Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fair point.  I trust the coaches to find a way to keep talent if they find it though. This staff just seems good. 

But wow this retooled o line is such an upgrade 

It's so early,but yes..we seem to be headed in the right direction.

As far as WT is concerned..I think he is more talented than Bodine..Long can back up Morse.

Also..WT had a darn good preseason last year.

I understand..it's about numbers and he's on the bubble.

Peace

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Teller's chances of making the 53 got better after the Sirles injury.

He definitely is not a lock but he's got time to show improvement this summer.

There's also a chance he could find his way to the PS.

I guess this is what Training Camp is all about.

Bear...he wouldn't clear waivers to have a PS opportunity with us.

Too young with raw talent..somebody would grab him.

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Bear...he wouldn't clear waivers to have a PS opportunity with us.

Too young with raw talent..somebody would grab him.

I didn't say it was a good chance.  LOL

I'm hoping everyone stays healthy and plays well.

If so maybe Beane can work some magic and deal away Bodine and Ducasse for some picks.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I didn't say it was a good chance.  LOL

I'm hoping everyone stays healthy and plays well.

If so maybe Beane can work some magic and deal away Bodine and Ducasse for some picks.

I actually forgot Ducasse was still on the roster.

I would guess he would be put into the category of "last option in case of a catastrophic disaster"

I kid.I kid.....not really.?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pure conjecture, since he didn’t. But Harmon was one dumbass summumabit**! Couldn’t form a coherent sentence. I don’t know how long he may have stuck around. He was pretty effective for the Chargers for years.

I think if they didn't have Thurman, and if he didn't blame Kelly for the throw that hit him right in the numbers he might have stuck around.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

I think if they didn't have Thurman, and if he didn't blame Kelly for the throw that hit him right in the numbers he might have stuck around.

Harmon catches that one and the Bills could have lost 5 straight SB's if they won in Denver the next week in the AFC Championship.

No way in hell would they have beaten the 89 Niners, who were the greatest team I ever saw. Dominating on both sides of the ball.

17 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I actually forgot Ducasse was still on the roster.

I would guess he would be put into the category of "last option in case of a catastrophic disaster"

I kid.I kid.....not really.?

...I'd bet so did he......must be our secret weapon....stay tuned......

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Harmon catches that one and the Bills could have lost 5 straight SB's if they won in Denver the next week in the AFC Championship.

No way in hell would they have beaten the 89 Niners, who were the greatest team I ever saw. Dominating on both sides of the ball.

So there’s that..

26 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Speaking of, it's amazing how little, if anything, is ever said about the '88 Bills, who lost in the AFC Championship to the Bengals. That was really the start of the Super Bowl Bills.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jletha said:

This is exactly the news I am interested in. Im very glad he got hot and started connecting, its early in camp so this is good. Hopefully he doesnt need a "warming up" period as camp progresses and he can start hot. This practice almost seems like a microcosm for his rookie season. Its exciting to see him close out well and the optimists will point to that for what is to come in the future but detractors can look at the entire day and say well he was ultimately 10-19 which is 52% which is mediocre.

Except as stated this was 3rd down the entire practice.  52% would have led the NFL last year for some perspective. *52% conversion rate

Edited by BidsJr
clarification
  • Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

How is Sills V looking can't find much about him today...

I think that’s your answer. Saw a few tweets that he’s not getting a lot of looks and would be a long shot to crack the roster based on how the coaches are not using him. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Pancho Billa can wear a wild costume and makeup and he's the quintessential Bills fan, while some guy dresses up as Darth Bill and he's a dope?  Dressing up is not my thing, but if some guys can have fun with it, more power to them. 

...prolly Brandon incognito..........

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

Except as stated this was 3rd down the entire practice.  52% would have led the NFL last year for some perspective. *52% conversion rate

And 3 drops. And no pads. And and and. I’m not going to get into completion percentage in camp unless he’s just plain not throwing well, which by all accounts is not the case. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know it is early but already I think some of the offensive position battles are looking the way I expected them to.

On the offensive line I have been consistent that the starting five would be:

LT Dawkins

LG Spain

C Morse

RG Feliciano OR Long

RT Ford (with the possibility of Nsekhe starting early if Cody is really struggling to pick things up).

Well so far there are no signs of Ford struggling to pick things up. He ended the spring with the 1s and has carried on right where he left off with the 1s both days so far in camp. In fact the only position that rotated from day 1 to day 2 is the right guard position. Where Feliciano got the first crack yesterday and then Long got his shot today. Unless there is a major drop off in Ford's play there is only one starting spot on this line up for grabs - it is right guard and it will be either Feliciano or Long.

At wide receiver I think almost everyone here has agreed that the top 4 guys were Foster, Brown, Zay and Beasley in some combination. I talked in another thread today about the possibly combinations you can run out there with those four when you are in 11 personnel:

i. Foster at X; Brown at Z; Beasley at Y

ii. Foster at X; Zay at Z; Beasley at Y

iii. Brown at X; Zay at Z; Beasley at Y

iv. Foster at X; Brown at Z; Zay at Y

Through two days we have already seen all of those combinations as well as Andre Roberts, Isaiah McKenzie and Ray-Ray McCloud all getting the odd look with the 1s too (Roberts on the outside and the other two spelling Beasley in the slot). Per Sal after practice today the receivers that are yet to get any shots with the 1s are Duke Williams Victor Bolden Jnr, Cam Phillips, David Sills and Nick Easley. I have to say that is pretty much as I expected. I have thought all offseason that those were the guys who had the most to do to make this roster. It is still early but I repeat what I have said elsewhere on the history of the two McDermott camps - it has been the receivers that have shown early in camp Rod Streater two years ago and Robert Foster last year, rather than the guys that have had big pre-season games that have generally made the cut (Streater did then get injured and waived with a settlement but he made it through to the initial 53). So those receivers who are behind the 8 ball at this point have some ground to make up and the clock is very much ticking on them.

Defensively does look like there is still a battle for the starting spot on the DLine with Jordan Phillips continuing to get the snaps with the 1s thus far - though I remain convinced that Ed Oliver is going to slide into that role very shortly and there is a battle brewing opposite Tre White between last year's UDFA find Levi Wallace and former Texans first round pick Kevin Johnson. Likewise looks as though EJ Gaines is playing outside and some nickel in certain packages that might allow them to only keep 5 pure corners with Siran Neal as a hybrid wildcard safety / nickel / linebacker…… and interestingly he has got first shot as the gunner on kick coverage teams. That definitely improves his chances of making the 53.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Josh is definitely an easy kid to root for. 

Silly me! I thought chicken wing head gear was only for regular season! I’ve lead such a sheltered life.....next thing you know, people will be wearing white after Labor Day! 

• Haha (+1) 3