Bills Training Camp: Day 3 - 7/27

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

As an advocate of the Bills investing more into the TE position for years, I get what you are saying. Just taking the glass half-full position of being able to get more starting reps for that Boston kid who I don't think is all that bad of a player. That, and Daboll likes to feature a lot of 2-TE sets so this can build into having two young TE's becoming long term starters for us down the road.

Will hit the pause on the panic button till we learn more about why Knox came up gimpy and how long they feel he has to rest it - may only be a week or so kind of deal so we will see what OBD comes out with in their next presser.

I'd rather it be an ankle vs a hammy though. Hamstring is so easy to reinjure. You can feel completely fine and not even realize that your hamstring still needs more time to heal, then reinjure it. It's also usually injured from fatigue, so you can go full tilt for half of practice and think you are good to go, but then reinjure it. Just a really tough injury to know how to deal with for the player, so he has to be sure to listen to the medical staff.

I'm LOVIN that the defense is going against legit wideouts and offensive line this year in practices. For all their talent last year I wondered if they lost a bit of edge because their in-house competition wasn't up to par...now every day is a battle. Everybody has to stay sharp

• Like (+1) 1

Training camp is one of those strange things. On one hand if your defense plays great, you worry about your offense, but if the offense plays great you worry about the defense. I think what we shoukd start to see is good and bad days for both sides

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'd rather it be an ankle vs a hammy though. Hamstring is so easy to reinjure. You can feel completely fine and not even realize that your hamstring still needs more time to heal, then reinjure it. It's also usually injured from fatigue, so you can go full tilt for half of practice and think you are good to go, but then reinjure it. Just a really tough injury to know how to deal with for the player, so he has to be sure to listen to the medical staff.

Totally this. I hate the hamstring and groin injuries. They are so damn hard to fully shake without just full rest. Two TEs with hamstrings and one already out on significant time sucks. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Training camp is one of those strange things. On one hand if your defense plays great, you worry about your offense, but if the offense plays great you worry about the defense. I think what we shoukd start to see is good and bad days for both sides

The traditional thinking is the offense is way behind the defense early in training camp because offense is predicated on timing for many moving parts and it takes time together to establish that.

If that is true, the offense is going to be a helluva lot better this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Got live training camp on NFL Network while following this. They’re @ the Pats* but go around the League. Bills STILL haven’t been shown... BASTARDS!

Why should you be surprised?  Even some "Bills" fans on this board who never pass chance to kick the Bills are interested in that team.

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Listening to Jerry Sullivan show from Friday, whining about how well camp is going, no controversies, no selfishness, whaaa. Jerry's gotta Jerry. I guess when your whole game is harping on the negative, this team is a famine right now.

The sound of one hand clapping...

Spring 2019 Nielsen Audio Quarterly Report (Updated: 07-19-19)
12+ Population: 983,500 (Black: 120,000) (Hispanic: 43,900) 
Surveyed: Continuously

Station Sum 18 Fall 18 Win 19 Spr 19 Format Owner
WYRK-FM 10.1 9.2 8.4 9.5 Country Townsquare Media
WBLK-FM 11.0 11.0 10.3 9.0 Urban Townsquare Media
WBEN-AM 8.2 8.3 9.7 8.2 News/Talk Entercom
WGRF-FM 9.0 5.5 4.6 8.1 Classic Rock Cumulus Media
WHTT-FM 6.1 6.1 6.0 6.7 Classic Hits Cumulus Media
WTSS-FM 4.8 5.5 4.6 5.0 Hot AC Entercom
WKSE-FM 4.9 4.6 4.6 4.9 CHR Entercom
WMSX-FM 3.0 3.7 4.3 4.2 AC Townsquare Media
WEDG-FM 3.2 3.8 3.2 3.6 Active Rock Cumulus Media
WBFO-FM N/A 3.8 3.9 3.5 News/Talk Western New York Public Broadcasting Ass
WGR-AM 4.2 6.6 4.9 3.5 Sports Entercom
WECK-AM 3.0 2.3 2.7 2.9 Oldies Radio One Buffalo
WBUF-FM 2.7 2.4 3.0 2.8 Adult Hits Townsquare Media
WNED-FM N/A 2.1 2.9 2.4 Classical Western New York Public Broadcasting Ass
WLKK-FM 1.5 0.9 1.3 1.5 Alternative Entercom
WWWS-AM 0.9 1.3 0.7 0.9 Rhythmic Oldies Entercom
WWKB-AM 0.5 0.5 0.4 0.3 All Sports Entercom
WHLD-AM N/A 0.1 N/A 0.2 All Sports Cumulus Media

