Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Welp, this Alabama team just isn’t the same as the last few years. There’s no defense. They didn’t deserve a spot with a win IMo. You can’t have 1 ranked win and get in with nothing else of substance on your resume. They ended up with no ranked wins. 

forget it without Tua anyway

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's great to watch Saban completely melt down on the sidelines. A year without Bama in the CFP is a good year. :thumbsup:

Yep. Maybe it’s a year for the good guys, and the dark lord BB and the Pats* won’t be in the Super Bowl either. A great college playoff and a Pats free SB would be a great thing. 

I would love to see a team like Utah get in the CFP. They play great defense and do enough on offense. Georgia will catch another L in the SEC title game which will eliminate them. Ohio St., LSU, and Clemson are clearly the 3 best teams. I'm hoping for some new blood in at #4. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What happened to the bama defense? Auburn offense was brutal coming into this game 

Worst year for injuries on that side of the ball in a decade. Alongside the continual loss of players early to the NFL, and the third DC in four years (who is in over his head, IMO) = Worst Saban defense since he left Michigan State.

Additionally, 17 of those points were gifted via 2 pick-sixes, and that abortion of officiating at the end of the first half...

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

@YoloinOhio - I see you. 

Fair enough. I take this one as an L. The only team I think can best Ohio State now is Clemson if they are at their best offensively and firing on all cylinders. But Ohio State are the Nat Champ favs. 

I agreed with you as you recall. Surprised they pulled it off. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was a stark comparison. Lovie Smith and his magic beard and band of 2 stars have more top 25 wins than Bama = insane 

I know this comment is more about Bama than Illinois, but credit where credit is due for Lovie— his team played good football this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Georgia beats LSU

LSU vs tOSU

Georgia vs Clemson

If LSU beats Georgia and Oklahoma beats Baylor

Oklahoma vs LSU

tOSU vs Clemson

If LSU beats Georgia, and Baylor beats Oklahoma, and Utah beats Oregon

Utah vs LSU

tOSU vs Clemson

If LSU beats Georgia, and Baylor beats Oklahoma, and Oregon beats Utah

Baylor vs LSU

tOSU vs Clemson

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If Georgia beats LSU

LSU vs tOSU

Georgia vs Clemson

If LSU beats Georgia and Oklahoma beats Baylor

Oklahoma vs LSU

tOSU vs Clemson

If LSU beats Georgia, and Baylor beats Oklahoma, and Utah beats Oregon

Utah vs LSU

tOSU vs Clemson

If LSU beats Georgia, and Baylor beats Oklahoma, and Oregon beats Utah

Baylor vs LSU

tOSU vs Clemson

What if Wisky beats tOSU

On 11/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Michigan is not good- Big 10 order is OSU at the top and then in some order Minn//Wisc/Penn st

I stand corrected Michigan stinks & they should of fired Harbaugh the moment that game ended.  

On 11/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I respectfully disagree and also think that Auburn would not be a pushover for Ohio State. Auburn can pretty much play with anyone imo.

The way to beat them (again, imo) is to contain their young qb and force mistakes. Their DL keeps them in games.

Alabama's defense is banged up. With Tua hurt, the main advantage the Tide has over Auburn is Nick Saban (OK, the receivers too lol).  I hope it is enough.

You are correct sir, Michigan stinks.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, YoloinOhio said:

What happened to the bama defense? Auburn offense was brutal coming into this game 

After Da'Ron Payne and Quinnen Williams, they lacked that star player at nose. This is very important in a Saban defense. The top rated defensive end in the country coming out of high school lost his mind and didn't play. Oh, and their 2 stand out ILBs were lost for the season in training camp. Not bad enough? The top ranked freshman running back in the country was also injured in camp and lost for the season. Yeah, I suspect that Trey Sanders would have helped time of possession just a bit.

Still, the team worked hard and tried. It's not as if our coach was Urban Meyer, whose wife said  he was laying on the floor trying to cry after Coach Saban beat him.

Good luck with OSU in the upcoming weeks. They do look strong and I hope they don't have their yearly meltdown.

Edited by Bill from NYC

27 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

After Da'Ron Payne and Quinnen Williams, they lacked that star player at nose. This is very important in a Saban defense. The top rated defensive end in the country coming out of high school lost his mind and didn't play. Oh, and their 2 stand out ILBs were ;lost for the season in training camp. Not bad enough? The top ranked freshman running back in the country was also injured in camp and lost for the season. Yeah, I suspect that Trey Sanders would have helped time of possession just a bit.

Still, the team worked hard and tried. It's not as if our coach was Urban Meyer, whose wife said  he was laying on the floor trying to cry after Coach Saban beat him.

Good luck with OSU in the upcoming weeks. They do look strong and I hope they don't have their yearly meltdown.

Mostly good points, your team has to lose at some point in the real world

deal with it...

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Mostly good points, your team has to lose at some point in the real world

deal with it...

How am I not dealing with it? They did NOT deserve to make the playoffs this year having given up that amount of points, and without Tua.

The things that I listed above were real events, including the lack of a great nose.

Alabama has lots of titles and will win more at some point.

I am just fine, thanks.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

How am I not dealing with it? They did NOT deserve to make the playoffs this year having given up that amount of points, and without Tua.

The things that I listed above were real events, including the lack of a great nose.

Alabama has lots of titles and will win more at some point.

I am just fine, thanks.

you are rattled...  it’s okay

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.