Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, I don't know if they liked Teller at all, given how much they put in the OL. I think Spain is a shoe in to start, and either Feliciano or Long at the other guard spot. Long also has skills at Center which increases his value. 

But Spain, Feliciano & Long don't exactly have long term deals and they are veterans.

They should be ahead of Teller.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

How is Sills V looking can't find much about him today...

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I think that’s your answer. Saw a few tweets that he’s not getting a lot of looks and would be a long shot to crack the roster based on how the coaches are not using him. 

Let's wait and see. Long way to go.

Besides, I haven't heard a thing about players like VoSean Joseph, Maurice Alexander or Daryl Johnson. Doesn't mean they aren't making the team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sills has not  played with starters, and that's where everybody is focusing their attention.  We're not hearing much of anything about Boldin, McKenzie, or Duke Willliams either, because it is Matt Barkley or Tyree Jackson who are throwing the ball to them.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Interesting thing Jeremy White has brought up.  He's talking about the McCoy rumors.  A texter brought up getting rid of McCoy and going with Singletary.

He didn't agree with it but didn't bring up a point.

McCoy isn't in the embedded series other than Allen bantering him for spoiling the Avengers movie, he hasn't met with the media much in the offseason and Beane's comments this morning.  Basically Beane just said "when the ball roles out, McCoy will get the first rep".  Sounds like Beane left the door open and didn't fully commit to McCoy?

There is competition at every spot on the team.  This will make the team better and add in depth.

57 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Sills has not  played with starters, and that's where everybody is focusing their attention.  We're not hearing much of anything about Boldin, McKenzie, or Duke Willliams either, because it is Matt Barkley or Tyree Jackson who are throwing the ball to them.

Fair point, but barring injuries (avert!) or other unforseen circumstances, it seems pretty likely that the guys who make the team are the ones who are playing with the first team, or rotating in with the first team eg, Beasley, Brown, Jones, Foster, Roberts (the ones getting most of the reps).  McKensie has made some appearances with the 1s. 

Sal Capaccio reported that he had not seen Victor Bolden, David Sills, Duke Williams, Cam Phillips, and Nick Easley rotate in with the 1's at all, so unless they suddenly take a step, someone is injured, or one of the first-team guys takes a step back when the pads go on, it seems fairly likely the best 1-2 of the second- or third- team guys might make practice squad but they're unlikely to make the 53.

59 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I’m not going to worry about a rookie DL not playing in pads on day 2 of camp...based on a single report, which by the way is not a “lotta talk.”

You are missing out on a fantastic opportunity to go into a panic and downright tizzy! What kind of fan are you?   ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you link or indicate where to find some of this talk?

I think I'll wait until the pads go on to evaluate.

It was definitely mentioned on OBL by Tasker, I think. Maybe they had 'Zo on at the time? I didn't catch Tasker's citation for the observation, if it came from him personally or from talking to others. Paraphrase from memory: The Bills have some big, wide NFL bodies on the interior O-line, and Oliver has had some difficulty getting around them at times.

That's where I heard "this talk" earlier today...

6 hours ago, stony said:

Seems like a cool dude. Quick side note, my firm did some work for the owner of the building he lives in here in Buffalo. I was in his apartment unit, and let’s just say as a fellow wine enthusiast myself, his wine game is very respectable. 

Specifics? As someone who pours mucho vino for the PSE organization and teams, I'm always interested in what they (top to bottom) get turned onto for wine.

LaFontaine, for example, was a big Bordeaux guy (which made for an interesting dynamic with Terry Pegula, who knows his Left Bank chateaus).

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair point, but barring injuries (avert!) or other unforseen circumstances, it seems pretty likely that the guys who make the team are the ones who are playing with the first team, or rotating in with the first team eg, Beasley, Brown, Jones, Foster, Roberts (the ones getting most of the reps).  McKensie has made some appearances with the 1s. 

Sal Capaccio reported that he had not seen Victor Bolden, David Sills, Duke Williams, Cam Phillips, and Nick Easley rotate in with the 1's at all, so unless they suddenly take a step, someone is injured, or one of the first-team guys takes a step back when the pads go on, it seems fairly likely the best 1-2 of the second- or third- team guys might make practice squad but they're unlikely to make the 53.

I think most of us figured that  Brown, Jones, Foster & Beasley were locks to make the final roster. Andre Roberts as well due to his kick returning abilities. Although I was not expecting Roberts to be getting such significant time with the 1's.

After those players, the remaining roster spot(s) were up for grabs, which is not surprising. Dhaquille Williams, Sills & Easley could end up getting a spot over McKenzie, Phillips or McCloud.

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It was definitely mentioned on OBL by Tasker, I think. Maybe they had 'Zo on at the time? I didn't catch Tasker's citation for the observation, if it came from him personally or from talking to others. Paraphrase from memory: The Bills have some big, wide NFL bodies on the interior O-line, and Oliver has had some difficulty getting around them at times.

That's where I heard "this talk" earlier today...

A number of media types have commented on this. They have all also commented on the fact that Oliver's speed/athleticism game won't really come into play until the pads come on. And, that he is a rookie at his second practice of the pre-season...