Bills Training Camp: Day 4 - 7/28

14 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

I respect your assessment, but some of the posts in this thread give off the vibe that by Day 4 of camp it is already crisis mode for Foster. So he lined up wrong on a play, big deal. The roster has changed, but I don’t think there has been any major shift in the way the coaches feel about Foster. I think we’re witnessing the outcome of adding 2 WR moreso than we are seeing any kind of punishment to Foster.

I just don't see that, at all, literally.  I guess we see what we want to see, myself included. I see some concern balanced by two crowds who sometimes overlap.  There's the talent is so much better this year crowd and the Foster needs motivation and McDermott is providing it crowd.

Crisis? Why is it a crisis if the best group is on the field?

23 minutes ago, eball said:

For the love of god, why?  If there is any time to get excited and "pumped up" it's now!  We've got an up-and-coming HC, a young stud at QB, a roster finally brimming with talent, and a front office that is actually following through on a plan!

I read posts "worrying" about this and that -- a post earlier in this thread is by someone apparently "terrified" about how a player may let him down.  Get a grip!  If you can't have fun with this team after all we've been through as Bills fans please consult your mental health professional immediately!  BBFS has a cure!

What are we now? 9 or 10 days out from the first pre-season game? Whatever the season - even the years like last year when I have expected us to be bad - I am pumped for that first pre-season game let alone the first regular season game. You are only guaranteed 16 regular season games and 4 pre season games each year. I appreciate every single one of them. That I think we have a chance to be good this year is all the better. 

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, eball said:

For the love of god, why?  If there is any time to get excited and "pumped up" it's now!  We've got an up-and-coming HC, a young stud at QB, a roster finally brimming with talent, and a front office that is actually following through on a plan!

I read posts "worrying" about this and that -- a post earlier in this thread is by someone apparently "terrified" about how a player may let him down.  Get a grip!  If you can't have fun with this team after all we've been through as Bills fans please consult your mental health professional immediately!  BBFS has a cure!

Fear of being let down. Just relax and enjoy the ride. 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s why some of the bloggers are pissed that the Bills won’t credential them. As far as I know, other teams don’t credential bloggers either. 

anyone  can claim to be a blogger. 

You have to build your record of blogs over the years and show them you are (somewhat) legit.   

It can't be that hard ... could it?   File paperwork, pay the processing fee and Bob's your Uncle. 

/sarc

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

One of the things I am curious to know: Over four days of practice, everyone online and at the camp have been non-stop talking about the offense.  Look at all of Astro's notes....so focused on offense (or offense centric).  Usually at this time of the year, the defense is well ahead of offense.  However, not a peep about the defense.  

First to reiterate this point  - 4 days of camp.  Nothing has been decided in those 4 days.  (I guess you can get an idea if a guy is clueless) 

I have heard, read, seen vids of the Defense. (by default, who intercepted Josh), but to your point...   

I think there is a lot of excitement on the offence more than the D is because of all the changes to the O-Line and Receiving core and RB's. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

anyone  can claim to be a blogger. 

You have to build your record of blogs over the years and show them you are (somewhat) legit.   

It can't be that hard ... could it?   File paperwork, pay the processing fee and Bob's your Uncle. 

You'd think Astro has the resume after all these years. But pro franchises in every sport are selective with who gets to cover them.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

First to reiterate this point  - 4 days of camp.  Nothing has been decided in those 4 days.  (I guess you can get an idea if a guy is clueless) 

I have heard, read, seen vids of the Defense. (by default, who intercepted Josh), but to your point...   

I think there is a lot of excitement on the offence more then the D is because of all the changes to the O-Line and Receiving core and RB's. 

The best new from the D so far us that Edmunds has been properly flying about and looks much improved. I was a huge fan of the pick he was my 8th highest graded player in that draft and the Bills getting him where they did was a steal in my mind. But I did not love his play on the field last year. He made some sensational plays but his fundamentals on the every down stuff were sloppy. He was the same in college though made a big jump year 1 to year 2 - I am hopeful we see that again. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Taken from Astro's notes... notice how many times Foster's name show up... there's a reason for that:

Gunner summed it up:

"I make that Foster 5; Zay 5; Beasley 4; Brown 3 (but we know he has had significant snaps every day); Then 2 for McKenzie and one for Cam Phillips."

I'm not sure what your point is here.   The reason Foster's name shows up is that the team likes him and wants to give him every chance

But these are only 7 out of 24 or so plays in (I think) the team portion of practice.  It doesn't reflect the team's depth chart now or in the season.

Based on what's been reported so far, if you think Foster and Zay are seeing the field more than Beasley and Brown now or will get more during the season unless injuries (avert), I don't know what to tell you

22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

https://apple.news/AU2NpqsZuQgmlJ6NkxHueIw

rough day at camp for Sam. Imagine what this board would be like?

Awwww, we'd be all making excuses...errrr, finding exculpatory explanations.  The defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year.  Look at all the drops he had!  We just need to clean the rust off and get those WR to focus.  He's not throwing picks - he's making good decisions.  etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Awwww, we'd be all making excuses...errrr, finding exculpatory explanations.  The defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year.  Look at all the drops he had!  We just need to clean the rust off and get those WR to focus.  He's not throwing picks - he's making good decisions.  etc.

This is exactly right. Along with many people calling the people making those excuses delusional.

One of my favorite excuses was "Theyre not running their normal offense, theyre working on stuff hes not good at since its just preseason. Thats why he looked bad!"

Seems to me as though McD is really developing and honing his craft as well.  Reports of crisp, efficient practices with no wasted effort.  Situational work as a focus early in training camp (as opposed to running basic drills and getting everyone "up to speed").  Individual coaching among the position groups.  This is all the result of McD's leadership and how he has learned over his first two seasons on the job.

The Buffalo Bills are running like a well-oiled, established, professional organization!  Let's all keep our fingers crossed the injury bug doesn't bite worse and get ready for a fun season!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

https://apple.news/AU2NpqsZuQgmlJ6NkxHueIw

rough day at camp for Sam. Imagine what this board would be like?

Reminds me of a thread some posters started laughing at Mahomes for having a bad training camp practice last year.

its great the access we have but it’s so overblown. You try things in practice that you might not do in a game.  Also, it’s the time to make mistakes.  And as we see every year, preseason really has no impact on the regular season.  But it’s still football and it’s awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Reminds me of a thread some posters started laughing at Mahomes for having a bad training camp practice last year.

its great the access we have but it’s so overblown. You try things in practice that you might not do in a game.  Also, it’s the time to make mistakes.  And as we see every year, preseason really has no impact on the regular season.  But it’s still football and it’s awesome.

im not reading too much into it. maybe their line looking bad and blowing bell up in the back