Bills Training Camp: Day 4 - 7/28

12 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I’ll play “Glass Half Full” guy: “It’s great to see Tre claiming the ball as his. Our D is going to rock this year!”

I'll see you and "one up": it's great that Josh is facing guys who make him pay for each errant throw.  If he's gonna make a bad throw, it needs to result in a pick in practice just like it will in a game.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the point is, "practice the way you're gonna play".  To sell that in a game, Allen needs to be able to be looking elsewhere then turn his eyes at the last moment and hit Beasley.  He's not there yet which is fine, but it doesn't mean it's not something to note and work on.

Mahomes doesn’t even turn his eyes. juss sayin’..

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll see you and "one up": it's great that Josh is facing guys who make him pay for each errant throw.  If he's gonna make a bad throw, it needs to result in a pick in practice just like it will in a game.

might it have been more the result of a miscommunication? did Josh think it was a hook route?

Edited by Foxx

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm afraid I think this guy has a point on that particular route

Actually Josh is looking at the other WR which is why the DB never took off for Beasley. Nice try though whoever that Joey guy is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

might it have been more the result of a miscommunication? did josh think it was a hook route?

Could have been miscommunication, certainly can't say without seeing the play.  Allen might say something after practice if he does a media interview.

My favorite thing about this year is,  Allen has two highly experienced targets who can be trusted to make the right reads and run the right routes.  It makes things much simpler for him to work on.

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Actually Josh is looking at the other WR which is why the DB never took off for Beasley. Nice try though whoever that Joey guy is.

FWIW, I looked at the same play and saw it the same way Joey did, unless you are there and can see it in person more than just that clip.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

referring to this:

and earlier this:

The good news is that he's not the only thing the Bills got right now.  He's got an example in front of him, of who the Bills (or any NFL team) need him to be.

Does sound like Foster is the #4 at the moment. 

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Wow.... not to shocking, but what does it say that Bodine can’t even get reps with Morse sitting. Feliciano and Long both make the squad based on this move here.

Yep. Whichever one doesn't start at RG is their interior swing guy for gameday. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Does sound like Foster is the #4 at the moment. 

It could easily be that they feel Brown and Foster are somewhat redundant, and more effective together in 4WR sets, and that Cole in the slot, Zay running intermediate routes and Brown being the deep guy is the best three pronged attack. I don't happen to agree with that in total because I don't think that Zay is a good intermediate guy, he is best at the 3-8 yard routes like Beasley will be doing. But there is a logic to it. Not to mention that Foster does seem to need a fire lit under him, and Zay had a great off-season and was the veteran starter at that position last year. Zay needs to take a giant leap in year three in a lot of areas, I sure hope he does. Foster needs to show he can run and be effective in 5-15 yard routes. He showed flashes last year but just flashes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??? For entertainment, you should visit fan boards and media for "right Josh"'s new team and see what they have to say about him

I've been to finheaven and another Dolphins forum and I can't find any meaningful Josh discussion other than a few generally optimistic comments, aand one thread declaring their QB situation the best in the league. Maybe I misread your post, did you see doom and gloom? Or are you just laughing at their optimism in general? It reads just like ours has any year in the past really. 

Everybody really needs to chill out with the Foster thing... he got cut last year because he didn’t produce during camp... but when the games counted the boy showed up... we’ve been fans of players long enough to know that not every player balls during practice...

Is it an interesting topic? Sure... Being blown way out of proportion? Absolutely... Relax y’all...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Everybody really needs to chill out with the Foster thing... he got cut last year because he didn’t produce during camp... but when the games counted the boy showed up... we’ve been fans of players long enough to know that not every player balls during practice...

Is it an interesting topic? Sure... Being blown way out of proportion? Absolutely... Relax y’all...

Agreed, John Brown is also taking his role but that’s ok. Brown is way more polished at this point so he should be more of a focal point. Having Foster as the fourth wr is ideal. That means everyone else is playing up to their standards and RF can just be a weapon against back up cbs 

• Like (+1) 1