Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving Yards?

Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving Yards?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving Yards?

• Jon Brown
    • Cole Beasley
    • Robert Foster
    • Zay Jones
    • Other

In an offseason with some silly, useless posts, I actually think this is an interesting question.  You can make good arguments for and against each guy.

I voted for Brown simply because he's the only WR listed who's actually had a #1 type season, getting 1,000+ yards a few years back.  Zay's doesn't have 1,000 yards in his career yet.

But I really don't have a strong opinion on how this will all work out.  It's going to be fascination to see how this season unfolds with so many questions - especially on offense.  Which receivers will start?  Who will get the most targets?  Who will be the starting five on the OL?  How will the touches be shared among the RBs?  Will Josh step us his game?  Will Daboll step up his???

9 hours ago, Augie said:

No, the way I see it is it means Josh has learned to look for the slot receiver/outlet. THAT says the most about Josh. I’m far more worried about Josh than the WR’s. He is the linchpin. 

So you are looking for Josh Allen to be different from most other good QB's?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Umm, I’m curious....what does that even man? 

It means that slot receivers aren't usually the leader in receiving yards for most QB's. So saying that it is good progress to have Beasley lead in yards means that Allen would be doing something different from most other good QB's.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

It means that slot receivers aren't usually the leader in receiving yards for most QB's. So saying that it is good progress to have Beasley lead in yards means that Allen would be doing something different from most other good QB's.

I guess I’ve been watching to much of that Brady guy. 

A little less bombs away and a little more moving the chains with accurate passes would be nice. 

I said Brown but I don't think any of them are going to even approach 1000, and that doesn't mean we won't have a good pass offense. I could easily see Brown, Beasley, and Foster all getting 700-800 and maybe even Zay having a bunch. The WR by committee approach will probably serve them pretty well, especially due to quickness and speed, not to mention that we really don't have a good TE even with Kroft.

I voted Beasley but I would guess it'll be him or Zay. I think Foster and Brown will eat into each other's snaps/targets too much to lead the team. Beasley has the most ironclad role on the team so I'd lean towards him but we'll see.

I don't expect any of them to be particularly productive volume wise but think they could be a decent unit regardless.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

OK I'll bite - why?

Cause he's a shark waiting to break out and it's Shark Week... He has so much potential, listen to Beane say how they had him the highest rated WR in the embedded series if I heard him right. Thought about drafting him multiple times as well. 

Brown. Mainly due to being able to pick up large lumps in one go. Foster is still learning to become Brown, and early signs are that Allen has been able to find Brown without too much difficulty.

I actually think it can only be either Brown or Foster, when you are talking about yards - either of them will get plenty of opportunities to grab big chunks. Fitness (or availability) will also play into it.

If you are talking just receptions, then for the development we wish to see from Allen, you would want to see Beasley as the top man.(as others have already said) That should kill off all of the 'can't pass short' negativity.

Edited by Buddo
  • Like (+1) 1

Conventional wisdom would say either Brown or Foster due to their ability to shake free going deep and Allen's penchant to look for that.  With that said, I think Allen will over correct and with defenses looking for Allen to go over the top with those two burners, I think Beasley will find himself with tons of opportunities to make plays.

I think Beasley will be somewhere around 80 receptions for 900 yards

Brown 55 receptions 800 yards

Foster 50 receptions 750 yards

Zay    50 receptions 600 yards

I see a big uptick in passing yards this year.