Sign in to follow this  
ukbuffalo

Visiting buffalo

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The train would be even worse. Definitely fly. Once in Buffalo, how comfy are you driving on the right? Easiest and most efficient way to see the most sites if you drive yourself with a rental car. About $40/day at Buffalo airport.

Totally rent a car.  Can't do much in expansive US without own car.

Funny story @BritBill I worked with a guy who was married to a lady from the London area.  Her family came to visit them in Illinois (Chicagoland area).  They flew into O'Hare/ORD.  Two things they noted:

1. Go to Disney World. (Orlando is 1,000 miles from Chicago)...There I would agree, grab a flight.  

2. They were amazed by all the trees in the US. 

LMAO...

NYC is only a 375 mile trip.  That's a nice day trip via car... By the time you get to airport security, etc... It will take longer.  Stay rolling, you'll see so much more and have so much more felxibility and freedom.

IMO, you'll be waiting around, doing a lot less if you are waiting for transportation.

Just my two shillings.

Now... If you want to go to Orlando... Hop a flight!  LoL...😉

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Totally rent a car.  Can't do much in expansive US without own car.

Funny story @BritBill I worked with a guy who was married to a lady from the London area.  Her family came to visit them in Illinois (Chicagoland area).  They flew into O'Hare/ORD.  Two things they noted:

1. Go to Disney World. (Orlando is 1,000 miles from Chicago)...There I would agree, grab a flight.  

2. They were amazed by all the trees in the US. 

LMAO...

NYC is only a 375 mile trip.  That's a nice day trip via car... By the time you get to airport security, etc... It will take longer.  Stay rolling, you'll see so much more and have so much more felxibility and freedom.

IMO, you'll be waiting around, doing a lot less if you are waiting for transportation.

Just my two shillings.

Now... If you want to go to Orlando... Hop a flight!  LoL...😉

I think I'm pretty switched on geography wise so I've no plans to visit Orlando for the day 🙂

We're only in Buffalo for the weekend and on the Sunday we're catching the Patriots game. 

I've already been to NYC and Chicago. In 2005 when the England soccer team played in the US. BTW, I preferred Chicago to NYC. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Though it sounds like there won't be time, Letchworth State Park is a beautiful place to visit.

3 spectacular waterfalls and a beautiful gorge. It's like a cross between the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

I think I'm pretty switched on geography wise so I've no plans to visit Orlando for the day 🙂

We're only in Buffalo for the weekend and on the Sunday we're catching the Patriots game. 

I've already been to NYC and Chicago. In 2005 when the England soccer team played in the US. BTW, I preferred Chicago to NYC. 

+1.

I laughed at the bolded part!  Wise call.  I am dealing with a son with time management short-comings so sorry if I come across pulling planning totally the other way, leaving a ton of room to spare!  🤣

But... It was totally funny, my co-workers British in-laws... They touch down at ORD and say (serious): "We'd like to go to Disney World." My friend was beside himself... LMAO...