Golden Tate out against us

Ben

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL... The run defense is a serious concern.  They were gashed multiple times last year.  Oliver is a rookie. A lot will depend on Edmunds getting significanty better.  Needs to diagnose runs better and take better angles to the RB.  He is young so I am optimistic he can make a big leap.  He is still younger than most rookies.  

No question Edmunds needs to improve and I expect he will. But that has nothing to do with the Giants offense which should be the easiest defensive matchup of the season. Literally we can just sell out to stop the run.

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No question Edmunds needs to improve and I expect he will. But that has nothing to do with the Giants offense which should be the easiest defensive matchup of the season. Literally we can just sell out to stop the run.

Evan Engram is a legit threat. In that offense with no receiving options he's going to put up Kittle numbers this year.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he won

interesting article about it 

Why the NFL Had to Act Harshly in the Robert Mathis Case

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2068505-why-the-nfl-had-to-act-harshly-in-the-robert-mathis-case.amp.html

Oh, my ears and whiskers.
image.png.d10d83f033cc182a1aae99f64d2a7c19.png

Robert Mathis (4 game suspension): " Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season."

Edison Volquez (pitcher suspended 50 games):
Prior to the conclusion of last season, my wife and I sought medical advice in Cincinnati with the hope of starting a family… As part of my consultation with the physician, I received certain prescribed medications to treat my condition. As a follow up to our original consultation, my wife and I visited another physician in our home city in the Dominican Republic this past off-season. This physician also gave me certain prescribed medications as part of my treatment. Unfortunately, I now know that the medication the physician in the Dominican gave me is one that is often used to treat my condition, but is also a banned substance under Major League Baseball's drug policy. As a result, I tested positive when I reported to Spring Training.

Is there some freakin' "writing guide to emotional appealing excuses for taking banned substances" these guys are all sampling from?

Tate was in the league when Mathis was suspended - a rookie, in fact.  You would think the lightbulb might have flickered, if it's true.  In any case, as Mathis statement points out, a definitive read on the meds is just a phone call away.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Robert Mathis (4 game suspension): " Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season."

Prior to the conclusion of last season, my wife and I sought medical advice in Cincinnati with the hope of starting a family… As part of my consultation with the physician, I received certain prescribed medications to treat my condition. As a follow up to our original consultation, my wife and I visited another physician in our home city in the Dominican Republic this past off-season. This physician also gave me certain prescribed medications as part of my treatment. Unfortunately, I now know that the medication the physician in the Dominican gave me is one that is often used to treat my condition, but is also a banned substance under Major League Baseball's drug policy. As a result, I tested positive when I reported to Spring Training.

Is there some freakin' "writing guide to emotion excuses for taking banned substances" these guys are all sampling from?

Tate was in the league when Mathis was suspended - a rookie, in fact.  You would think the lightbulb might have flickered, if it's true.  In any case, as Mathis statement points out, a definitive read on the meds is just a phone call away.

I have no idea why these guys would not check and double check and triple check with the nfl on every single thing they take 

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is there some freakin' "writing guide to emotional appealing excuses for taking banned substances" these guys are all sampling from?

Odds are they didn't write it.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL... The run defense is a serious concern.  They were gashed multiple times last year.  Oliver is a rookie. A lot will depend on Edmunds getting significanty better.  Needs to diagnose runs better and take better angles to the RB.  He is young so I am optimistic he can make a big leap.  He is still younger than most rookies.  

Oh, Ethan.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Giants may very well be the worst team in football this year. It will be interesting to see if they pass on Tua and Herbert in 2020. Either way, Tate being out isn't really that big of a deal. All they really have is Ingram and Barkley. 

10 hours ago, Ben said:

Suspended 4 game KB might start against us?!

Golden Tate is an OL or does KB still think he can play WR.

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

NFL could take that into consideration and lower it by 2 games.  It still would help the Bills D.

Yes because Tate is Julio Jones or something.  I dont think Golden Tate strikes fear into the hearts of the #1 pass D in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Golden Tate is an OL or does KB still think he can play WR.

Yes because Tate is Julio Jones or something.  I dont think Golden Tate strikes fear into the hearts of the #1 pass D in the NFL.

agreed.  An easy game for our secondary just got even easier.

9 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

They signed him? I saw where the Giants were working him out but don't know if they officially signed him yet. If so, that's fine by me. Bills backfield should have a decent day against the Giants, hopefully anyways...

EDIT: Just saw in the KB thread that Giants are no longer interested it seems. Wow they are in a big mess at WR lol

He probably tripped over his own breasts on a go-route.?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Passaic?   Fort Lee?  Jesus...not Hoboken! 

Everything North of Philadelphia, south of Boston, West of Denver, East of London, North of Miami, South of Atlantic City, Northwest of Las Vegas, Southnorth from RIo.... Man... I really lost track of that... 

• Haha (+1) 1