Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Utah-Oregon could be a great game. The analytics love Utah, but i think Oregon is the better team 

it's the first one, so i can watch it with the promise of "spring" and novelty

oh wait, Office Party tonight and i didn't set it to tape, oh well....

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

it's the first one, so i can watch it with the promise of "spring" and novelty

oh wait, Office Party tonight and i didn't set it to tape, oh well....

Where’s the party? Usually these games are great to have on in the background at holiday parties when you don’t want to talk to people you can pretend to be immersed in the game 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where’s the party? Usually these games are great to have on in the background at holiday parties when you don’t want to talk to people you can pretend to be immersed in the game 

Boutique firm and everyone knows everyone for 25 years, great meal and drinks and wine and enjoyment and a taxi ride home

Almost like family, not quite...

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yep, so much for Utah. Pulling for Baylor today just in the hopes of seeing someone different get in. I think LSU pummels Georgia, Ohio St. does the same to Wisconsin, and Clemson vs UVA will be laughable. 

The annual ritual slaughters in the CCGs today

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Don’t really spend any time on this board but just stumbled over here and onto this thread. Man, pretty fun one to look back on. Lotta crazy stuff happens in college football throughout the course of a season! 

FWIW, the college sub-forum always has a lot of good discussion. It’s interesting because we have a bunch of different fan bases represented. You get to hear perspective on other teams from those that are way more informed on them. 

Additionally, it’s a great place to hear about draft prospects. We can read all we want about these kids but it’s always interesting to hear what those who followed closest think. As an example at some point I’m sure we will have @BillfromNYC and @BillsFanCRNA discussing the differences between the 3 Alabama WRs. I think that the Bills go WR in round 1 and I think all 3 Bama guys go in that round. To me, I know basically what each of them does well but my knowledge is very surface level. I’d love to hear them talking about what separates them from each other.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A couple of my die hard UGA friends have convinced themselves that UGA can lose a close game today and still get in if Baylor beats Oklahoma.

I’m a UGA fan but don’t see it. Baylor has to get in if they win and UGA loses, right?

The committee has never put a 2 loss team in the playoff so precedent says no. Can’t see a scenario where they would get in over Baylor where baylor’s 1 loss is to 6th ranked  Oklahoma, and UGA has 2, one to unranked SC. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A couple of my die hard UGA friends have convinced themselves that UGA can lose a close game today and still get in if Baylor beats Oklahoma.

I’m a UGA fan but don’t see it. Baylor has to get in if they win and UGA loses, right?

it would be hard to take a two loss team over a one loss big conference champ

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The committee has never put a 2 loss team in the playoff so precedent says no. Can’t see a scenario where they would get in over Baylor where baylor’s 1 loss is to 6th ranked  Oklahoma, and UGA has 2, one to unranked SC. 

I think at this point it's Ohio State (win or lose), LSU (win or lose), and Clemson (assuming they win) no matter what.  If LSU loses then Oklahoma/Baylor probably get left out.  It would get really fun if Clemson somehow gets upset.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.