KB finally gets a workout

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

PTR...they really gave Manning a undeserved screwing...and it was unnecessary.

It's over for Eli, especially with the team Gettleman frittered away. The most merciful thing they could do for him is let him walk away with his dignity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bills11 said:

This guy needs to switch to tight end..can't keep his weight down anyways gets 0 seperation as a wide out .

What about Kelvin Benjamin's time with the Bills makes you think he could play TE?  If he's a pass catching TE, he needs to catch passes.  If he's not, he needs to make physical contact with defenders.  IIRC, he does neither.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Suspended for what, have any more info.

The rumor is drugs, but I haven't seen anyone super reputable reporting it. Just some whispers from some of the less reputable types like IncarceratedBob.

• Like (+1) 2

There are likely fans in the stands that are faster, more motivated and can pick up the playbook faster.  

When I saw him drop those touchdown passes in KC just like he did in Buffalo, I knew his career was toast.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I expect Eli Manning to retire at halftime in the opener.

He's too classy..remember his comments after they won the bowl?.His family blood line doesn't allow him to be OBJ like.

Edited by Misterbluesky

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's too classy..remember his comments after they won the bowl?.His family blood line doesn't allow him to be OBJ like.

The same family bloodline that cried and pouted their way out of Eli playing in San Diego?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's a logical move for them to at least give him a look-see.  If he shows up fit and goes hard, it wouldn't be the first time a high draft pick who under-performed "got motivated" by  realizing, after time away, that he really does love the game and he's willing to do what it takes to get another shot.

My personal read on Benjamin is, after getting guaranteed $8.5M last year, his motivation evaporated.

43 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The same family bloodline that cried and pouted their way out of Eli playing in San Diego?

The same family bloodline that had its star member tea-bag a female trainer and successfully not only, so to speak, stuffed it, but later "spun" it in a published book and trashed her career when it seemed pretty gratuitous to do so

Seriously, I do think there's a significant difference between saying "Not gonna sign a contract to play there" (Eli) and making that clear from the start, vs. making a commitment (and signing a contract) then quitting halfway through a game (Davis).  YMMV and all that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a logical move for them to at least give him a look-see.  If he shows up fit and goes hard, it wouldn't be the first time a high draft pick who under-performed "got motivated" by  realizing, after time away the paychecks stop, that he really does love the game and he's willing to do what it takes to get another shot.

My personal read on Benjamin is, after getting guaranteed $8.5M last year, his motivation evaporated.

fixed that for you

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The wording on that tweet is way too appropriate...

Moo

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

fixed that for you

I understand your POV, but seriously...the guy got paid $15.9M for 5 seasons.  I think the most he's likely to get offered is 2x vet minimum, with incentives so for a 6 year player....maybe $1.6M?  Unless he squandered his money or had it stolen by investment advisors, how motivating is adding 10% to your net worth?  You can add 3% with Kasasa or a CD and not have to study playbooks, run gassers, and get slammed into the Astroturf by behemoths.

If he didn't want the $9M size paychecks to stop, he shoulda given max effort in B'lo and KC.  Instead he slacked to the point where casual fans noticed.

• Like (+1) 1