Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

On 7/25/2019 at 9:52 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I need to get some insight into some things in fall camp before I can predict my 4... but I think LSU is going to claim one of spots. Am I crazy?

Nope

On 7/25/2019 at 2:23 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Alabama

Clemson

Ohio State 

Oklahoma

Ugh , sick of these teams 

On 7/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, row_33 said:

Please give us two new teams this year 

Nothing would make my day more than Wisconsin running people over for the championship, doubtful but would be a blast watching old man football beating the new kids up.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:10 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I’m a no on UGA. Not going to be in my 4.

Kirrrr-by Smart doo doo doo doo doo doo

*sing to tune of Baby Shark*

LOL awesome !!

On 9/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, Cynical said:

I don't think the committee will put 2 teams from the same conference again unless its pretty clear the 2nd conference team is just plain better than anybody else.

I miss the BCS days. Far more simpler.

No thanks.

I want a playoff schedule just like the other college football division does.

Bowl games blow, teams resting for a month coming in rusty as hell and not playing up to their potential.

Its going to be awhile but someday the bowls will be gone and playoffs will be fun and exciting just like March madness.

In the end I think it will be:

1. LSU                              2. Clemson

vs.             ----------               vs.      

4. Ohio St.                       3. Oklahoma

Edited by H2o

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

In the end I think it will be:

1. LSU                              2. Clemson

vs.             ----------               vs.      

4. Ohio St.                       3. Oklahoma

I would love to see the all- transfer portal CFP:

LSU/Burrow vs OSU

oklahoma/Hurts vs Bama 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would love to see the all- transfer portal CFP:

LSU/Burrow vs OSU

oklahoma/Hurts vs Bama 

I think that LSU runs the table and that a 1 loss Alabama gets left out because the other teams go undefeated as well. I like Wisconsin too, but I think Ohio St. just has too much fire power for them to keep up. I don't see anyone in the Big 12 beating OU. They actually have something that resembles a defense this year as well which is a little scary. Clemson is going to breeze through the ACC, but this year they are SURELY beatable and I expect them to lose in the CFP Semi's. In the end I am expecting an LSU vs. OU title game with LSU taking home the hardware. 

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

UGA could be done. Not really  that shocking. They had shown issues all year offensively. Their pass game just isn't very consistent. No big play threats. Fromm is erratic, doesn't have a lot of mobility.

My years of watching college football have taught me that teams with a great offensive or defensive line are very hard to defeat. Georgia is said to have the very best OL in the NCAA.

I watched South Carolina play against Bama and they are good. Should Georgia have lost that game? No freaking way. Fromm? He is a very smart game manager. He doesn't have Josh Allen talent but you can win with guys like Fromm in college.

I'm not going to kick Georgia while they are down. As you well know, good teams can have bad games. Georgia lost to a team that they should have beaten.

Let's see what happens down the road. They might be OK. I don't think that many teams outside the SEC could beat Georgia.

Do you?

On 10/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, njbuff said:

This year it's tough. Clemson and Alabama are no gimmies, except maybe Clemson's schedule.

Of course. Alabama still has to play at least 2 (perhaps even 3) excellent teams. They can lose, absolutely.

Clemson played a good Texas A&M and has a game left with a good (but not at all great) South Carolina team. 

Oklahoma feeds on week sisters.

Do tell, why didn't you include Ohio State in your post? They have some tough games remaining. Do you view Ohio State as 100% unbeatable?

16 hours ago, row_33 said:

A very unbrave and obvious....

Clemson

Alabama

Ohio State

Oklahoma

(don’t bet the farm or put any emotional risk on LSU beating Bama....)

I hope that you are right but a Bama win seems to be far from a given. 

The biggest edge that the Tide has over LSU is the head coach.

Well, the QB and the receivers aren't so bad either but the game is by no means a sure win for Alabama. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I hope that you are right but a Bama win seems to be far from a given. 

The biggest edge that the Tide has over LSU is the head coach.

Well, the QB and the receivers aren't so bad either but the game is by no means a sure win for Alabama. 

that’s okay for you to be anxious 

it just seems LSU will always blink first in all sports when it’s crunch time

20 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

My years of watching college football have taught me that teams with a great offensive or defensive line are very hard to defeat. Georgia is said to have the very best OL in the NCAA.

I watched South Carolina play against Bama and they are good. Should Georgia have lost that game? No freaking way. Fromm? He is a very smart game manager. He doesn't have Josh Allen talent but you can win with guys like Fromm in college.

I'm not going to kick Georgia while they are down. As you well know, good teams can have bad games. Georgia lost to a team that they should have beaten.

Let's see what happens down the road. They might be OK. I don't think that many teams outside the SEC could beat Georgia.

Do you?

Of course they can lose to a team outside of the SEC. Dont even get where that question is coming from. They have a prehistoric offense and don’t trust Fromm to throw it downfield.  South Carolina isn’t good. They aren’t ranked. They lost to UNC. They were playing a 3rd string QB.  If they were any good UGA wouldn’t have been favored by 4 scores.Technically they could still get in the playoff but the committee seems to rely a lot on the eye test (which I agree should be a factor)  so I doubt it unless they win the SEC, which I also doubt. That’s why I said they “could be done” not that they “are done.” I didn’t think they were a playoff team before the season and I still don’t because they just aren’t a “great”  team and it’s too hard to get in that top 4. They are a good team, just not a great team. They are still in the top 10. crazier things have happened, for sure. Their biggest issue is their offensive scheme imo. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, H2o said:

I think that LSU runs the table and that a 1 loss Alabama gets left out because the other teams go undefeated as well. I like Wisconsin too, but I think Ohio St. just has too much fire power for them to keep up. I don't see anyone in the Big 12 beating OU. They actually have something that resembles a defense this year as well which is a little scary. Clemson is going to breeze through the ACC, but this year they are SURELY beatable and I expect them to lose in the CFP Semi's. In the end I am expecting an LSU vs. OU title game with LSU taking home the hardware. 

I picked LSU to win the SEC before the season but their defense is actually concerning me. I thought it would be better than it is right now. Now I’m not sure they do beat Bama. Can’t wait for that game, should be a good one. Possibly high scoring, which is the opposite of how it was with these two teams when they were duking it out for the conference (and national title) a few years ago.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.