Predict the 4 teams in the playoff for college 2019-2020

major

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m good with 8 teams. 5 conference champs, highest ranked non-power 5 team and 2 wildcards. It really isn’t that complicated. This is exactly what it should look like.

24 teams, lets do this !!

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

I’ve never wanted the super

the system is fine as it is

It’s just college football, it’s overdone as it is

over done ?? Not even close, playoffs or bust.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

24 teams, lets do this !!

over done ?? Not even close, playoffs or bust.

I don’t need 24 teams because that makes the regular season pretty useless. The reality is in any given year less than a dozen teams could actually win it. That’s not because the others are not given a chance though. As an example Navy would be in the 24 now. Could Navy ever run a gauntlet of something like: Wisconsin, Penn State, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU? Of course they couldn’t win those 5 consecutively. It’s not even worth bothering. 8 teams is the right number. 

the 8th place team would lose 55-0 to the top team, probably the same for 7th against #2

enough already

games of playoff critical interest this weekend:

NOON:  Bama/Miss St

3:30  Ohio State/Rutgers

4:00  Minnesota/Iowa

7:00  LSU/Ole Miss

7:30  Oklahoma/Baylor

and Oregon and Utah have easy wins at home

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t need 24 teams because that makes the regular season pretty useless. The reality is in any given year less than a dozen teams could actually win it. That’s not because the others are not given a chance though. As an example Navy would be in the 24 now. Could Navy ever run a gauntlet of something like: Wisconsin, Penn State, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU? Of course they couldn’t win those 5 consecutively. It’s not even worth bothering. 8 teams is the right number. 

Same could be said for basketball but people still love it and cant wait for march madness.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Same could be said for basketball but people still love it and cant wait for march madness.

the score and dynamic of a football game is exponentially larger than a basketball game

Most “fans” of March madness are there  because they fill out a bracket without knowing the names of two players in college hoops

you could give them the women’s bracket and 95 percent wouldn’t notice

it meets some mass delusion of giving an opinion without any grounds at all

Edited by row_33

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not even a little scared of LSU (and they are good). The only team with a prayer to beat Ohio State is Clemson. The Bucks are also Clemson’s toughest matchup.

I still have PTSD from the last Clemson matchup. I know everything is different now but .... too soon

I'm still sticking with

Clemson

2 SEC (LSU, Georgia, Alabama)

4th slot is still the B1G to lose:

Undefeated Ohio State

1 Loss B1G Champ (Ohio State, Penn St, Minnesota)

1 Loss non Division Champ Ohio State (loss to Penn St or Minnesota)

1 Loss Oklahoma

1 Loss PAC-12 Champ (Oregon or Utah)

Edited by /dev/null

On 11/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, /dev/null said:

I'm still sticking with

Clemson

2 SEC (LSU, Georgia, Alabama)

4th slot is still the B1G to lose:

Undefeated Ohio State

1 Loss B1G Champ (Ohio State, Penn St, Minnesota)

1 Loss non Division Champ Ohio State (loss to Penn St or Minnesota)

1 Loss Oklahoma

1 Loss PAC-12 Champ (Oregon or Utah)

Well, Oregon is out which helps Oklahoma and LSU/Alabama/Georgia.  I don't think Utah gets in even if they beat Oregon.  Ohio State should win out.  Georgia's offense is unimpressive and I think they'll lose by double digits to LSU.  I think the 4th spot will come down to who's more impressive.  Oklahoma against Baylor or Alabama against Auburn?  I trust Alabama and Nick Saban more in that scenario.  Oklahoma holding onto dear life against TCU also doesn't help.

My guess right now is

1.)  LSU

2.) Ohio State

3.)  Clemson

4.)  Alabama (sigh)

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well, Oregon is out which helps Oklahoma and LSU/Alabama/Georgia.  I don't think Utah gets in even if they beat Oregon.  Ohio State should win out.  Georgia's offense is unimpressive and I think they'll lose by double digits to LSU.  I think the 4th spot will come down to who's more impressive.  Oklahoma against Baylor or Alabama against Auburn?  I trust Alabama and Nick Saban more in that scenario.  Oklahoma holding onto dear life against TCU also doesn't help.

My guess right now is

1.)  LSU

2.) Ohio State

3.)  Clemson

4.)  Alabama (sigh)

Why don’t you think Utah gets in if they win the PAC 12? They’ve looked great.

15 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Brand matters. If Bama wins at Auburn with a backup QB (and that's pretty unlikely IMO), they are in.

Their best win would be over a 4 loss team, and no conference championship. Bama currently has no top 25 wins. They just don’t have the resume this year to jump Utah as a 1 loss conference champ. Utah still has to win out obviously. Bama has a path but it’s very narrow. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their best win would be over a 4 loss team, and no conference championship. Bama currently has no top 25 wins. They just don’t have the resume this year to jump Utah as a 1 loss conference champ. Utah still has to win out obviously. Bama has a path but it’s very narrow. 

I don't disagree. The resume is weak. However, I just don't believe it will matter. Bama wins Saturday, and they're in. I believe the committee is going to default to the big name, right or wrong. Utah has a much worse loss, and now the conference championship game will be devalued a bit (given the Oregon loss). That will be all the excuse they need. Although, as I stated already, I don't think Bama wins this weekend, thus making it a moot point.

Edited by BillsFanCRNA

5 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

I don't disagree. The resume is weak. However, I just don't believe it will matter. Bama wins Saturday, and they're in. I believe the committee is going to default to the big name, right or wrong. Utah has a much worse loss, and now the conference championship game will be devalued a bit (given the Oregon loss). That will be all the excuse they need. Although, as I stated already, I don't think Bama wins this weekend, thus making it a moot point.

Auburn offense has no pulse. Bama will win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.