Jalen Ramsey arrives to camp in armored truck, with hype man

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

As soon as Jalen gets his money, his career will go down hill.  Anyone that cares this much about the money has zero really passion to play the game for the love of it.

Depends on if he’s actually all in for cash, or using his contract to maintain his ego. If he’s all ego he might maintain his play after getting paid so he can talk ***** after he retires like Neon Deon. 

As soon as Jalen gets his money, his career will go down hill.  Anyone that cares this much about the money has zero really passion to play the game for the love of it.

Deion Sanders.  Antonio Brown.  There are tons of examples of this.  When your contract isn’t  guaranteed , in a sport where they cut you in a second if you slip, and a career can end on a single play, you should get every cent possible.  I won’t be shocked if Tre White asks for a new contract after this year.

and Ramsey May be a d bag but he will get paid one way or another.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Deion Sanders.  Antonio Brown.  There are tons of examples of this.  When your contract isn’t  guaranteed , in a sport where they cut you in a second if you slip, and a career can end on a single play, you should get every cent possible.  I won’t be shocked if Tre White asks for a new contract after this year.

and Ramsey May be a d bag but he will get paid one way or another.  

Yeah, but I doubt he pulls any antics about it.  You want a new contract, you think you deserve it, cool by me, but there's no reason to be unprofessional about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, wiskibreth said:

Yeah, but I doubt he pulls any antics about it.  You want a new contract, you think you deserve it, cool by me, but there's no reason to be unprofessional about it.

Agree but are teams always professional about cutting players?  Different sport by the Celts traded Isiash Thomas after he came back early from an injury and his sister dying instead of giving him a contract extension.  

I do Think Jalen is a douche but this might be calculated as well.  Maybe he hopes they trade him (and they will have no problem doing so).

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree but are teams always professional about cutting players?  Different sport by the Celts traded Isiash Thomas after he came back early from an injury and his sister dying instead of giving him a contract extension.  

I do Think Jalen is a douche but this might be calculated as well.  Maybe he hopes they trade him (and they will have no problem doing so). 

Yup, you're right.  Teams should also act in a professional manner.   We all know two wrongs don't make a right.  We also need to remember...  Business is business and everyone has their own interests to look out for.

Yeah, the kid will get paid, no doubt, be it with the Jags or some other team.  With his character, I doubt it's the Bills. (I hope it's not)

Edited by wiskibreth

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

I would look to trade Jalen ASAP, or be prepared to let the man walk.  I just don't respect these type of antics. 

To me this is like petting the kitty from the ass to the ears. You're rubbing people the wrong way. Especially your teammates

Man if you take this that seriously, I can't imagine how you handle things that actually matter.

It's harmless. Who cares.

This is just nonsense you can't prove... in the end it's a business, and it is about money for these players. Don't be naive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

Yup, you're right.  Teams should also act in a professional manner.   We all know two wrongs don't make a right.  We also need to remember...  Business is business and everyone has their own interests to look out for.

Yeah, the kid will get paid, no doubt, be it with the Jags or some other team.  With his character, I doubt it's the Bills. (I hope it's not)

Agreed but you also need elite talent. McCoy was kinda of scumbag when he got here. Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, etc we’re far from choirboys.  The Cowboys of the 90s.  

I think the saying was you can one a hole but you don’t want to get too many so they end up hanging out with each other.

4 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I bet Tom Coughlin loved this. 

Coughlin hates everything.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yoenis Cespedes showed up for Mets "training camp," on a horse a couple years ago.  He hasn't done a goddamn thing since. 

He actually rode that horse off into the sunset ??

I usually like this type of stuff. I loved TO, Chad Johnson etc. But.....I didn't even crack a smile on this. It just wasn't funny

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I must have missed when the Celt's GM paraded around saying/tweeting "He sucks and he's gone, Mother#^*er! He don't get da money. No no!!!"  THAT'S unprofessional.

If he was traded in the traditional manner, and told about it in private, that's EXACTLY professional. It may be cold-hearted, insensitive, etc.  but it isn't unprofessional. Plus, IT will get his money.

I don't think many are complaining about Ramsey asking to redo his contract. It's the completely ridiculous spectacle/stunt in the worst possible place to perform said stunt: In front of your teammates. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1