Arizona releases Robert Nkemdiche

15 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Both guys were the premiere interior DL prospects for their respective class and they both managed to screw it up. I like McD’s approach with Oliver, I’m hoping it works.

Oliver is very much a boom or bust candidate much like the Ole Miss Spice Head.

Wait, how did Oliver screw it up? He was drafted in the top 10 to a team that he wants to be on and wants him. 

Im not sure i get where he screwed up? Is it because Major Applewhite was upset at him wearing a jacket? That’s silly and you know it. 

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It's all on Allen at this point. They passed on a MVP QB and now they have to prove their QB is capable of getting them to the playoffs. If Allen is even above average with Edmunds, Oliver, and White all playing at a high level this team will be fine. Still worried about a pass rush but if those guys continue to develop then McD and Beane will be here for a while. As much as I am hesitant to give praise of this regime (Beane created the cap crisis and McD let Gilmore walk then blew a 3dd round comp pick), I really like what they have done with the OL. They overpaid for Morse but if he is even close to a top 5 center they should be able to put together a solid line with the mix of veterans and youth on this team. I like bringing back Lee Smith as a blocking TE. Hope they couple that with getting rid of useless FB position. And I like they drafted a TE. 

I want them to be successful. I just wish more people on this board would be more objective about the moves made. Most of what a GM does is educated guesses anyways. If they knew what they were doing then there wouldn't be the term bust.

Wish you were GM.  Then we could be further enlightened by your guesses.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember when he was drafted.  He was supposed to be athletic and talented with a streak of nasty in him.  Just more evidence that you can't be sure about a guy until he's on the field in a game, and even then it takes a while.

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Here is the number one Nkemdiche hater folks. Blokes hated him that much he wouldn't even have used the Patriots 7th round pick on him.

I probably wouldn't have even used a CFL draft pick on him. The hype was unreal for a guy that couldn't even read the run game.

The whole falling out of a window aside, I don't think he ever really had anything going on upstairs. At least not in a football sense, anyway.

Edited by Blokestradamus
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Maybe some pundits who look at recruiting profile lmao

He always had the potential but his tape was lacking

Ed has the tape and pedigree

Exactly - production did not match the look.  Gary from this year's draft will be same.