Heck with Clowney. The situation I am watching is Jags

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's all that matters to me. heated competition is going to bring on some jawing and smack talk. 

He gets overlooked because he was a third round pick and plays in Jax

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Nice take Maj and prefer the same.  Clooney would be better against the run, but pressure goes to the Jax player.  They probably will both get signed or accept their last year or tag respectively of each player.  

Im not so sure about that...

07EF06ED-736D-44F9-8980-C9146D1D8E15.jpeg

?

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yannick will always be remembered for me as the guy who claimed Richie Incognito called him a racial slur.  

When asked what the slur was, Yannick responded “I can’t remember.”

yea, i dont quire remember it that way..it was more we will keep between us players

I would challenge you to find that quote

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have been saying this for a while. Jags have a ton of capital in that Dline and Drafting the lesser Josh Allen makes it hard to imagine them dropping the coin on the guy whose name I can't spell. 

2nd and 4th next year, then give him the cash. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I have been saying this for a while. Jags have a ton of capital in that Dline and Drafting the lesser Josh Allen makes it hard to imagine them dropping the coin on the guy whose name I can't spell. 

2nd and 4th next year, then give him the cash. 

For the 1st time since Brandon arrived, we don’t have expendable Draft capital. While that’s what would have to be part of acquiring Yannick, it spells trading current ‘currency’ to restock picks. Brandon LOVES him some Draft!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think Beane will be looking to spend draft picks or cash on a FA at this point.  There would have to be a real team transforming player available.  I don't think this guy or Clowney fit that description.  I believe that Beane thinks he has his starters on the roster and that any future moves will be made to improve the depth and special teams at a reasonable cost.

I'd rather just continue to draft well, Beane seems like he has an eye for talent when it comes to drafting (or the right scouts helping him) so instead of giving up the farm and having to pay out the ass for this guy and I agree is a stud DL but I'd rather continue drafting and developing. That's how you build a championship team imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the 1st time since Brandon arrived, we don’t have expendable Draft capital. While that’s what would have to be part of acquiring Yannick, it spells trading current ‘currency’ to restock picks. Brandon LOVES him some Draft!

I get that balance, but I don't see anyone on our roster whose a shoe in for 10+ sacks. I don't know, if you put 12 sacks across from Hughes, with Oliver and the rest of the crew, it's hard not to see this as the Defense to beat in the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And how they are dealing with the holdout of Yannick Ngakoue. If THAT turns bad (and could with Marrone and Coughlin) Yannick is the DE I would give up assets and big contract for. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/yannickngakoue/2555421/profile

Ngakoue is a difference maker, no doubt.

A bit off the topic, but is anyone else amused by some of the Dolphins training camp coverage?  They're positively glowing and drooling over Ryan Fitzpatrick.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A bit off the topic, but is anyone else amused by some of the Dolphins training camp coverage?  They're positively glowing and drooling over Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I'd rather Rosen start vs us. You never know which Fitz you'll get. Could be a 5 TD day or a 5 INT day.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'd rather Rosen start vs us. You never know which Fitz you'll get. Could be a 5 TD day or a 5 INT day.

But doesn't it say something that I actually had to go check his gamelogs because I thought "could be both"  (turns out 4 TD, 4 INTs same game was his max)

I just remember how positive some of us felt "Finally!  A QB!" with Fitzpatrick after Trentative.   The OL looked instantly better; downfield passes were a thing again.

And then the awful realization that there was Good Fitz, and Bad Fitz, and Bad Fitz was always going to show at the most inopportune time.

The Dolphins will be his 3rd AFC East team to experience that progression

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But doesn't it say something that I actually had to go check his gamelogs because I thought "could be both"  (turns out 4 TD, 4 INTs same game was his max)

I just remember how positive some of us felt "Finally!  A QB!" with Fitzpatrick after Trentative.   The OL looked instantly better; downfield passes were a thing again.

And then the awful realization that there was Good Fitz, and Bad Fitz, and Bad Fitz was always going to show at the most inopportune time.

The Dolphins will be his 3rd AFC East team to experience that progression

Absolutely. I feel ya. I think Fitz is a great backup to have, though, because he can come in and win games. He's not what you want in a starter because of his inconsistency, but he can ball out from game to game.

He's like the opposite of clutch, though. You can count on him to throw a pick when the game is on the line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yannick will always be remembered for me as the guy who claimed Richie Incognito called him a racial slur.  

When asked what the slur was, Yannick responded “I can’t remember.”

Yeah based on his history, I can’t imagine RI doing something like that.  He’s a stand up guy. 

And the Jags won’t trade him but he would be awesome here.  I’d give up a 2nd.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Very few qbs get hotter than Fitz.  Unfortunately, very fewer can get colder.  Fitz has actually gotten better later in career.  He just doesn’t have the arm to do it consistently.  Love that guy though!

• Like (+1) 2