Bills Training Camp: Day 4 - 7/28

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm afraid I think this guy has a point on that particular route

it was a half field play and he was likely looking at the safety to  get him thinking deep and took the underneath route once he saw Beas had separation. Stop overthinking things fellas he is doing great

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm afraid I think this guy has a point on that particular route

Well, looks like a two receiver drill designed to be a short pass either side of the field so, yes, he was staring at Beasley the entire rep...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

Well, looks like a two receiver drill designed to be a short pass either side of the field so, yes, he was staring at Beasley the entire rep...

I think the point is, "practice the way you're gonna play".  To sell that in a game, Allen needs to be able to be looking elsewhere then turn his eyes at the last moment and hit Beasley.  He's not there yet which is fine, but it doesn't mean it's not something to note and work on.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Beasley is gonna be special in this offense

And may be Shady (or any of the RBs too).  If  John Brown can stretch the field and actually make the long balls (that were dropped last year),  then this offense is going to open up space for Shady and he is very good in open field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the point is, "practice the way you're gonna play".  To sell that in a game, Allen needs to be able to be looking elsewhere then turn his eyes at the last moment and hit Beasley.  He's not there yet which is fine, but it doesn't mean it's not something to note and work on.

Exactly.  They are not going to sit idle after rebuilding the WR corps with all that money (Brown, Beasley and Kroft)

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agree but maybe they want him to get comfortable with the throw and then get more advanced.

• Like (+1) 1