Astro Notes: Bills Practice 1

9 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

This is the first time in a while it seems that the offense is ahead of the defense this early in camp. 

Thats a great sign. 

Look at all of the talent we added over the winter..it shows.

Brown,Beasley and Morse were key pick ups and Josh has a year under his belt.

Nothing but blue skies...

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, jletha said:

Not trying to hate but Astro is usually much more positive than other media members the review the practices. Not that hes wrong but I just keep that in mind when reading it. Its a good contrast to everything else though.

He’s negative when he has to be . Doesn’t really pull punches for the sake of being positive 

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Outstanding detailed write up.  I probably know more about the practice session, having read the article, than if I had attended myself.

Same because he has spotters all over - it would be tough to get all that by yourself. I typically focus on one position group. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hoping he concentrates more on the Defense tomorrow. I’m very interested in V. Joseph, Big Ed, Milano’s return and our Safety’s. 

IMO..I see no reason to hear about contact play and Milano in the same sentence for another two weeks.

This exhibition season..we need to baby him..not McCoy.

We know what he has..his best efforts came post the Indy game..he was lost there,as Edmunds was.That game fired his ass up,without the '18 interception numbers.

You rest the young dangerous possible Kentucky Derby winners...like him.

He made us forget about Kiko..

Milano=Warrior.

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

IMO..I see no reason to hear about contact play and Milano in the same sentence for another two weeks.

This exhibition season..we need to baby him..not McCoy.

We know what he has..his best efforts came post the Indy game..he was lost there,as Edmunds was.That game fired his ass up,without the '18 interception numbers.

You rest the young dangerous possible Kentucky Derby winners...like him.

He made us forget about Kiko..

Milano=Warrior.

um...ok.?

anyway, there’s this; 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s negative when he has to be . Doesn’t really pull punches for the sake of being positive 

Same because he has spotters all over - it would be tough to get all that by yourself. I typically focus on one position group. 

I mostly recall during the EJ days the reviews were generally positive from Astro (or at least had a positive spin on it) while EJ was getting killed by the rest of the media. Many people on this board thought the media had an agenda against EJ, and looked at Astro's notes as counter-points. We all know how that turned out.

I read Astros stuff, again not hating. It just is usually the rose colored versions of things IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Going to try the post these each day when they are out, if I don’t someone else is welcome to do so!

http://billsmafia.com/2019/07/25/astronotes-bills-practice-1/

Anyone have a notion what Dean meant by this:
" Speaking of LeSean McCoy, he made two mistakes that I could see from the top of the bleachers –maybe we can make a deal. "

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

" Speaking of LeSean McCoy, he made two mistakes that I could see from the top of the bleachers –maybe we can make a deal. "

Astro was a little snarky today -as mentioned earlier. I think he’s playing off all the national writers view that’s he expendable for a trade. Not like we haven’t heard that around here...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

(I was too young to really know what was going on during the Kelly years).

1. Win on Sundays.

2. Go to SB's.

3. Enter a period after then so dark and hopeless that any bit of good news is celebrated like a newborn baby.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no injuries?....no cuts?...no "TBD bust" labels?......one helluva good day.............

OTGuy...

The lack of drama is what gives me pure optimism.The guys on TV today (Murph,Steve,Brown) mentioned the difference from just three years ago.

The laughs are fun now..before,they were as  joking and poking.

today was scheduled to be two hours..the players were off the turf 20 minutes early.that's how well things went.

This is a very focused football team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Astro was a little snarky today -as mentioned earlier. I think he’s playing off all the national writers view that’s he expendable for a trade. Not like we haven’t heard that around here...

...still don't get who would trade for him now.....last year was abysmal for a myriad of reasons, so who really knows what he has left in the tank?....trade for $6+ mil salary with question marks?....I don't see him being a plow horse in 2019, but in a more diversified role, which I'm guessng means "reasonable miles".....wait until he's a UFA in 2020 and sign 'em to vet minimum with incentives makes more sense to me....Deadskins did so with Peterson at age 33 and he produced 1,024 yds rushing....gamble that paid off...........

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think he was half kidding but insinuating that he’s expendable and could be packaged in a trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

1. Win on Sundays.

2. Go to SB's.

3. Enter a period after then so dark and hopeless that any bit of good news is celebrated like a newborn baby.

1a. Own the AFC E.

2a. Beat legendary HOF QB's to get to said SB's, including Elway, Marino, Moon and Montana.

3a. It's a miracle the franchise still had a fanbase by the time Josh Allen was drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...still don't get who would trade for him now.....last year was abysmal for a myriad of reasons, so who really knows what he has left in the tank?....trade for $6+ mil salary with question marks?....I don't see him being a plow horse in 2019, but in a more diversified role, which I'm guessng means "reasonable miles".....wait until he's a UFA in 2020 and sign 'em to vet minimum with incentives makes more sense to me....Deadskins did so with Peterson at age 33 and he produced 1,024 yds rushing....gamble that paid off...........

Well, it’s likely a team or two are going to lose their starting RB to injury. If they’re in a playoff hunt, LeSean would be ideal, imo. He’s still very shifty and this season clears his salary/contract. Perhaps a sign and trade. I know the tired line about his OL being terrible last year. Tired or not, there’s 4 new guys in there today from the line that started against Miami in the finale.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

OTGuy...

The lack of drama is what gives me pure optimism.The guys on TV today (Murph,Steve,Brown) mentioned the difference from just three years ago.

The laughs are fun now..before,they were as  joking and poking.

today was scheduled to be two hours..the players were off the turf 20 minutes early.that's how well things went.

This is a very focused football team.

....sorry, couldn't resist the "TBD busts" label part....the culture is right and will be on point.......a recent Josh quote, "...OUR team and OUR family" says a helluva lot to me as far as leadership....the same Josh that the "expert" urinalists like to point the finger at for 20 something rankings...."it's the collegiate completion percentage stupid"......why do former NFL QB's (don't give a rat's azz about THEIR career stats) like Simms, Dilfer, Professor Palmer and our new QB Coach Dorsey remain high on him?.....OBJECTIVELY speaking, who would you give more credibility to, ex-QB's or "the other gang"?...just a thought.....I would ask the same damn thing even if the ex-QB's were NOT so high on the kid......

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

3a. It's a miracle the franchise still had a fanbase by the time Josh Allen was drafted.

And THAT'S why Buffalo, NY is the best. We'll root for a tin can blowing around on the street!

• Awesome! (+1) 1