Bills Training Camp: Day 4 - 7/28

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The former quote is the part I caught, but there was a bunch more stuff he said - anyone catch it?  What does "finding his way" mean?  And what was McDermott asked that elicited that bit about classic case and finding his way?

And as for the refocused angry D - they'll be doing it without Zo, sounds like he's also not wearing pads, veteran rest day there too, along with Morse?

Interesting training technique:

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Possible, though I wouldn't say likely at this stage.

I think the Bills are going to look hard at what they get from Sweeney and Lee Smith today.

If they think those guys can fill "next man up" they'll stand pat, if they think they need help they'll hit the phones Monday and possibly talk to Duke about transitioning.

But looking hard at Sweeney and Smith is job 1 today.

Edit: seriousness of Knox hamstring may play into that as well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did anyone else catch more of what McDermott said about Foster?  It sounded as though reporters are seeing him as his role slipping, and want to know why when he did all the right things in terms of training with Josh/training here.

I thought I caught something to the effect that a lot of 2nd year players that have some success go through this, but I didn't really catch what McDermott said specifically

That's Good News if true because it would mean we're going into the season without injuries.  Cross your fingers and say "avert!"

...interesting...Foster needed a wake up call last year and responded.......maybe McDermott is borrowing another page from the "Master of Mind Games" himself, Bill Parcells.....

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sweeney time.  I somehow think this guy is going to turn into  a special player.  He has all the intangibles and as a 7th round pick probably the drive to succeed