Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

12 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Who is your favorite college team?

Growing up in Buffalo I didn't have one...I was a Bills and Sabres guy as soon as I could walk and talk.  I liked Michigan and almost went to undergrad there, but then I was accepted at UNC-Chapel Hill, visited, and the rest was history.  So UNC is my favorite team, but since I went to grad school at UB I also pull for the Bulls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Bold move with that hindsight. 

Not hindsight.. since as you can see I didn’t pick Bama to be in the playoff before the season. Stating you can put them in “permanent marker” and no one else matters ... that was certainly bold. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not hindsight.. since as you can see I didn’t pick Bama to be in the playoff before the season. Stating you can put them in “permanent marker” and no one else matters ... that was certainly bold. 

It's still true. I hate Bama, but they damn near pulled it out with a backup QB. They'll be the pre-season #1.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's still true. I hate Bama, but they damn near pulled it out with a backup QB. They'll be the pre-season #1.

No they didn’t 

polls are meaningless until November, staying undefeated is the most important thing

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

They lost the one game they needed to win to get in the playoff while they still had Tua.

I don’t know where they will be ranked next year and it doesn’t really matter. They are always good but it’s really hard to make it to the last 4 so I don’t ever write in any team in “permanent marker.”

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I know you are a Bama man.

what do you think is UGA’s chances verse LSU? 

Call me crazy but I predict an upset. Georgia is tough enough to beat people up on defense. Alabama just wasn't this year, too many losses due to injury. Kirby knows what to do against LSU, no?

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Call me crazy but I predict an upset. Georgia is tough enough to beat people up on defense. Alabama just wasn't this year, too many losses due to injury. Kirby knows what to do against LSU, no?

LSU absolutely throttled them last year. I don’t know if that means anything but UGA was a pretty big favorite and got beat by 20. It’s going to be interesting. UGA is like the opposite of LSU. If they can keep this game tight they can win. They just can’t get down 2 scores. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

hoping LSU buckles under the pressure as usual

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

LSU absolutely throttled them last year. I don’t know if that means anything but UGA was a pretty big favorite and got beat by 20. It’s going to be interesting. UGA is like the opposite of LSU. If they can keep this game tight they can win. They just can’t get down 2 scores. 

I have a feeling LSU is going to reclaim the #1 seed if they win. Style points are going to be big this week and with Fields playing hurt it’s hard to say how that game will go. Wisky sacked him 5 times 6 weeks ago. Pass pro from the OTs is the one weak spot. If he has limited mobility it will get interesting. He’s going to wear a knee brace but I’m concerned. Don’t want to see Chugs unless it’s at the end.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling LSU is going to reclaim the #1 seed if they win. Style points are going to be big this week and with Fields playing hurt it’s hard to say how that game will go. Wisky sacked him 5 times 6 weeks ago. Pass pro from the OTs is the one weak spot. If he has limited mobility it will get interesting. He’s going to wear a knee brace but I’m concerned. Don’t want to see Chugs unless it’s at the end.

If any year was important to have the 1 seed it is this year. You want to avoid Clemson in a “winner take all” type of game. I’ll take my chances with OU or Utah 8 days a week.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If any year was important to have the 1 seed it is this year. You want to avoid Clemson in a “winner take all” type of game. I’ll take my chances with OU or Utah 8 days a week.

For sure. And the committee has it set up for osu to stay there by putting Wisky at 8, only dropping Michigan one spot, and by dropping bama to 12. But I just don’t know if the style points will be there tomorrow with Fields injury. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For sure. And the committee has it set up for osu to stay there by putting Wisky at 8, only dropping Michigan one spot, and by dropping bama to 12. But I just don’t know if the style points will be there tomorrow with Fields injury. 

I agree. I’m hoping that it is a “workmanlike” 38-20 type of performance. They don’t need Fields to be spectacular. He needs to be efficient and make plays with his arm on 3rd down. Dobbins needs to keep them ahead of the chains on the early downs.

If UGA can keep it close we won’t see it move IMO. If LSU dominates and OSU doesn’t we may see a flip flop Sunday Morning. I’m really hoping that isn’t the case. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree. I’m hoping that it is a “workmanlike” 38-20 type of performance. They don’t need Fields to be spectacular. He needs to be efficient and make plays with his arm on 3rd down. Dobbins needs to keep them ahead of the chains on the early downs.

If UGA can keep it close we won’t see it move IMO. If LSU dominates and OSU doesn’t we may see a flip flop Sunday Morning. I’m really hoping that isn’t the case. 

I expect the defense to rise up considerably from last week. Outside of Taylor, Wisconsin is less talented at the skill positions than Michigan and we have Wade and Arnett back this week so won’t be throwing raw corners out there again. On a fast track indoors the speed difference should be evident. Day said they sent video to the big 10 about the uncalled holding that took place on Young last week so that should curb that stuff a bit. The OL is other huge key to this game. The interior OL has been amazing and needs to continue, the OTs need to take it up a notch but they are finally healthy. The bottom line is that Fields has answered the bell every week, hurt or not, but he needs to be kept clean on Sat if they want the best chance at the title. 

• Like (+1) 1

i ask that maybe 2 of the remaining big games are close enough to bother with into the 4th quarter

it is a lot to ask for in CCG slate and the Playoff....  :(

not that the Pac12 and ACC games have ever best must-see TV...

Edited by row_33

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i ask that maybe 2 of the remaining big games are close enough to bother with into the 4th quarter

it is a lot to ask for in CCG slate and the Playoff....  :(

not that the Pac12 and ACC games have ever best must-see TV...

I think Utah-Oregon could be a great game. The analytics love Utah, but i think Oregon is the better team 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.