Golden Tate out against us

Ben

If he was taking Clomid for “fertility” like Robert Mathis in 2014, it is a pretty well known as being part of a steroid cycle and has a long history of use in sports. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/02/sports/baseball/02roberts.html

So there is Clomid, the wonder drug that mitigates the feminizing side effects brought on by steroid use. Call it a physical masking agent.

A player experiencing a testosterone dry spell while on steroids will probably want to kick-start nature’s pump once his doping cycle ends.

So there is Clomid, the miracle preserve of manville. It’s not just for female ovulation anymore.

The fertility drug is so popular among male dopers that the former Mets batboy Kirk Radomski kept a stash of Clomid in his pantry of steroid staples for the stars, a juicy cache that was seized when federal agents raided his Long Island home on Dec. 14, 2005.

Clomid is the Alfred Hitchcock of drugs, with its profile in at least one scene of every baseball steroid saga. It is everywhere: in the 2003 grand jury testimony of Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi as reported by The San Francisco Chronicle, on confiscated doping calendars from Balco, in the pages of “Game of Shadows,” on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance inventory.

Im not sure he wins his appeal no matter what. I believe appeals process is more for turning over false positive tests. 

The NFL doesn’t really care why you took a banned substance. They say it’s the players responsibility to check the medications they take have no banned substances before they take them. 

Plus, it’s not like guys who get busted for PED’s usually straight up admit it. They usually have an excuse. So I can see why the NFL has a zero tolerance policy. 

Edited by BillsFan4

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Plus, it’s not like guys who get busted for PED’s usually straight up admit it. They usually have an excuse. So I can see why the NFL has a zero tolerance policy. 

I'm with you 100%.  You are paid millions to know what you put in your body.  As for this sentence, I don't know if anyone caught Taylor Lewan's video apology but it was hilariously bad.  Watch at 46 seconds where he can't maintain eye contact while lying followed up by a pause for "tears" because he is so emotional :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/28/2019 at 10:30 AM, Mr. WEO said:

They have to uphold it.  There is no provision for a player "not knowing what was in it before he took it".

It is the responsibility of the player to understand everything that is in any exogenous substance he chooses to put into his body.  Tate knows this--they all do.  Can't blame "the doctor" (it won't sway the NFL).  All Tate had to do was, before he took this drug, bring the drug to the attention of the NFL and ask if there was anything in it that is banned.  It's as simple as that.

He has to sit 4 games for sheer stupidity alone.

Yeah, good point.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:02 AM, MJS said:

So he took a banned substance. His suspension will hold for sure.

With the list of stuff they can't take being a mile long, why would they not check every single time they are about to try something new? Seems simple.

Its a cautionary tale to NFL players they should have that banned list and have their physicians check and double check that they will test clean before taking ANYTHING. If there were NO fertility enhancing drugs available that allow he to test cleanly then I'd say he has a valid issue with the NFL unless their rationale is football before family...Id like to see THAT defended in court oboi SMH

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, muppy said:

Its a cautionary tale to NFL players they should have that banned list and have their physicians check and double check that they will test clean before taking ANYTHING. If there were NO fertility enhancing drugs available that allow he to test cleanly then I'd say he has a valid issue with the NFL unless their rationale is football before family...Id like to see THAT defended in court oboi SMH

Its not like that. They would recommend that he find out ahead of time, and ask before he takes it, and then they can make that call behind the scenes. 

If they start giving in now, it’s opening up precedent for future appeals. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, muppy said:

He would need to go through the process of getting a drug approved if it is otherwise banned and the only option. I bet the NFL would try to make something work for him.

• Like (+1) 1

i thought i had heard that if any player wants to take a new medication, there is someone on every team that can be paged 24 hours a day to reference the med and see if anything is on the banned list.  i'm not sure if this is completely true, but if it is, there's no excuses.  

5 minutes ago, teef said:

i thought i had heard that if any player wants to take a new medication, there is someone on every team that can be paged 24 hours a day to reference the med and see if anything is on the banned list.  i'm not sure if this is completely true, but if it is, there's no excuses.  

There is. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, it takes guts to come out and say, "I was taking drugs because I can't make babies."  If he was just trying to cook up an excuse, I would think he could come up with a less embarrassing one.  It tends to make him more believable.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:04 PM, teef said:

Pagers still exist?