The good news about Kyle Peko's wife

TigerJ

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Prognosis is good had tumor removed in late June from bladder stage 3, no sign of spread.  Chemo to make sure.  Went KoJack for first time in my life.  Thank God I am Union and get disability etc.

I have been Kojak due to heredity for close to 20 years....God only made so many perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair....All the power of healing vibes coming your way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Prognosis is good had tumor removed in late June from bladder stage 3, no sign of spread.  Chemo to make sure.  Went KoJack for first time in my life.  Thank God I am Union and get disability etc.

...great news!.......keep up the fight my friend.......lost my brother-in-law to it but he was stage IV and had bladder removed...cells permeated abdominal lymph nodes and fought major infections....another good friend of mine was diagnosed as Stage III and had the DaVinci surgery where they created a bladder out of his intestine....10 YEARS cancer free...my mother was diagnosed as Stage II at age 90......surgery to remove tumor and radiation, eventually diagnosed as cancer free (too old for chemo)....but cells escaped into the pelvic region and caused her death...a woman I work with had her brother diagnosed as Stage I....they did the surgery and actually inject TB cells into the bladder for Stage I or less...for some reason, tuberculous cells attack and destroy the cancer..2 years free......plenty of success stories out there...fight the fight and be strong bud......:thumbsup:..

• Like (+1) 1

My tumor was 3 cm small, but in a diverticulum in my bladder, wall is thin, so though encapsulated, perforated muscle wall, stage 3. They removed the diverticulum.  Chemo to kill any potential spread into lymph nodes.  Chemo called MVAC.  Turns out chemo was developed from Mustard gas... dirty little post WW11 psycho scientists.  Each letter stand for a different type. Still learning about it but man is it nasty... kills Cancer though.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

My tumor was 3 cm small, but in a diverticulum in my bladder, wall is thin, so though encapsulated, perforated muscle wall, stage 3. They removed the diverticulum.  Chemo to kill any potential spread into lymph nodes.  Chemo called MVAC.  Turns out chemo was developed from Mustard gas... dirty little post WW11 psycho scientists.  Each letter stand for a different type. Still learning about it but man is it nasty... kills Cancer though.

...critical step is to stop cells from permeating the bladder wall because it can be aggressive and spread.....from your description, it sounds like all things are positive...Godspeed to cancer free...:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Tiger and Ms. Peko, I mentioned before I lost my mom but Dad beat it now three times and he is 89.  Tough old bird from South Buffalo.  He doesn’t even let it get to him.  He was appreciative for the last colon cancer resection was worried about my sisters mothering to death so I flew up without the kids and took care of him.  

Get this for a tough Irishman.  He lied to the colon surgeon he had a bowel movement when he didn’t to get out of the hospital in 24 hours when expected to be there for four days.  He set up a rope before the surgery on his bed frame to get out of bed so he wouldn’t ask for my help.  He loved I didn’t mother him but took care of him.  He is so tough as an old athlete he pulled himself out of bed at the first night to use the restroom which was stupid, because he hates help.

im not trying to brag about my dad, but more-so he is from a generation that stands on their own two feet now matter how tough it was for him through chemo and radiation.  I say Our Fathers every night for you and you’re family as anyone who has faith should so we save another life.  God does answer sometimes.  I know sometimes tHe answer is no, but worth it.

God bless both of you.  Sorry to get all religious, but cancer sucks.  It is emotional for a lot of us on this board.  Keep us posted both of you..

• Like (+1) 1

My best to my friends here on the site and to Mrs. Peko.  Fight the good fight .  I have a procedure in the morning to remove a big squamous cell carcinoma from my forehead and was feeling a little sorry for myself.  Reading the comments here bring it back into perspective.

• Like (+1) 1