Arizona releases Robert Nkemdiche

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can agree he displays a certain boom or bust capabilities

BUT the thing that keeps him apart form other prospects is he is already a tremendous run stuffer

He may never be a 10 sack guy but he will be stuffing weak side runs at the Line of scrimmage at the least

Bleh. I just see a smallish DT who is stuck in his own head. Watch the guy walk around flexing.

He is either going to be great or get steam rolled and humbled. I don’t see a guy like that just filling a role. 

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Bleh. I just see a smallish DT who is stuck in his own head. Watch the guy walk around flexing.

He is either going to be great or get steam rolled and humbled. I don’t see a guy like that just filling a role. 

To be fair I am a hardcore fan over a scout and coach when it comes to the Bills

My objectivity and experience goes out the window when my fandom kicks in sometimes

But I still stand by he is a better run stuffer than pass rusher rn. He has always rushed the passer at a good level thanks to his athleticism

You need rush moves and counters to your moves in the NFL , which he doesn't have yet

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

To be fair I am a hardcore fan over a scout and coach when it comes to the Bills

My objectivity and experience goes out the window when my fandom kicks in sometimes

But I still stand by he is a better run stuffer than pass rusher rn. He has always rushed the passer at a good level thanks to his athleticism

You need rush moves and counters to your moves in the NFL , which he doesn't have yet

Fair. 

Well, if he is smart, he will take his one time in a career guaranteed salary for this year from the NFL because I doubt he will ever get anything close to what he was going to make this year again.

The biggest difference between Nkemdiche & Oliver is the production. Each were ELITE recruits but Oliver may be the best freshman to ever play college football. His sophomore year was also dominant. His last year was about protecting his draft status as he had already cemented himself as a LOCK to go in the top 10. 

Nkemdiche was a part of (arguably) the shadiest recruiting class ever. He was a great recruit but there was some shady business going on. If memory serves me correctly he came in with Treadwell & Tunsil. That Ole Miss program was not one built on character. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The biggest difference between Nkemdiche & Oliver is the production. Each were ELITE recruits but Oliver may be the best freshman to ever play college football. His sophomore year was also dominant. His last year was about protecting his draft status as he had already cemented himself as a LOCK to go in the top 10. 

Nkemdiche was a part of (arguably) the shadiest recruiting class ever. He was a great recruit but there was some shady business going on. If memory serves me correctly he came in with Treadwell & Tunsil. That Ole Miss program was not one built on character. 

Agree

Oliver's tape his first two years scream ****** stud

Pardon my language

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Going into his last season at Ole Miss he was touted as a top 3 pick and plenty talk of him going at 1. He was the top rated HS prospect. 

Many thought Oliver was a top 3 guy. Nkemdiche has more height than Oliver but I find both of these guys to be boom or bust head case type of players. Oliver has his chance to boom.

I said it back when Robert Nkemdiche was going through the draft process, the interviews are key for a coaching staff. From

what I have seen of Beane and McD, they have a much better understanding of what and who wins than recent Bills coaches. 

Better understanding based on what? They started Peterman? They traded for KB. They signed a CB that quit at half time. McD passed on MVP QB. Beane and McD have proven nothing except they can cut guys. They have made plenty of good moves and I'm as hopeful as anyone. I wanted QB Allen over Darnold and Rosen. I would have made a move up for DE Allen this year but they landed a possible great interior DL without giving up anything.  Please be realistic in your assessments.  This year will tell us alot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The guy is an athletic freak, I was so excited about him coming out of HS but knew something was up when he went to Ole Miss.

I hate being that guy, because I usually shoot it down. But I'd love to kick the tires on him and give him until next TC to prove himself as a professional.

I know he's a disaster, I think we all pick players that we think have that upside that we back with a bias. That's what I'm doing here.

I'm saying this knowing I'll probably be wrong and won't be mad if he turns it around somewhere else. I wouldn't blame any team for not touching him. He reminds me of Justin Blackmon. The spice thing bothered me, but he's just someone who you watch at times and he looks legit. So far in the NFL he hasn't.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Better understanding based on what? They started Peterman? They traded for KB. They signed a CB that quit at half time. McD passed on MVP QB. Beane and McD have proven nothing except they can cut guys. They have made plenty of good moves and I'm as hopeful as anyone. I wanted QB Allen over Darnold and Rosen. I would have made a move up for DE Allen this year but they landed a possible great interior DL without giving up anything.  Please be realistic in your assessments.  This year will tell us alot.

I thought about this too. For every move that is touted as great they have made a bad one. I don't have enough time to track every GM. I just know they've made more mistakes than a lot on this board like to let on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I thought about this too. For every move that is touted as great they have made a bad one. I don't have enough time to track every GM. I just know they've made more mistakes than a lot on this board like to let on.

It's all on Allen at this point. They passed on a MVP QB and now they have to prove their QB is capable of getting them to the playoffs. If Allen is even above average with Edmunds, Oliver, and White all playing at a high level this team will be fine. Still worried about a pass rush but if those guys continue to develop then McD and Beane will be here for a while. As much as I am hesitant to give praise of this regime (Beane created the cap crisis and McD let Gilmore walk then blew a 3dd round comp pick), I really like what they have done with the OL. They overpaid for Morse but if he is even close to a top 5 center they should be able to put together a solid line with the mix of veterans and youth on this team. I like bringing back Lee Smith as a blocking TE. Hope they couple that with getting rid of useless FB position. And I like they drafted a TE. 

I want them to be successful. I just wish more people on this board would be more objective about the moves made. Most of what a GM does is educated guesses anyways. If they knew what they were doing then there wouldn't be the term bust.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Both guys were the premiere interior DL prospects for their respective class and they both managed to screw it up. I like McD’s approach with Oliver, I’m hoping it works.

Oliver is very much a boom or bust candidate much like the Ole Miss Spice Head.

I don't believe that to be the case at all.  Oliver never had issues with effort, he's a high motor guy with extreme athleticism.  I think people have this misconception of him because of his size.   Oliver's floor is at a decent player level his ceiling is All Pro.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Robert was a top notch prosect coming out of HS

His collegiate tape and last year left alot to he desired

I didn't have a top 30 grade on him

Nor did a lot of people. Was all projection with him. Oliver's college tape blows his out of the water. 

Arizona's first round picks since Pat Pete might be the sorriest collection of 1st round picks by any NFL team in that period. Wonder why they are a team with sub NFL talent? Their GM keeps busting with hisn1st rounders. 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It's all on Allen at this point. They passed on a MVP QB and now they have to prove their QB is capable of getting them to the playoffs. If Allen is even above average with Edmunds, Oliver, and White all playing at a high level this team will be fine. Still worried about a pass rush but if those guys continue to develop then McD and Beane will be here for a while. As much as I am hesitant to give praise of this regime (Beane created the cap crisis and McD let Gilmore walk then blew a 3dd round comp pick), I really like what they have done with the OL. They overpaid for Morse but if he is even close to a top 5 center they should be able to put together a solid line with the mix of veterans and youth on this team. I like bringing back Lee Smith as a blocking TE. Hope they couple that with getting rid of useless FB position. And I like they drafted a TE. 

I want them to be successful. I just wish more people on this board would be more objective about the moves made. Most of what a GM does is educated guesses anyways. If they knew what they were doing then there wouldn't be the term bust.

Um, Beane didnt sign those guys, Riss did.  So that mess wasnt his,  He was just the one who cleaned it up.