Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t see it. Clemson, OU, and SEC champ should all be 1 loss conference champs (at worst).

it would be plan B at best, but this season who knows, lots of pretenders will be exposed when they have to play a top team for the first time

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't think so at all. In fact, it appears to me that Alabama exposed the Big 12 last year when they clobbered Oklahoma who at the time had a clearly superior QB to Hurts. 

I think Texas could beat Georgia.  Nothing to do with Bama/OU from last year. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Texas could beat Georgia.  Nothing to do with Bama/OU from last year. 

Texas gave up 9 sacks to Oklahoma. 9 sacks Yolo. I'm not so sure that Texas is ready to play against the big boys in the SEC OR the Big 10.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

and Clemson exposed the SEC by humiliating Bama?

Clemson kicked ass. I am not going to make excuses. They had a GREAT and deep defensive line, in addition to all of the other good players. They were WAY too much for the Alabama OL. This might not be the case this year but we shall see.

54 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Clemson kicked ass. I am not going to make excuses. They had a GREAT and deep defensive line, in addition to all of the other good players. They were WAY too much for the Alabama OL. This might not be the case this year but we shall see.

no excuses required, that was an unexpected 

massacre

lots of hopefully great games still to watcb

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

probably a 2nd tier team in the Big Ten, they have been crucified by the schedule with 3 tough road games and another top game stacked upon them

what will they do for the Big Ten, ASSUMING....

tOSU/Wisky goes to home team tOSU.

but Wisky takes the Conf title game at the neutral site?

pretend the first game doesn't matter?  lean towards tOSU as it has more pull (easily)?

don't worry too much about the fake rankings before anyone has to play anyone in conference games.

the rankings are extra fake this year due to the dearth of out-of-conference solid clashes 

a few years back the Big East (or whatever this conference was at the time)  had 4 undefeated teams into November and clogged the top 10 fake rankings because they hadn't played anybody good even into November.

If records are equal, they would/should take the conference champ 

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I hate to watch Game One believing it won’t matter... the winner will have to repeat 

It’s too early to know whether they will end up playing each other again, so it truly matters for each team as they pursue that goal. Ohio state still has penn state and meatchicken after that. Wisky has a clear path. But neither team is upset proof either. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s too early to know whether they will end up playing each other again, so it truly matters for each team as they pursue that goal. Ohio state still has penn state and meatchicken after that. Wisky has a clear path. But neither team is upset proof either. 

I’m grateful that a top conference title game won’t be an obvious joke at this point in the season

i knew deep down it had to happen one of these yearzzzz

Seems the majority of top CCGs are an undefeated team beating the living bag out of a 4-loss joke from the other division

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

big 12 undefeated takes out Oregon in a picosecond.

long shots..... SMU, Minnesota, Appalachian State.....   Gophers won't be a fluky pick if they run the table in the B1G (not bloody likely....)

No doubt, Oregon has to run the table and get some help.  Just wishful thinking at this point.

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually picked Oregon too back in August 

I thought they looked like the better team for most of the Auburn game, then mismanaged, got outcoached and choked it away at the end imo. Not a big fan of their OC but they have a good defense, o line and QB. I think they could still win out but they will need a lot of help to get to the playoff.

10 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I thought they looked like the better team for most of the Auburn game, then mismanaged, got outcoached and choked it away at the end imo. Not a big fan of their OC but they have a good defense, o line and QB. I think they could still win out but they will need a lot of help to get to the playoff.

If Auburn remains their only loss and they win the PAC 12 i think they have a shot 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.