I hope Lorenzo Alexander learned his lesson.

Since we play the Jets week one I want to remind the forum about Le'Veon Bell record setting performance against the BILLS when he played for the Steelers.

My man Brett Kollmann post a video about Bell patient running style and why it works and how you stop it. It includes video about what the Bills did wrong on that day along with what they did right to stop him at the end though it was too late. Lorenzo Alexander was on the field that day so hopefully he can pass along what work toward the end of that game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rex Ryan was the head coach and Rob Ryan the D-coordinator.  Any question as to how Bell ran all over us?  I can't blame Alexander or any member of the D (past or present) for that disgusting defensive performance.  The team QUIT on Rex and Rob by that point in the season.

Jay Ajayi rushed for well over 400 yards in two games that season too.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Since we play the Jets week one I want to remind the forum about Le'Veon Bell record setting performance against the BILLS when he played for the Steelers.

My man Brett Kollmann post a video about Bell patient running style and why it works and how you stop it. It includes video about what the Bills did wrong on that day along with what they did right to stop him at the end though it was too late. Lorenzo Alexander was on the field that day so hopefully he can pass along what work toward the end of that game. 

Thanks for the clip but like others have said that was Pittsburg firing on all cylinders.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for the clip but like others have said that was Pittsburg firing on all cylinders.

Like Brett said its not about the Pittsburgh  OL. Its about the defense not being patient.

42 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Alexander may have been on the field, but Edmunds wasn't. I bet TE is all over him week 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Rex Ryan was the head coach and Rob Ryan the D-coordinator.  Any question as to how Bell ran all over us?  I can't blame Alexander or any member of the D (past or present) for that disgusting defensive performance.  The team QUIT on Rex and Rob by that point in the season.

Rob wasn't the D coordinator 

Linebackers coach

But still

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Like Brett said its not about the Pittsburgh  OL. Its about the defense not being patient.

But he was behind the Pittsburg line.

I will go out on a limb and say Bell gets no where near 2,000 yards from scrimmage this year.

We will find out soon.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

I'm not a ryan fan at all, but quitting on a coach is indefensible as a professional. Players deserve blame too, I like Lorenzo but he was awful that day.

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not a ryan fan at all, but quitting on a coach is indefensible as a professional. Players deserve blame too, I like Lorenzo but he was awful that day.

There was plenty of blame to go around that season.  The D was horrible under Ryan.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Steptide said:

100 bucks bell isn't nearly as good as he was 2 years ago 

Safe bet, as the Jets don’t have the Steelers OLine! 

Bell may be his own worst enemy. He got stubborn, left $14 million on the table (that he will NEVER get back!), and walked into a worse offensive situation with a more aggressive media. Good luck with that.......but you proved your point! Wait, what was that point again? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Since we have quite a different cast across the defense, a different HC and DC, and a different scheme, I think I'll wait and see before we put it on Lorax

In fact, we may have problems against the run, we may not have problems against the run, and if we do have problems against the run Lorax is likely to be down the list a pace...not to absolve him of fault, just sayin'

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Yes you can be a patient runner when you have a great OL in front of you , lets see how he runs behind jets OL 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Safe bet, as the Jets don’t have the Steelers OLine! 

Again I thought it was about the OL and that still may be true BUT if the defense does not maintain their gap assignments it will not matter. Case in point what about the 220 yards rushing gave up to the COLTS or the 226 we gave up the Jags or the 273 yards we gave up to the PATS all in 2018. Do you want me to keep going?

Edited by Protocal69