I met Josh’s Mom and GF last night

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Pittsford Pub/Jojo's perhaps? And I decided to go to the Basin Pub last night. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!

[srsly? -mod]

...LOL....yup those are the closest venues to TC......but the Basin Pub is also a nice spot.....MANY years ago, we were having dinner at Black & Blue after the company Executive Board meeting (TC was in session)...went out for a smoke and met Tom "Terrific" Donohoe......very cordial, engaging and eager to discuss the Bills...."we like what we've done with our football team"....LOL...little did I know that I was talking to an "egotistical control freak wolf" in sheep's clothing.............

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Could have been such a better story!!! ?

Dear Penthouse,

I met the mother and girlfriend of my favorite team's QB. You wouldn't believe what happened next...

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL....yup those are the closest venues to TC......but the Basin Pub is also a nice spot.....MANY years ago, we were having dinner at Black & Blue after the company Executive Board meeting (TC was in session)...went out for a smoke and met Tom "Terrific" Donohoe......very cordial, engaging and eager to discuss the Bills...."we like what we've done with our football team"....LOL...little did I know that I was talking to an "egotistical control freak wolf" in sheep's clothing.............

They don't call him Hollywood Donahoe for nothin, lol

20 hours ago, BillsGuru4 said:

His GF is his high school sweetheart and she still blushes talking about him. It was a very cool convo.

Wonder how they met. She went to high school about an hour away from his. I know he was involved in a lot of sports stuff that brought him down to the Fresno area though. 

21 hours ago, BillsGuru4 said:

I went out for a few last night in Pittsford and noticed Josh Allens Mom and Girlfriend having some red wine at the outside bar. I didn’t want to be an annoying fanboy, but wanted to say hi and briefly let them know how big of a fan I was of the pick, and how the whole Bills community now loves him. We ended up chatting for 30 minutes. They are two of the nicest people I’ve ever met. They even found me an hour later to say goodbye. The reason for this post is to solidify what a great guy he is and the wonderful people around him that helped form him into this. His GF is his high school sweetheart and she still blushes talking about him. It was a very cool convo.

So whats Chris Simms like??

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Ralph was dressed up like Donahoe??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't know which is worse...admitting that you would recognize Allen's mom and gf at some establishment, or recognizing them, and then going over and striking up a conversation with them.

lol

You can not get to BillsGuru level 4 without recognizing players significant others and parents.  Once he gets to be BillsGuru5 he will recognize cousins and former high school teachers as well. These titles are not handed out lightly.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't know which is worse...admitting that you would recognize Allen's mom and gf at some establishment, or recognizing them, and then going over and striking up a conversation with them.

lol

I know fans mean well but you gotta' leave players and their families alone when they are out in a restaurant or shopping etc..    Even if they seem cool with it they might not be.   And unlike in the old days they can't just brush off fans in public because the story ends up on twitter, instagram and twobillsdrive.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

lol

I agree... had to be a bit weird for them. I'm sure they think it comes with the territorty to some extent, but I wouldn't recognize one Bills player's mom, gf, or wife.

I'm normal though.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree... had to be a bit weird for them. I'm sure they think it comes with the territorty to some extent, but I wouldn't recognize one Bills player's mom, gf, or wife.

I'm normal though.

? Compared to What?

BrittWill has 245,000+ Instagram followers -including every former & current Bill with an account. She didn’t get that for being HS Prom Queen. She’s quickly becoming as recognizable in WNY as Kim Pegula. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

lol

I would go with the "give players and family space when they're out at a restaurant" idea myself, but I would recognize Josh Allen's GF.  She does have almost 300,000 instagram followers.  Then there's JA's mom with the "Mafia Mama" jersey thing, that got attention.

Don't want to be recognized in public?  Don't create and feed a public social media presence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve really never ‘been there’, but I think it would be cool/ego sating to be recognized for having a hugely popular relative -as long as respect was immediately shown. I’d have no qualms about walking up near them and saying ‘Love yer Boy!, ladies', with a tip of the cap then keep moving on. On a much smaller scale, my Son is a popular SE pro wrestler and occasionally some of his fans will say the same thing to me. I buy them a beer -but Don’t let that get around!..

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve really never ‘been there’, but I think it would be cool/ego sating to be recognized for having a hugely popular relative -as long as respect was immediately shown. I’d have no qualms about walking up near them and saying ‘Love yer Boy!, ladies', with a tip of the cap then keep moving on. On a much smaller scale, my Son is a popular SE pro wrestler and occasionally some of his fans will say the same thing to me. I buy them a beer -but Don’t let that get around!..

I think it's probably way cool - until it isn't.  IOW if it gets to a level where you can never go out in public and enjoy a beverage or a meal without being mobbed by fans. 

I think the unexplored piece in the above is.....how did your son's fans recognize YOU?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

lol

As long as you don’t post about it online, it’s not that bad.