Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With the OK loss, if ND wins they tonight they stay in the picture. Meatchicken already has two losses so they are done no matter what. 

OU has its mulligan, winning out for the conference puts them back into it, still another undefeated serious contender in the Big 12, they meet on the 16th at Baylor

ND has a hard time without an undefeated season, the lack of conference play, and a conference title game is crushing nationally

but you never know...:

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

ND has a hard time without an undefeated season, the lack of conference play, and a conference title game is crushing nationally

but you never know...:

Until Michigan opened up a can on them tonight. The Irish are done.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s the only honest conference where you play everyone

not like when Wisconsin avoids most of the big teams on the other side of the Big 10 some seasons

Ohio State and Minnesota lining up for the B1G title game

It’s bound to happen some season when an undefeated Minnesota knocks off an undefeated Ohio St in the conference title game... or any other conference

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

It’s the only honest conference where you play everyone

not like when Wisconsin avoids most of the big teams on the other side of the Big 10 some seasons

That's because the Big '12' only has 10 teams, pretty sure honesty has nothing to do with it. 

I do think that all conferences should play 9 conference games.

Okay, so the Calendar turns to November this weekend.  Right now this is how it is looking.

Big 10 - Ohio St, Penn St & Minn all control their own destiny, win out & your in.  

- No other teams have a chance

Big 12 - Baylor - with upcoming games against TCU, OU & Texas + BIG 12 championship game if they run the table they are in.  

- OU needs some help, but weird things happen in November.  

ACC - Clemson - it is simple, they win out they are in.  If they slip up they are out.  They will be a 15+ favorite in the rest of the games they play, I imagine they are winning out.  I am counting them in.  

SEC - LSU, Florida, Georgia, Alabama.  it is simple.  Knockout game this week with Georgia/Florida.  Winner needs to win out including SEC championship & they are in.  Alabama has a game again LSU in 2 weeks.  Winner has inside track, loser especially if it is LSU with their SOS, if they win out they could get in.  Alabama if they lose that game & end up winning out to go 11-1 I want to say they probably get in because of their name but imo their schedule has been horrible this year.  I would leave them out but I know that probably won't happen.  

PAC12 - Oregon & Utah.  If they both win out & meet in Pac 12 Championship, I think the winner especially if it is Oregon gets in.  It took a total meltdown the first game of the year for the Ducks to lose, otherwise they would have the inside track right now.

****SMU - sitting on an undefeated season, haven't been ranked since before the death penalty.  Would make a great story.  I don't see anyway this could happen but I will be pulling for it.  

Right now I will be shocked if Ohio St does not run the table.  No offense to PSU or Minn, but I just don't see anybody from the Big10 beating the Bucks.  

So imo, we got 2 spots spoken for in Clemson & OSU.  The 3rd spot will go the SEC champion.  So realisticly imo there is only one spot available.  It should be interesting who gets it.  

**I will state if history is any indication, weird thing happen in November.  So who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

Gophers face Penn State and Wisky, so that's probably two losses...

Baylor hosts OU in a few weeks time

Can't see an ACC champion Clemson out, even if they slip up once in the conference play

and we are someday going to have a major upset in a conference title game, i say this EVERY YEAR, but it HAS to happen....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.