Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure it will be LSU. They thoroughly dominated the #4 team. 

it’s sure as heck is not the #4 team after getting demolished

So it all took care of itself as usual

so hopefully 1 or 2 games will be entertaining 

27 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Man...Buckeyes scared me

Fields is a stud. Nowhere near a finished product either. Have to keep reminding myself this is just his first year starting. 27 unanswered points against the #8 team. Wisconsin is really good. I wonder if Rose Bowl will take them or Penn St. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 12/8/2019 at 5:17 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So wish Oregon was in this, had a real shot till they lost 2 games, Tired of watching Oklahoma in the playoffs.

glad Alabama is out.

really need to expand the playoffs.

Why do they need to expand the playoffs?  They got the three teams in that deserve to play for the NC.  Oklahoma is the best of the rest I guess but I will be shocked if LSU doesn't beat them by at least 10.  

Oregon/Utah/Alabama/Notre dame/Georgia - They shouldn't of loss that second game if they wanted to get in.  

44 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why do they need to expand the playoffs?  They got the three teams in that deserve to play for the NC.  Oklahoma is the best of the rest I guess but I will be shocked if LSU doesn't beat them by at least 10.  

Oregon/Utah/Alabama/Notre dame/Georgia - They shouldn't of loss that second game if they wanted to get in.  

Good post!

I too think that 4 teams is enough, unless they cancel the conference championship games. I don't think its fair to ask the kids to play more games and risk their health/future.

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ESpin sure thinks so. But that was back in February. Surely things must have come together for them by August oh wait

ESPN?  The Mark May Career Memorial anti-tOSU House of Communications?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

because playoffs are fun and more teams would be more fun, It also allows good teams to have a chance. By your perspective the NFL should just take the top three teams plus one and call it good.

Every sport has a real playoff to determine the champion, not this dog and pony show.thre

Dont worry full playoffs will happen some day and then we will all enjoy a great tournament and wonder why this wasnt done sooner.

last year with the "top four" we had 2 massacres and an 11 point win, can't even be bothered with the details, more teams will give us even more massacres

hoping for those 88--0 wins of Ohio State over Northern Illinois, and LSU wins 110-0 over SMU

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

because playoffs are fun and more teams would be more fun, It also allows good teams to have a chance. By your perspective the NFL should just take the top three teams plus one and call it good.

Every sport has a real playoff to determine the champion, not this dog and pony show.thre

Dont worry full playoffs will happen some day and then we will all enjoy a great tournament and wonder why this wasnt done sooner.

I feel like the current conference championship games = basically the 1st rd of the playoffs. First you need to win your division, then the conference. Those that do that move on. The tough part is there are 5 conferences and 4 spots. But that’s what makes every week so critical in CFB unlike the NFL

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like the current conference championship games = basically the 1st rd of the playoffs. First you need to win your division, then the conference. Those that do that move on. The tough part is there are 5 conferences and 4 spots. But that’s what makes every week so critical in CFB unlike the NFL

some people keep wanting more and more

i would only allow it if these people would have to be forced to sit there and watch all the horrible blowouts right to the bitter end of every one of them

this CCG weekend was a blowout-fest as well, not sure what tOSU was doing the first half but they righted the ship at the half

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that sucks having to be perfect every week, too many good teams out there just to have 4 spots. It gives no incentive to teams with two losses or more to keep trying. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think that sucks having to be perfect every week, too many good teams out there just to have 4 spots. It gives no incentive to teams with two losses or more to keep trying. 

Universities are behind all this, they are there mostly for education and research, with a sprinkling of sports.

They aren’t there to relieve your boredom and lack of useful imagination by playing more and more pointless games

What do you do when I suggest we don’t need horrible blowouts disguised as more playoffs.... do you just sit there for five seconds and go DUH and the hurt in your brain goes away and you carry on without a thought?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.