Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Golden Tate out against us

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL... The run defense is a serious concern.  They were gashed multiple times last year.  Oliver is a rookie. A lot will depend on Edmunds getting significanty better.  Needs to diagnose runs better and take better angles to the RB.  He is young so I am optimistic he can make a big leap.  He is still younger than most rookies.  

Oh, Ethan.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

received_414792295796346.jpeg

Word on the street is Giants fans are a Barkley ACL away from becoming Jets fans, and then burning the whole city to the ground... 

• Like (+1) 1

The Giants may very well be the worst team in football this year. It will be interesting to see if they pass on Tua and Herbert in 2020. Either way, Tate being out isn't really that big of a deal. All they really have is Ingram and Barkley. 

10 hours ago, Ben said:

Suspended 4 game KB might start against us?!

Golden Tate is an OL or does KB still think he can play WR.

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

NFL could take that into consideration and lower it by 2 games.  It still would help the Bills D.

Yes because Tate is Julio Jones or something.  I dont think Golden Tate strikes fear into the hearts of the #1 pass D in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Golden Tate is an OL or does KB still think he can play WR.

Yes because Tate is Julio Jones or something.  I dont think Golden Tate strikes fear into the hearts of the #1 pass D in the NFL.

agreed.  An easy game for our secondary just got even easier.

9 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

They signed him? I saw where the Giants were working him out but don't know if they officially signed him yet. If so, that's fine by me. Bills backfield should have a decent day against the Giants, hopefully anyways...

EDIT: Just saw in the KB thread that Giants are no longer interested it seems. Wow they are in a big mess at WR lol

He probably tripped over his own breasts on a go-route.😎

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Word on the street is Giants fans are a Barkley ACL away from becoming Jets fans, and then burning the whole city to the ground... 

Hope they wait till week 3.

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Passaic?   Fort Lee?  Jesus...not Hoboken! 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Everything North of Philadelphia, south of Boston, West of Denver, East of London, North of Miami, South of Atlantic City, Northwest of Las Vegas, Southnorth from RIo.... Man... I really lost track of that... 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don’t have it in front of me but he seems to have a legitimate appeal case. He SAYS that he and his wife took fertility drugs in April or something. A few days later he found out it contained a substance banned. He immediately notified the league and team before any failed test was known. And he couldn’t possibly have used it in April as a ‘performance enhancer.”

IF all of that is true he has a good case and the NFL will probably still deny it. ;)

Yea if that is true he should 100% win his appeal. 

If true, very hard to believe the NFL would uphold the suspension.

1 hour ago, eball said:

They did with Robert mathis 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I had the same question: "what city the NJ Giants Fans gonna burn?"

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea if that is true he should 100% win his appeal. 

The league doesn’t care. They tell them not to take a tic tac before clearing it 100% with the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I assume you mean the comments after the article, not the article itself?  As it notes:

"Despite Tate's optimism, drug suspensions are rarely overturned due to the NFL's ironclad policy on banned substances, which states that "[p]layers are responsible for what is in their bodies and a positive test will not be excused because a Player was unaware that he was taking a Prohibited Substance."

I mean, that's pretty much how it has to be, otherwise "oh, the doctor said it was fine, I didn't know" becomes everyone's excuse.  It's not like it's "tainted Mexican beef", something that has not previously been encountered....Tate was a rookie when Mathis was suspended.

Not worried about this game... Don't care if everyone is playing the Bills should win this.

Let me know when Brady is out.

21 hours ago, Ben said:

Suspended 4 game KB might start against us?!

Sheppard should be back week one. However the Giants are down 2 projected starters in Tate and Coleman. 

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The league doesn’t care. They tell them not to take a tic tac before clearing it 100% with the league. 

But it was a genuine mistake and he highlighted it in advance of a positive test. Sounds like he did everything he could do. 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But it was a genuine mistake and he highlighted it in advance of a positive test. Sounds like he did everything he could do. 

He said before the failed test was confirmed.

That could easily he read as he failed the a, sample was notified, and then he told them about the fertility treatment.  I used to administer drug tests.  If someone fails the first question asked is "would there be a reason for this to be in your system?"  For most people it would be a prescription.  

I won't guarantee that's what happened here but due to the careful wording I wouldn't be surprised.

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

He said before the failed test was confirmed.

That could easily he read as he failed the a, sample was notified, and then he told them about the fertility treatment.  I used to administer drug tests.  If someone fails the first question asked is "would there be a reason for this to be in your system?"  For most people it would be a prescription.  

I won't guarantee that's what happened here but due to the careful wording I wouldn't be surprised.

Well clearly that is different. I was talking only in the terms of whether it is as Tate presents it. If the story is slightly different then my view is different. 

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don’t think it matters. He was supposed to clear it before he took it. 

4 hours ago, ALF said:

3 hours ago, eball said:

They have to uphold it.  There is no provision for a player "not knowing what was in it before he took it".

It is the responsibility of the player to understand everything that is in any exogenous substance he chooses to put into his body.  Tate knows this--they all do.  Can't blame "the doctor" (it won't sway the NFL).  All Tate had to do was, before he took this drug, bring the drug to the attention of the NFL and ask if there was anything in it that is banned.  It's as simple as that.

He has to sit 4 games for sheer stupidity alone.

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Sheppard should be back week one. However the Giants are down 2 projected starters in Tate and Coleman. 

Coleman would’ve been lucky to make the roster.  No way he’d start.  Okay.  It’s the Giants.  There’s no way he should be starting in the NFL.  But there is the matter of Sterling Shepard‘s broken thumb.  He might not be 100%.

As for the positive test.  He can make any excuses he wants, but they won’t impact his suspension.  The rules are clear.  

Edited by BarleyNY