Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

LOL.  Bama is already in unless they lose again. 

Bama

Ohio State assuming they win out

Clemson assuming the same

LSU if they win out but if they lose it will go to Georgia, Big 10 or PAC.  LSU would magically fall behind Bama if they lose.  Tua's injury casts a smidgen of doubt but I think the committee would still just give it to em.

they did drop Oregon to 14, and moved Baylor up to 9 - so that shows their opinion of those conference races.  I think if either Utah or Oklahoma win out and are a 1 loss conf champ they grab the 4th spot given the scenario above plays out. If both win, looks like they may give the big 12 the edge. But they’ve been harping on things like balance, defense, etc so that favors Utah over Oklahoma 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Kirby, I'm not sure why everybody thinks that this game will be so easy for Alabama. Just like I do with the Bills, I watch every play of every Bama game. They have a weakness this year and it is at nose. Gone are the days of Da'Ron Payne and Quinnen Williams. Saban defenses really need a strong nose, one who is also a penetrating pass rusher. This situation was made worse by the injuries to BOTH inside LBs who were lost for the year in camp (one was very good, the other great). The freshmen are studs but are still learning a very complicated system.

Also, it should not take 4 scores. Alabama is better than Utah. The Utah defense is supposedly good, right. Do ya think that Utah can cover the Bama receivers. Seriously Kirby? Oklahoma? They beat them with a much better quarterback than Hurts, and the Sooners have zero defense.

My point is that a decisive win should really get Alabama in, not 4 scores.

Hey, if these other teams are so wonderful, Ohio State Fans should WANT to play the Crimson Tide, no? ;)

Oh, I have no issue playing this Alabama team. I’ve been saying all year that they weren’t the same team. I predicted a double digit win by LSU and without that 85 yard TD with a minute to go it would have been. 

Now, I think that they are better than an average Auburn team. They need to win convincingly to have any shot. They don’t have any good wins and won’t play for a conference titles. When you put their resume side-by-side with OU, OU has the superior resume (assuming they win out). They will have beaten the team ranked 9 twice. They will have wins over a ranked Iowa State, a ranked Oklahoma State and a ranked, at the time UT. They will have a conference championship as well. It’s going to be tough, if not impossible, for Alabama with 1 ranked win (and Auburn may fall out of the rankings with a bad loss) and no conference championship. 

I don’t think that’s a controversial opinion at all. I’m fact, every expert on that show last night said that. Utah is the other team that has an argument. I just don’t see enough quality wins because the PAC isn’t very good. They have been really tough though. I think OU jumps them both with a win in Bedlam and conference championship win over Baylor.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh, I have no issue playing this Alabama team. I’ve been saying all year that they weren’t the same team. I predicted a double digit win by LSU and without that 85 yard TD with a minute to go it would have been. 

Now, I think that they are better than an average Auburn team. They need to win convincingly to have any shot. They don’t have any good wins and won’t play for a conference titles. When you put their resume side-by-side with OU, OU has the superior resume (assuming they win out). They will have beaten the team ranked 9 twice. They will have wins over a ranked Iowa State, a ranked Oklahoma State and a ranked, at the time UT. They will have a conference championship as well. It’s going to be tough, if not impossible, for Alabama with 1 ranked win (and Auburn may fall out of the rankings with a bad loss) and no conference championship. 

I don’t think that’s a controversial opinion at all. I’m fact, every expert on that show last night said that. Utah is the other team that has an argument. I just don’t see enough quality wins because the PAC isn’t very good. They have been really tough though. I think OU jumps them both with a win in Bedlam and conference championship win over Baylor.

Fans and especially announcers spend large portions of their lives dreaming of playoffs sans Alabama. It gives them a wider audience. Texas a 9th ranked team? We both know that they pretty much suck. I view them as comparable to Tennessee. I mean really. :rolleyes: In fact that entire conference pretty much sucks.

Again, injuries to key players (to include 2 top 10 freshmen and 2 ILBs) and the lack of a nose truly did hurt Alabama, let alone the loss of Tua. I'm the first to admit this. Do I think that under these conditions that they are as good as Ohio State? Nope. But they absolutely are better than anyone in the Big 12 or the PAC 12. Much better. :) Utah and Oklahoma combined could not stop the Tide's 4 great receivers and Auburn would destroy either of those teams.

Once again, jmo.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Fans and especially announcers spend large portions of their lives dreaming of playoffs sans Alabama. It gives them a wider audience. Texas a 9th ranked team? We both know that they pretty much suck. I view them as comparable to Tennessee. I mean really. :rolleyes: In fact that entire conference pretty much sucks.

Again, injuries to key players (to include 2 top 10 freshmen and 2 ILBs) and the lack of a nose truly did hurt Alabama, let alone the loss of Tua. I'm the first to admit this. Do I think that under these conditions that they are as good as Ohio State? Nope. But they absolutely are better than anyone in the Big 12 or the PAC 12. Much better. :) Utah and Oklahoma combined could not stop the Tide's 4 great receivers and Auburn would destroy either of those teams.

Once again, jmo.

Baylor is 9. OU will have wins against Baylor, Baylor, Texas, Iowa State and Oklahoma State. That’s 5 ranked wins and a conference title. I don’t know how the committee can put in a team with 1 ranked win and no conference title? It just isn’t going to happen. I think Alabama would be OU. I think OU is more deserving of the spot. I guess it comes down to that (again that assumes 2 more ranked wins for OU). 

I haven’t seen enough of Utah. They play too late. Admittedly, I have a very low opinion of the PAC so I don’t make time for any of those teams. I saw them once and they lost. 

This just feels like the year that Bama is going to be out. It’s the perfect storm. They lost, at home, to the one elite opponent that they played. The next best team that they played (Auburn) was ranked 15 at the time. That’s a good win but it is not going to push them over the top IMO. 

It will all play out in the next few weeks too. There are a bunch of ranked vs. ranked matchups left. I doubt that it goes chalk all the way through.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:45 PM, 4merper4mer said:

LOL.  Bama is already in unless they lose again. 

Bama

Ohio State assuming they win out

Clemson assuming the same

LSU if they win out but if they lose it will go to Georgia, Big 10 or PAC.  LSU would magically fall behind Bama if they lose.  Tua's injury casts a smidgen of doubt but I think the committee would still just give it to em.

Bama didn’t let either of the two ranked teams it played score over 50; not sure how you keep them out of the playoff.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bama goes DOINK!!! on a chip shot FG to tie

and Bama goes DUH with 4 stupid penalties in the last 5 minutes

buh bye

It's great to watch Saban completely melt down on the sidelines. A year without Bama in the CFP is a good year. :thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.