Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving Yards?

Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving Yards?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving Yards?

• Jon Brown
    • Cole Beasley
    • Robert Foster
    • Zay Jones
    • Other

I was listening to The Bills Beat with Joe B (who just joined The Athletic) and Matt Fairburn and they posed what seems to be a simple but somewhat interesting question:

Which WR Will Lead The Bills In Receiving In 2019?

The are a number of variables that make this question a little tricky.  Below are the choices:

Jon Brown:  Probably the best WR on the roster and he will a lot of snaps.  The problem with Brown is that he has been injury prone, and there’s a huge question make about his health and durability. 

Cole Beasley:  Another WR who will see snaps, but he’s never been a yardage guy.  He makes the clutch catches out of the slot and rarely has the explosive play.

Robert Foster:  Had a breakout year in 2018 but is a very similar WR to Brown.  As a result he could be looking at a lower snap count or running routes where he’s the 3rd or 4th option.

Zay Jones:  He’s put up decent number for a WR but has seldom had a breakout game.  Also he’s never amassed huge chunks of yardage.  

Other candidates who likely won’t see enough snaps or even make the team:

Andre Roberts

David Sills Jr

Issac McKenzie

Duke Williams

So who do you vote for any why?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bills-beat-with-joe-b-and-matthew-fairburn/id1373776577#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F655939379

I didn’t vote for Cole Beasley but I am kind of surprised how many people agreed with me. He has always been one of those receivers that stood out with the Cowboys and it is pretty exciting he is on our roster now. I voted Zay because I am thinking this will be his break out year now that the position has been upgraded and there may be more stress put on opposing secondaries. Having said that, Beasley could be a dark horse among, many other dark horses,  that could really turn it on this season.

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think if it turns out to be Beasley, it means Josh has progressed the most. 

Yes...good relationship to have to  build a foundation with intermediate stuff. Then progress  from there.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think if it turns out to be Beasley, it means Josh has progressed the most. 

I don't think that's necessary true. Plenty of great QB's don't have their slot receiver lead the team in receiving. In fact usually it's the #1 receiver.

If it's Beasley I think that means that Brown, Foster, and Jones weren't good enough. However, I think Beasley will lead the team in receptions.

You could see three receivers around the 550 to 750 yard range.  I'm going to assume all four won't be healthy at the same time throughout the year.  I'll go with Foster as he can stretch the field and seemed to develop a good rapport with Allen.  It could easily be Brown if he stays healthy.  I'm not a huge Zay Jones fan but he could surprise.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think that's necessary true. Plenty of great QB's don't have their slot receiver lead the team in receiving. In fact usually it's the #1 receiver.

If it's Beasley I think that means that Brown, Foster, and Jones weren't good enough. However, I think Beasley will lead the team in receptions.

No, the way I see it is it means Josh has learned to look for the slot receiver/outlet. THAT says the most about Josh. I’m far more worried about Josh than the WR’s. He is the linchpin. 

Zay Jones was allowed to be on the field for most of his two years as a Bill to gain valuable experience.

It's time he becomes the number one guy, meaning he had better be a consistent threat every game. It's time.

Otherwise, like other posters have said, he shouldn't see the field if he doesn't become the man.

• Like (+1) 2