Bills Training Camp: Day 4 - 7/28

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep Grinding Kid. Make my bold prediction come true that your play is going to force Shady off the roster via before season trade. 

I would really hate for that to happen based upon pre-season.

Remember last year when we traded away a game-proven veteran in favor of a guy who looked good in summer?  How'd that work?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You'll give me a verifiable fact?  Big of ya! ?

Everybody is out there in the same freakin' heat, including John Brown who has a bona fide genetic condition that makes him more susceptible to heat, exertion, and dehydration.

It's NFL football, Man.  Yes, he did everything right this off-season, but when the coach calls you out in a presser and says you need to "evolve", you better make a change, especially if you're later seen making a concentration drop from the second string QB. 

Meanwhile if you don't, there are guys behind you who would love to have your spot. 

U just being slick... where I was raised when we say “I’ll give u that” it just means I admit my mistake n I give u the credit for bringing fact to the table on the topic... I don’t waste time chit chatting with arrogant mofos... peace

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Wow.... not to shocking, but what does it say that Bodine can’t even get reps with Morse sitting. Feliciano and Long both make the squad based on this move here.

Yeah.  The Bills already know what Bodine can do.  That's why they signed Morse.  They want to know how adequately other players can fill in for Morse should he get injured.  If Feliciano/Long can do a decent job snapping the ball, Bodine is likely history.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Remember last year when we traded away a game-proven veteran in favor of a guy who looked good in summer?  How'd that work?

Glenn? I’m drawing blanks on trades last year. 

I dont see a reason why we need to get rid of shady even if the other RBs have good camp. We have cap room. He’s a leader. Decent in passing game. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Everybody really needs to chill out with the Foster thing... he got cut last year because he didn’t produce during camp... but when the games counted the boy showed up... we’ve been fans of players long enough to know that not every player balls during practice...

Is it an interesting topic? Sure... Being blown way out of proportion? Absolutely... Relax y’all...

Agree it is too early to worry, but as I recall, Foster made the initial 53 based on his camp performance and then was cut based on poor performance and lack of focused effort.  It is disappointing to see him take a step back.   

5 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Agree it is too early to worry, but as I recall, Foster made the initial 53 based on his camp performance and then was cut based on poor performance and lack of focused effort.  It is disappointing to see him take a step back.   

Yeah somebody else brought it to my attention that he got cut after making the 53...that was my mistake as far as that information goes...

Just now, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Yeah somebody else brought it to my attention that he got cut after making the 53...that was my mistake as far as that information goes...

Saw that - I did not read on before responding.  Sorry for the superfluous correction.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep Grinding Kid. Make my bold prediction come true that your play is going to force Shady off the roster via before season trade. 

Is that a “bold” prediction?  I’d give it about a 35-40 percent chance of happening.  We have Shady, Singletary, Gore, Yeldon and Murphy. 5 capable RBs imo (I like Murphy more than most).  If we could get a draft pick for any of those guys (minus Singletary) I expect Beane to pull the trigger.  

I believe shady still has some gas in the tank, but 1 year left on his contract and a deep backfield makes him tradeable 

1 hour ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Everybody really needs to chill out with the Foster thing... he got cut last year because he didn’t produce during camp... but when the games counted the boy showed up... we’ve been fans of players long enough to know that not every player balls during practice...

Is it an interesting topic? Sure... Being blown way out of proportion? Absolutely... Relax y’all...

Sounds like Foster came into camp expecting to start and maybe got down/frustrated/upset to see he had to earn it and McD is working to teach the young player the all important mental side of the game and commitment.  

The fact McD is publicly talking about it to me sends a signal they believe in the kid and working to teach him how to be a pro more than anything.  People forget Foster worked hard this offseason too as he was wherever Josh was working out with him this offseason.  

I think Foster is going to be a big part of this offense still and McD is focused on getting this kid in position to teach his potential.  John brown and Cole are the perfect Vets to be around for him too in that WR room

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm honestly wondering who you are talking about. AJ McCarron? Is he what passes for a game proven vet these days?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Keeping one eye on how Hockenson is doing and my later draft TE favorite Josh Oliver - was pretty sure Oliver was on NE's radar with their trades to get in front of us in the 3rd, then hasty retreat from the 3rd right after Marrone snagged him.

Not wishing any lack of success on our own boys - there are a few that take their personal draft boards all the way around the bend with the "I told you so" and you wonder which team they are rooting for. First and foremost I am Bills fan and I want to see the guys on our roster become players that make other teams drool.

As tempted to rush things as they will be with the thin depth, they need to take the long view and give Knox's hammy the time to fully recover. Probably goes without saying, but Kroft is PUP bound and Beane's staff will be watching other team cuts and waivers to improve our depth TE.

I just can't help but remain curious about some of the TE's that stirred so much pre-draft controversy to see if they realize the potential some of us saw in them. That being said, regardless of where a player is taken in the draft it only takes a single injury for any player to go from hopeful hero to goat - it is the sad reality for professional athletes and we fans of the game can then argue forever about the kind of player they would have become.

Personally I will never forget the kind of incredible player Sam Cowart was becoming and the Frank Middleton cheap shot that I think ruined a pro-bowl career.  I always root for the Bills to crush Tampa the rare times we get to play them even though we are a generation or two removed from that hit.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1