Astro Notes: Bills Practice 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t finished reading it yet. He’s snarky funny  today though

Lol. I started reading then went to share the link. Got to finish reading. He does great work. Met him 2 years ago. It is amazing that he does the whole thing fron memory.

10 hours ago, jletha said:

I mostly recall during the EJ days the reviews were generally positive from Astro (or at least had a positive spin on it) while EJ was getting killed by the rest of the media. Many people on this board thought the media had an agenda against EJ, and looked at Astro's notes as counter-points. We all know how that turned out.

I read Astros stuff, again not hating. It just is usually the rose colored versions of things IMO.

He was real positive about Tyrod as a passer, too

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, jletha said:

I mostly recall during the EJ days the reviews were generally positive from Astro (or at least had a positive spin on it) while EJ was getting killed by the rest of the media. Many people on this board thought the media had an agenda against EJ, and looked at Astro's notes as counter-points. We all know how that turned out.

I read Astros stuff, again not hating. It just is usually the rose colored versions of things IMO.

Duh. Why do you think so many of us look forward to this? It’s training camp! Akin to the 1st warm day in Spring. Hope springs eternal.

Reality usually checks in soon enough. Do you honestly think thousands of us would eagerly anticipate Jerry Sullivan’s Daily Camp Notes?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Duh. Why do you think so many of us look forward to this? It’s training camp! Akin to the 1st warm day in Spring. Hope springs eternal.

Reality usually checks in soon enough. Do you honestly think thousands of us would eagerly anticipate Jerry Sullivan’s Daily Camp Notes?

Yes. There are many thousands of bathroom stalls throughout WNY that will run out of toilet paper during these next few weeks.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I am glad Ed Oliver was running to his drills :)

No schitt -- we had folks on this board claiming he's a malcontent and un-coachable based upon a 2-second snippet in an Embedded episode!

12 hours ago, Yoho said:

You seem to think that we chose to be Buffalo Bills fans.  I am a Buffalo Bills fan. I couldn't change it if I wanted to.  They could make Harvey Johnson coach twice, they could trade Darryl Lamonica, they could let up 51 points in a Super Bowl and I would remain a Bills fan.  I left Western New York 43 years ago and it is as much a part of me as it was when I went to the first game played at Rich Stadium and many at the old Rockpile.  I am eternally optimistic before every season and can come up with a scenario for success every year.  They own me for life as long as they stay in Buffalo.   Go Bills.  

Dude, this is great.  The key line is "I can come up with a scenario for success every year."  This is what the negative nellies don't understand.  In my world, sports fandom means looking for plausible reasons why your team will make you happy -- not predicting ways they will disappoint.  Well done.

• Thank you (+1) 3

15 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The talk about all the pre-snap motion, RBs/TEs lining up out wide, WRs lining up in the backfield, etc. has me feeling hopeful about the direction this offense is headed in for the first time maybe in my life (I was too young to really know what was going on during the Kelly years).

The offense was a machine in those years, especially in camp. I remember reading report after report about that Kelly was on fire and how "the ball never hit the ground" during practice.