[Name Only Title] Ken Dorsey

28 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

One stark difference with this staff is it’s willingness to invest in coaching which hopefully proves to be the difference we’ve been looking for to be competitive 

Rex brought in Rob.

:D

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

It is actually dereliction of duty to have drafted Josh Allen and to then have surrounded him with a defensive HC, David Culley as the QB coach, Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron (and then trade McCarron before the season started, not that he was a good player). It was criminal. Not to mention the WR they surrounded him with.

Having Dorsey and Barkley there is an enormous difference. Daboll has the whole offense to worry about.

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It is actually dereliction of duty to have drafted Josh Allen and to then have surrounded him with a defensive HC, David Culley as the QB coach, Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron (and then trade McCarron before the season started, not that he was a good player). It was criminal. Not to mention the WR they surrounded him with.

Having Dorsey and Barkley there is an enormous difference. Daboll has the whole offense to worry about.

I agree.  Ridiculous to put a raw rookie QB behind that OL with that WR corps.  Ive been saying that for close to a year now.  I have my doubts about Allen, but he certainly showed me something last season.  He performed better than I expected under those circumstances.  He’s got a chance......

I do like the Dorsey hire.  Someone like that needs to be on the staff.  He’s a good choice. 

Edited by BarleyNY

29 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don’t necessarily disagree about what Allen was surrounded with to start last year, but you also have to account for the cap issues that were being purged which affected how many quality FA’s could be brought in, plus the draft capital used in getting Allen and Edmunds to begin with, as opposed to being able to go “hog wild” with FA and the draft this year to help Josh out. That said, the coaching hires could’ve been better from the get go, and QB room issues as well. But all of this appears to have been worked out in time to start this year off right and giving Josh the tools he needs to take the next step. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I don’t necessarily disagree about what Allen was surrounded with to start last year, but you also have to account for the cap issues that were being purged which affected how many quality FA’s could be brought in, plus the draft capital used in getting Allen and Edmunds to begin with, as opposed to being able to go “hog wild” with FA and the draft this year to help Josh out. That said, the coaching hires could’ve been better from the get go, and QB room issues as well. But all of this appears to have been worked out in time to start this year off right and giving Josh the tools he needs to take the next step. 

Right. But it didnt matter who the guy was or how much they had to pay him, not having a real QB coach AND no veteran presence in the room whatsoever, not to mention it was NPP (Nathan Freakin' Peterman) who was the veteran that Josh was able to turn to before they brought in Derek Anderson was simply brutal. And a bunch of us complained about it as it was happening not just in retrospect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/26/2019 at 6:13 AM, JinxedBill1 said:

One stark difference with this staff is it’s willingness to invest in coaching which hopefully proves to be the difference we’ve been looking for to be competitive 

100% Agree with your and the previous comments, and somehow related to how the ascent to one of best coaches started with Frank Reich as QB Coach,

On 7/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

Actually to be clear the first thing they did right to help Josh was Signing Anderson last year. 

On 7/26/2019 at 8:01 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

There really needs to be more Rookie QB abuse PSAs on tv.