Astro Notes: Bills Practice 2 (7/26)

Excellent Camp report. More insights, O & D formations we haven’t seen before and heavier on the Defense. Is it safe to say at this early stage that we’re down to 4 of 5 OL who’ll be our starters? Spain is as oft mentioned as Dawkins, Mitch & Cody. Actual position tbd. Appears there’s no ill effect with Milano’s ankle and Tremaine is going to break out. Extremely encouraging.

• Like (+1) 2

Another great detailed breakdown. Sounds like we can expect a lot of Allen to Brown and Beasley this season. I imagine if defenses try and focus on those two [Brown and Beasley] it will leave Jones, Foster and others open. I'm interested in seeing what Gore can bring to the offense as well as seeing Singletary in action. Another thing I noticed from Astro's notes is that Allen/Daboll are focusing on the area of the field between the LB's and the safeties, which is music to my ears. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Another great detailed breakdown. Sounds like we can expect a lot of Allen to Brown and Beasley this season. I imagine if defenses try and focus on those two [Brown and Beasley] it will leave Jones, Foster and others open. I'm interested in seeing what Gore can bring to the offense as well as seeing Singletary in action. Another thing I noticed from Astro's notes is that Allen/Daboll are focusing on the area of the field between the LB's and the safeties, which is music to my ears. 

An area which should be vacated by chasing Brown & Foster deeper

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Thad Brown got after Josh Allen pretty good. Through two days not so good. 

He called Ford a bust a month ago because of some "" film" he watched.

I was happy to see Murphy take him on man to man..he shut him up while Steve was playing with his golf clubs.

Some people complain about Chris Brown because he's bold..but he's at obd/SJF when other people left the building.

He's Rochester's problem..I hope Josh Reed cuts off ties with him for the WIVB Sunday morning pre game show...he's nothing but a new Jerry Sullivan.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Huh?

I dont recall any snark from him in past write ups. Typically Astro writes from a birdseye view of what is happening sprinkled in with a few corny side bars.  His first two reports read (to me anyhow) more of a negative side (ie "entitled kids" or "Moral: If you suck, just make sure you at least stand out"). Anyhow....go Bills!!

Edited by aceman_16

15 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I dont recall any snark from him in past write ups. Typically Astro writes from a birdseye view of what is happening sprinkled in with a few corny side bars.  His first two reports read (to me anyhow) more of a negative side (ie "entitled kids" or "Moral: If you suck, just make sure you at least stand out"). Anyhow....go Bills!!

Fair enough.  The "Entitled Kids" does seem to be becoming a theme...I believe he has grandkids, I wondered if he tried and failed to get them into that area? and does come across as bitter.

The "snark" I guess I kind of like; he's always done sterling work for us fans who can't make it to camp to get a sense of what it's like being there, but it sometimes came across as a bit too uniformly positive.  This is a new (to me) side of Dean that I'm finding a bit entertaining.

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Thad Brown got after Josh Allen pretty good. Through two days not so good. 

Linky?

Edit: This guy?  Seems mixed, though he does seem a bit focused on negative plays and omitting some of the positive plays others have called out
image.thumb.png.d4962a35a04a3e1b28da097ceb9ce9a4.png