Heck with Clowney. The situation I am watching is Jags

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'd rather Rosen start vs us. You never know which Fitz you'll get. Could be a 5 TD day or a 5 INT day.

Saw some guy say Fitzgibbons is a 20 sided die with only 1s and 20s. 

Rosen does not scare me. I would not want FitzGerald as backup QB to my young QB. Clearly the team will like Fitz more. He’s the best. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah based on his history, I can’t imagine RI doing something like that.  He’s a stand up guy. 

And the Jags won’t trade him but he would be awesome here.  I’d give up a 2nd.

Very few qbs get hotter than Fitz.  Unfortunately, very fewer can get colder.  Fitz has actually gotten better later in career.  He just doesn’t have the arm to do it consistently.  Love that guy though!

I love the dude as well, but you can't build a team around a guy that swings hot/cold as hard as he does. Man...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But doesn't it say something that I actually had to go check his gamelogs because I thought "could be both"  (turns out 4 TD, 4 INTs same game was his max)

I just remember how positive some of us felt "Finally!  A QB!" with Fitzpatrick after Trentative.   The OL looked instantly better; downfield passes were a thing again.

And then the awful realization that there was Good Fitz, and Bad Fitz, and Bad Fitz was always going to show at the most inopportune time.

The Dolphins will be his 3rd AFC East team to experience that progression

You also have to keep in mind that after having to watch Ryan Tannehill play these last several years I can understand how Fitz can SEEM to be a big improvement - at least at first...

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Clowney > Ngakoue for me. But if you could get Ngakoue without giving up a 1st (which you would have to to get Clowney) they he is certainly a significant upgrade on Trent and Shaq. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Apparently Ngakoue balked at a $17.5M/year deal. That's a lot of cap % to pay for ~10 sacks a year.

Ngakoue is not a 15+ Mil a year player. Very good player, not elite. I'd roll with a healthy Murphy and a contract motivated Shaq before I break the bank on a good to average player who was surrounded by several Pro Bowl/ Elite caliber players.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Saw some guy say Fitzgibbons is a 20 sided die with only 1s and 20s. 

Rosen does not scare me. I would not want FitzGerald as backup QB to my young QB. Clearly the team will like Fitz more. He’s the best. 

I kind of feel sorry for Rosen - a bit.  Must be tough to go from being a touted 1st round "QB of the Future" to the guy who's "just not as good" as a 14 year veteran who has failed to make good on starting opportunities with 4 different teams.

Someone here pointed out that a camp competition between a young QB you expect to develop and a veteran, is almost always a bad idea because the veteran will win every time.   He knows more about the offensive system, he knows how to learn the plays faster, how to diagnose the defense - and the things that make it hard to do on Sunday in the Fall, the contact, the pressure, the wear and tear on the body, just aren't there. 

So either Rosen is not in the Phins long term plans, or they're following a Bad Plan.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of feel sorry for Rosen - a bit.  Must be tough to go from being a touted 1st round "QB of the Future" to the guy who's "just not as good" as a 14 year veteran who has failed to make good on starting opportunities with 4 different teams.

Someone here pointed out that a camp competition between a young QB you expect to develop and a veteran, is almost always a bad idea because the veteran will win every time.   He knows more about the offensive system, he knows how to learn the plays faster, how to diagnose the defense - and the things that make it hard to do on Sunday in the Fall, the contact, the pressure, the wear and tear on the body, just aren't there. 

So either Rosen is not in the Phins long term plans, or they're following a Bad Plan.

If I was a Fins offensive player I’d rather go 6-10 with Fitz than 4-12 with Rosen. That will infuriate the fans and make the coach and GM mental. Glad it’s not our issue. Barkley is an ideal backup. 

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yannick will always be remembered for me as the guy who claimed Richie Incognito called him a racial slur.  

When asked what the slur was, Yannick responded “I can’t remember.”

I love when people win threads with the first response. Done. Nothing else to see here.

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ngakoue is not a 15+ Mil a year player. Very good player, not elite. I'd roll with a healthy Murphy and a contract motivated Shaq before I break the bank on a good to average player who was surrounded by several Pro Bowl/ Elite caliber players.

He is a much better pass rusher than Murphy and Shaq. And I am not his biggest fan. 

On 7/27/2019 at 11:45 AM, BullBuchanan said:

Apparently Ngakoue balked at a $17.5M/year deal. That's a lot of cap % to pay for ~10 sacks a year.

The money isn't an issue for the Bills there is enough left in the 2019 cap to absorb a big contract and a lot of space still to come in 2020 (and fat that can be cut in 2020 to make additional space. )

But to give up significant draft capital (I think it would take a 2nd and a 4th in 2020 at minimum) and take on a big contract for a really good but possibly not elite player is usually a move that backfires.

I think a trade for Kyle Rudolph at a much more modest price if this team is really looking to add one more piece to the roster before the season starts. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a much better pass rusher than Murphy and Shaq. And I am not his biggest fan. 

Is he $15 million better? How will his performance be effected without Dareus, Campbell, Jack, Smith and Ramsey? I'd think Shaq and Trent would probably put up better numbers as well in that line up. Apple's to Apple's you are correct, he is marginally better than Trent and markedly better than Shaq as a pass rusher.