tonkin gets fired

The highlighted alone is probably the boldest prediction.  The Steelers have never fired a coach (that I can remember), which would make Tomlin the first to get fired though it is probably time for him to go.  Should create quite a stir from the media and pundits.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The highlighted alone is probably the boldest prediction.  The Steelers have never fired a coach (that I can remember), which would make Tomlin the first to get fired though it is probably time for him to go.  Should create quite a stir from the media and pundits.

Plus they just gave him an extension didn’t they? Maybe I’m wrong I thought I read they added a year or two to his deal. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Oh boy. Here we go.

Lamar Jackson is exposed by week 3- by week 5 the Ravens fan base is asking what they’re gonna do now that they’ve built their team around him. 

Sam Darnold shows to be a QB with good talent, but a lot of mental mistakes and interceptions. As things get worse, Gase and Greggo implode, leaving the Jets in chaos. (Lev bell averages sub 3ypc) 

Carson Wentz returns to form and the Eagles are the best team in the NFL- close second is the colts. 

The Chiefs take a small step back, though Mahomes plays well and they are still a contender. Several mental lapses throughout the season leave lingering questions in KC for if Ried is past his Exp. Date.

Brady and the Pats show their age and Brady has a season similar to Manning’s last- difference is that the defense can’t carry the team. They miss the playoffs by one game.

Rosen starts after 3 super impressive, and two terrible games by Fitzmagic. Rosen looks worse and the dolphins go back and forth the rest of the season on way to a 4 win record. (Brock Osweilier starts at least 1 game in teal)

Allen looks like Carson Wentz in his second season, the bills have a top 3 defense, they win 11 games and win the division. 

Browns hold off the upstart bengals (WTF did I just write) to win the division with 10 wins.

Chargers and Colts are the class of the AFC (13-3, 12-4) with the Bills just behind. 

Eagles and Saints are class of NFC (13-3, 13-3) followed by the Seahawks, Vikings (Kirk Cousins gets it together and has a good/very good season) Bears, and the slightly humbled Rams. 

Aaron Rodgers publicly makes disparing remarks about the new administration as he battled through an injury laden season- rumors and questions begin to swirl in the frozen north or if the pack might consider moving on.

Cam Newton misses time and Rookie Will Grier plays well enough to make serious questions exist for the next administration after Riverboat Ron gets sent up the river. 

Kyler Murray looks like a boy among men, Kliff Kingsbury looks like a failed college coach. Would the birds start over again again?

Matt Patricia’s “style” is actually just him being an idiot, and he gone. Matthew Stafford once again subject to a bad team- best QB to consistently play on a bad team. 

Haskins plays well, redskins instantly franchise tag him. Team admits they don’t know what they’re doing. 

Garret gets fired after the Cowboys go 8-8 and Dak shows to be a good, not great QB. 

Raiders implode on September 1, get the move done early and just sit in Vegas waiting for 2020. 

Broncos look good for two months, then fall apart down the stretch after a Flacco injury. Elway “retires” and the team looks for a new GM. 

Texans are who we thought they were- a good team with no depth and literally no OL. Watson is still amazing, but is getting killed constantly. Bill O’Brian actually consolidated more power... governor of Texas, maybe?

Foles has an up and down season, plays well and gets them a wildcard ticket. Jalen Ramsey (whose been a meh player all season) fights with OBJ and causes the Jags to loose, ala Vontaze Burfict. 

Marcus Mariota is a good QB whose never available. Tannehill has a brief career resurgence but ruins it in an important game with 3 interceptions and two fumbles. 

Wow that was really good. Seriously if I typed it up my “idea” for how the season would play out would be eerily similar to what you typed 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Plus they just gave him an extension didn’t they? Maybe I’m wrong I thought I read they added a year or two to his deal. 

Yep.  He just got a one year extension which takes him through the 2021 season, and an option for the 2022 season.  There is speculation that Tomlin's seat is warm.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oh boy. Here we go.

I agree with you. Ravens are in trouble.

I can easily see this happening.

Best in the NFL? That is bold. I agree with you about Wentz, watch out.

I would not be surprised if the Chargers won the AFC West.

Tomlin getting fired is overdue.

:thumbsup:

Dolphins could have the worst record in the NFL.

Bold indeed. 11 wins is not out of the question, but I don't have the guts to make the same prediction.

:o Upstart Bengals?! Please explain.

Still not sure about the Bills, but the rest I agree.

How humbled will the Rams be?

Interesting.

Wow.

Not out of the question.

I cannot see the Cardinals abandoning another rookie QB so quickly. Talk about a bad look. Poor Larry Fitzgerald. He should just retire.

:beer:

A real shame. Stafford deserved better.

:lol:

Ouch! Not a believer in the Cowboys.

Will Antonio Brown still be with them?

Yep, the Texans just don't have enough.

We shall see about Foles. Although a wild card would not be shocking.

I could see that happening.

Bravo!

That was a fun read.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oh boy. Here we go.

If Astro misses a practice due to illness, you should ghostwrite his column notes for him. Great job—bookmark these predictions, I think you’re on to something.:thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That team (the same one that hasn’t won important games with much more talent in previous years) is just not inspiring to me, and I don’t see how he would weather a bad season now that he’s “cleaned the culture up”