Arizona releases Robert Nkemdiche

Not trying to get any hate cats out of their litter boxes but this is the guy Oliver reminded me of. Top 3 lock, not so much and attitude questions. I’m not down on Oliver but I’m weary.

I’m calling him Little Oliver until he gets a solo sack. 

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Not trying to get any hate cats out of their litter boxes but this is the guy Oliver reminded me of. Top 3 lock, not so much and attitude questions. I’m not down on Oliver but I’m weary.

I’m calling him Little Oliver until he gets a solo sack. 

Nkemdiche had that little issue with the Spice his last year at ole Miss, as I recall 

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/ole-miss-s-robert-nkemdiche-s-use-of-synthetic-marijuana-led-to-hotel-fall-121415/

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nkemdiche had that little issue with the Spice his last year at ole Miss, as I recall 

Both guys were the premiere interior DL prospects for their respective class and they both managed to screw it up. I like McD’s approach with Oliver, I’m hoping it works.

Oliver is very much a boom or bust candidate much like the Ole Miss Spice Head.

Edited by CommonCents

6 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Both guys were the premiere interior DL prospects for their respective class and they both managed to screw it up. I like McD’s approach with Oliver, I’m hoping it works.

Oliver is very much a boom or bust candidate much like the Ole Miss Spice Head.

Robert was a top notch prosect coming out of HS

His collegiate tape and last year left alot to he desired

I didn't have a top 30 grade on him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah, going into the draft Oliver >> Nkemdiche. I don't think anyone thought of Nkemdiche as a top 10 player.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah, going into the draft Oliver >> Nkemdiche. I don't think anyone thought of Nkemdiche as a top 10 player.

Maybe some pundits who look at recruiting profile lmao

He always had the potential but his tape was lacking

Ed has the tape and pedigree

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Going into his last season at Ole Miss he was touted as a top 3 pick and plenty talk of him going at 1. He was the top rated HS prospect. 

Many thought Oliver was a top 3 guy. Nkemdiche has more height than Oliver but I find both of these guys to be boom or bust head case type of players. Oliver has his chance to boom.

I said it back when Robert Nkemdiche was going through the draft process, the interviews are key for a coaching staff. From

what I have seen of Beane and McD, they have a much better understanding of what and who wins than recent Bills coaches. 

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Going into his last season at Ole Miss he was touted as a top 3 pick and plenty talk of him going at 1. He was the top rated HS prospect. 

Many thought Oliver was a top 3 guy. Nkemdiche has more height than Oliver but I find both of these guys to be boom or bust head case type of players. Oliver has his chance to boom.

I said it back when Robert Nkemdiche was going through the draft process, the interviews are key for a coaching staff. From

what I have seen of Beane and McD, they have a much better understanding of what and who wins than recent Bills coaches. 

Yes before he mailed it in.

Physically he is top notch, but you need more than that

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes before he mailed it in.

Physically he is top notch, but you need more than that

Right. We don’t need to detail the questions about Oliver in/after his final season do we?

Are you disagreeing that Oliver is an all or nothing type of pick? 

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Right. We don’t need to detail the questions about Oliver in/after his final season do we?

Are you disagreeing that Oliver is an all or nothing type of pick? 

I can agree he displays a certain boom or bust capabilities

BUT the thing that keeps him apart form other prospects is he is already a tremendous run stuffer

He may never be a 10 sack guy but he will be stuffing weak side runs at the Line of scrimmage at the least

• Like (+1) 1