Predicted offensive roster before camp

Qb1- Allen
2- Barkley 
Jackson cut

WR1- John Brown
WR2- Zay/Foster 50/50
Slot- Beasley/ McKenzie getting some time (backup returner)

Depth recievers- Andre Roberts/Duke Williams 

Ps- cam phillips/sills

RBs- McCoy most Carries, gore goal linebackers and some rotation
Singletary will get less carries then you guys think coming into first year

TEs- Knox and Croom will be 1/2. Sweeney makes roster

OLINE- Dawkins, nsheke, Morse, Spain, Ford 
Long, Teller, Feliciano make roster

• Like (+1) 1

interesting.   I think this will be one of the more enjoyable preseasons to watch in recent memory.   Finally depth, and we can watch our team and others to improve upon the depth.  No glaring holes at starting positions.  

I only disagree with the RB diagnosis.  I think Singletary gets a lot more carries than you, but we'll see.  Good problem to have in the RB room!   I can also envision a 2 back backfield at some points with McCoy and Singletary.  Then you can put McCoy at WR on a motion, or do something else creative.  

• Like (+1) 2

I think most of these are going to look almost the same but here goes-

QB(3) - Allen, Barkley, Jackson

RB(4) - McCoy, Gore, Singletary, DiMarco/Perry - depends on which one is a better special teams player

TE(4) - Kroft, Knox, Smith, Sweeney/Croom - I have 5 here only cuz Im not sure when Kroft returns so better of the Sweeney/Croom stays

WR(7) - Brown, Beasley, Foster, Jones, Williams, Sills, Roberts - McKenzie had some good showing last year but not enough to say keep him over Sills

OL(9) - Dawkins(LT), Spain(LG), Morse(C), Nsehke(RG), Ford(RT), Long(G/C), Feliciano(G/C), Teller(G), Waddle(T) - right now Teller is my throw away guy from this list...he needs to show more this year to stay on

defense:

DE(4) - Murphy, Hughes, Lawson, Harold

DT(4) - Lotulelei, Phillips, Phillips, Oliver

LB(5 ) - Milano, Edmunds, L. Alexander, Joseph, Foggie/M. Alexander

CB(5) - White, Wallace, K. Johnson, T. Johnson, Gaines

S(5) - Hyde, Poyer, Neal, J. Johnson, Coleman

special teams:

P - Bojorquez

K - Hauschka

LS - Furguson

bare with me as I am going over this list and making changes

Edited by Tsaikotic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

interesting.   I think this will be one of the more enjoyable preseasons to watch in recent memory.   Finally depth, and we can watch our team and others to improve upon the depth.  No glaring holes at starting positions.  

I only disagree with the RB diagnosis.  I think Singletary gets a lot more carries than you, but we'll see.  Good problem to have in the RB room!   I can also envision a 2 back backfield at some points with McCoy and Singletary.  Then you can put McCoy at WR on a motion, or do something else creative.  

Agree on the depth. Should be a fun season to watch for sure

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

yea..agree...much harder to try to figure out who goes with all this depth...it's going to come down to special teams play and whats in the minds/hearts of the coaching staff

I'm interested in what type of offense Daboll will implement this year.

His personnel packages (especially how the RBs and TEs are used) will drive what depth players are kept.

OL will be a little more open to start with than I think most posters believe.

I know everyone (including myself) want the final starting 5 to get as much time as possible but I also want

them to get the starting 5 right.

Welcome back to work guys and stay healthy!

• Like (+1) 1

These guys are always tricky about this stuff. On paper that projection don’t look bad, but they always throw us curveballs. Might see Marcus Murphy sneak in as the 4th back and backup returner and McKenzie cut. Lot of different ways it can go. They seem to have a very high value on special teams which I don’t for the most part. Kickoffs are basically dead and punt returning is not what it used to be. I expect a curve or two with the final roster that leaves us scratching our heads. 

Just starters:

Allen

McCoy/Gore

Dawkins/ Ford/ Morse/Spain/Nsheke

Zay/Brown/Foster.....Beasley obvious slot

Hughes/Oliver/Star/Murphy

Milano/Edmunds/Joseph.  I think Lorax predominately will be a rotational end on pass rushing downs.

White/K Johnson/Taron Johnson

Poyer/Hyde (Coleman big nickle)

22 hours ago, Brian3488 said:

Qb1- Allen
2- Barkley 
Jackson cut

WR1- John Brown
WR2- Zay/Foster 50/50
Slot- Beasley/ McKenzie getting some time (backup returner)

Depth recievers- Andre Roberts/Duke Williams 

Ps- cam phillips/sills

RBs- McCoy most Carries, gore goal linebackers and some rotation
Singletary will get less carries then you guys think coming into first year

TEs- Knox and Croom will be 1/2. Sweeney makes roster

OLINE- Dawkins, nsheke, Morse, Spain, Ford 
Long, Teller, Feliciano make roster

With what they paid Lee Smith, he’s playing (probably behind Knox)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Probably by necessity, because of Lara Kroft's injury, the Bills will keep four TEs to start the season. Depending on who they want to keep as the 6 WR (if at all), they may keep four the whole year. Kroft, Smith and Knox are all but locks for different reasons. To me, they keep Sweeney over Croom if only because Knox and Croom have the same skill set and there is no need for two TEs that at this time in their career cannot block inline and scare no one as a inline or split out dual threat.