Big concerns with the D....

BidsJr

20 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

For the last 20 years without exception we have heard that "the D is always ahead of the O at this time of year."  ???

Or is it maybe that....???

Pump the brakes there a bit buddy, it's been 2 days of TC and pads have not been put on yet. Or do they put pads on today? Either way there is still a lot more  to observe to really make any conclusions at this point, but hopefully the offense takes the next step.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We know this d is legit.  Interesting to hear dawkins say he felt the o line was three weeks into season as to how they were communicating 

That's great. Maybe they can get on track together early as possible.

1 minute ago, BidsJr said:

Sorry I did not make the sarcasm obvious enough...

Perhaps the O for the first time in a very long time is legit.  I am shocked at how well it sounds like they are playing.

This is what we all are hoping for. Would be great! Hopefully it will continue. They will probably have a bad day here and there as most do, but as long as they can stay consistent for the most part.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

Perhaps the O for the first time in a very long time is legit.  I am shocked at how well it sounds like they are playing.

it's been 2 days and a lot of 7 on 7....just relax a bit

Just now, nucci said:

it's been 2 days and a lot of 7 on 7....just relax a bit

It has been three and my point remains.

We had the #1 pass D last year and the O does not look lost.  This is progress!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Pump the brakes there a bit buddy, it's been 2 days of TC and pads have not been put on yet. Or do they put pads on today? Either way there is still a lot more  to observe to really make any conclusions at this point, but hopefully the offense takes the next step.

There are a couple of things. 

1st as you say: today was the first day with pads, and that makes a difference.

2nd: Where the "D ahead of the O" thing holds true, it's because the O tends to start out out much more vanilla and the D just has to paw the ground and GO!  This year, with experienced OL in 4/5 positions, apparently a higher-voltage OL coach, two experienced WR and Allen's second year in the system, I feel like the O is hitting the ground running.  Daboll is already switching things up, moving guys around, and the D is having to diagnose instead of just get after it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

Impossible. NFL observers say Allen is too inaccurate and the Bills are a 6-win team max. They are never wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BidsJr said:

For the last 20 years without exception we have heard that "the D is always ahead of the O at this time of year."  ???

Or is it maybe that....???

Thats the excuse when you are fielding a putrid Offense for two decades 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Our defense sucks again!!!!! ☹️

You ain’t seen nuthin’ yet! We are peaking now....it’s all downhill from here.....I don’t see how the offense can possibly out-suck them, but I’m sure we will see a valiant effort! 

44 minutes ago, BEAST MODE BABY! said:

Day 3 of training camp, and the OP finds a way to turn a good effort by the O into concerns for the D.

The defense returns 10 starters. The 11th will be Ed Oliver.

Are you like this in person? Oi vey....

To simplify it for you all he's saying is that it's been very long time since positive things were being said about the offense this early in TC. It's not that the D is bad but the offense is actually showing signs of life!!

Relax there buddy, maybe a little less beast mode might be worth trying. Our D is being challenged this year (albeit in the first few days of TC). How long has it been since that happened??

• Like (+1) 1