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I liked the pick last year and I loved "The Concept of Ray Ray Ray McCloud" but he was flat out lousy. McKittrick filled in for that concept and often did a damn decent job of it, particularly on the jet sweeps and short passes. We could use a jackrabbit of all trades like that as opposed to a 6th WR who is likely not going to get on the field. Hopefully the light came on for him.

There was an article this offseason where he said he got hurt at the beginning of the year last year and never really got up to full strength - said he is bigger/stronger this year

• Thank you (+1) 1

So I checked out training camp today. 

First, I hate training camp. Half these dudes out there are already limping. These injuries will pile up quickly. Baffles me every year how these guys are professional athletes and within a week of practice, they are walking like their 80 years old. 

Second, I think Allen’s media reports of him having a great day are being blown out of proportion. The kid could always throw when he has no zero pressure of him. That’s really all you seen today. He would have been sacked on a lot of his great plays. Some of these throws were 5 secs in the pocket.  He is still not throwing with anticipation or thinking quick enough.  Now is the time to be getting better at that even if it means incompletions.  I’m hoping it gets better as camp goes on, but he hasn’t been good with those things since freshman year in college. Not sure he will ever get it. 

Third, the o line they are rolling out is not the best they can do. Ford is a guard, not a tackle. He was getting burned on the outside of him all day. He’s not quick enough.  They need to get a Ty or Waddell in at RT ASAP.  Spain is really frickin good and Dawkins looks good with a good guard next to him.  Even with the additional o line players brought in, I think we will struggle to find 8 good ones. Teller is a disaster. Wish Sirles was healthy 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How can you be a mod and not know who McKittrick is? ;)

Great player.  Explosive guy who likes chocolate stouts.

McKenize is now McKittrick forevermore. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

My observations from this morning’s practice....

1. John Brown was the most impressive player on offense — he has all kinds of quickness and made an absolutely ridiculous adjustment on a deep throw.

2. Cole Beasley absolutely humiliated Kevin Johnson on a zig route — faked him out of his shoes for a quick completion.

3. Roberts Foster — if he is not a starter — we are going to be playing with a lot of three and four wide receiver sets — he was impressive all day.

4. Josh Allen has amazing touch and accuracy on deep throws. His short stuff is another story — not sure how to correct that — but he struggled with those again today.

5. Devin Singletary is going to be a STUD. He is so small and gets lost in the scrum — but then emerges and is off to the races. I think we see a healthy dose of him this season — even with Shady.

6. Contrary to reports I have seen today — Levi Wallace impressed me a lot. I think he is not giving his starting CB job up without a real fight. He looked good in the 1/1 contested drill against John Brown.

7. Love the presence of Line Coach Bobby Johnson — I think he is a real upgrade.

8. Tyree Jackson has a ways to go to be a pro QB — I think practice squad is his future. He struggled holding the ball too long and not seeing the play.

9. Our starting OLine (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Feliciano, Ford....as well as Long and Nyseke) looks legit — they are also some big dudes. NIGHT and DAY difference from last year in camp — when I also noticed they looked putrid.

10. Tre White wins the award for having the best time out on the field — he is constantly dancing, yapping out there — he is so much fun to watch. I think he is a lot of fun. Also closest personality we have to the likes of Antonio Brown, OBJ etc....

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 4