J. Palmer on Allen ‘blue collar, work ethic, farmer’

On 7/24/2019 at 4:56 AM, Boca BIlls said:

Dear God man... Stop with this crap. Two different scenarios, one is Matt and then later Beasley is talking about a route where the ball is supposed to be on him the second he turns around. I hate when people troll for controversy.

Yes just watched it again and you basically made this whole BS up. Good job.

Seriously, what? It's obvious that Beasley is asking him to throw the ball sooner, and Allen defensively explains why he doesn't have to. Trolling? Not... Not at all? So confused.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
If you feel you are being bullied, the "report" function is at your service.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

EJ was a highly recruited High School prospect whose Dad was friends with Bruce Smith.

His was given every opportunity to succeed in college and the pro's.

I hoped he would be a great franchise QB for the Bills.  He wasn't.

Josh Allen went to JUCO and was throwing cantaloupe crates on the trailer.

That's blue collar in my book and I also hope he becomes a great franchise QB for the Bills.

It’s really hard to compare the two, hard to see what’s under the hood so to speak. The only attribute I can really see Josh having more of is confidence. He is convinced that he will succeed!! When asked if he ever doubted that he would get to the NFL he quickly and firmly said no.

I don’t know who worked harder, but I m sure glad we have Allen!!

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Seriously, what? It's obvious that Beasley is asking him to throw the ball sooner, and Allen defensively explains why he doesn't have to. Trolling? Not... Not at all? So confused.

I swear I can't post on here without borderline cyber-bullying or actual cyber-bullying in response.

It’s cult like if you don’t agree with the majority.  There was nothing rooting wrong with your criticism and non Bills fans would say the same.  You didn’t say Allen sucked or couldn’t improve.  Everyone is so sensitive.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I swear I can't post on here without borderline cyber-bullying or actual cyber-bullying in response.

Stop it.  You know you're not being bullied just as much as everyone else knows you're a troll.

Try to be better at it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

This place is quite biased against non-homers. 

I respectfully disagree. There is a significant cabal on the boards who almost reflexively take issue with most of the Bills’ moves and/or roster quality, yet have not been banned or barred from expressing themselves however they please. The fact that any opinions here are subject to push-back is hardly a sign of bias—make rational arguments supported by facts and citations, and let good discussions flow from there. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There are some very whiny blue collar people out there who complain about everything and everyone.   There are white collar people who do what you describe blue collar people as. 

I would bet bet a lot of people would say Brady and Rodgers are white collar.  But those dudes were completely overlooked and worked their butts off to get where they are at.  

Ironic.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Kind of an odd statement from a Bills fan. You'd think most Bills fans would appreciate the value of blue collar lunch pail farm boy types.

Blue collar lunch pail farm boys don't retire at halftime. They don't let their mouth do all talking and walk off the field in a huff because they didn't get enough attention during a game. They don't ignore a kid looking for an autograph, and they don't take days off. They know half an effort is no effort, and they know everything works better when everyone works together. And they know how to lead and be leaders.

So, y'know...yeah, accuracy...but accuracy minus solid core and work ethic = backup QB.

You should know by now that this fanbase has a fixed percentage of permanently miserable whiners and rear-view-mirror guys.

You know the kind. Never happy with what the team does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think more importantly, and to your original point, he had loads of talent but no drive (regardless of if he was a pothead, he certainly lacked motor).  Kyle Williams is a perfect example of a "lunch pail" guy with above-average but not necessarily elite talent that had a long and successful career.  Of course talent matters, but talent without drive is nothing.

...he CERTAINLY was.....we struck gold in the 5th round......and we did AGAIN with Milano.....and potentially AGAIN with Neal & Teller (2018) and Joseph (2019)....hell at this rate, we could all sleep in until day 3 and use every pick on 5ths......

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Stop it.  You know you're not being bullied just as much as everyone else knows you're a troll.

Try to be better at it.

it's fun.  the posters that say the stupidest ***** are the first ones to claim they're being attacked.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

EJ was a highly recruited High School prospect whose Dad was friends with Bruce Smith.

His was given every opportunity to succeed in college and the pro's.

I hoped he would be a great franchise QB for the Bills.  He wasn't.

Josh Allen went to JUCO and was throwing cantaloupe crates on the trailer.

That's blue collar in my book and I also hope he becomes a great franchise QB for the Bills.

...I like his work ethic, attitude, humility, community involvement, outlook ("it is OUR team and OUR family"), mindfulness and respect for the game....he knows what he has to do to get better and continually works with Professor Palmer....other than THAT?...MEH.........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yikes. It's the total opposite to me. The difference between blue collar and white collar, to me, is that blue collar is willing to do whatever is necessary. They go where you need them, how you need them, when you need them. Resolve.Grit. Determination. Commitment. They don't blame others for their failures and they don't pound their chest for their wins. 

...NAILED IT bud.......nice......worker bees versus the "privileged" because they got their foot in the door............

image.png.5b0ffb9b77a668df170959d281e25572.png

4 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

The farm boy pretty much had the most rich boy summer of all time. This stuff is getting silly at this point. 

Then why did Tom "Deflated Balls" Brady, Bill "Tape Your Practice" Belichick, and Robert "Cheat on Girlfriend with Prostitute" Kraft win yet another ring while we are stuck doing mental gymnastics justifying losing year after year?

Character and work ethic are two different things. Talent and work ethic are really all you need, everything else is just to make you feel good. 

Cant we have both?

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So sick of the term blue collar.  I think it’s a subtle put down. They do with Buffalo a lot and it’s residents.   You aren’t super smart or talented, you just work hard.  Like there are no other type of people in Buffalo or that “white collar” people don’t work hard.

and to make the nfl, you have to work your @ss off.  Very few dudes are so talented that can coast to make it to the league.  How many Bills players have been recently who’s problem was not working hard enough as opposed to just not being good enough?  The foundation of the rosters for the last 18 years is hard working guys who just aren’t good enough. 

...sorry but it is a relevant term.....connotes NEVER forgetting your roots or upbringing........it breeds humility and respect, citing families who brought their kids up right despite their struggling  efforts financially, albeit parents with multiple jobs, single parents with multiple jobs, etc......and look how many of those kids recognize that, sign with the NFL and go buy Mom a new house or new car (NEITHER of which she NEVER had).....that my friend is honor and respect versus some of the products today coming through with a "privileged, I'm entitled to" attitude....Allen is a product of that upbringing as are many others regardless of race, creed, religion or color...."blue collar" is the epitome of respect in my book...sorry we differ.....tell me otherwise...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

isn't it though, that's all the dude does is whine about those that see things through a brighter light, unlike he and those who always seem to have a dark cloud hovering over them.

What gets me is that it's the eve of training camp.  One would think even the most cynical could find some hope.

Oh well.

dark cloud.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

What can be heard in the clip is pretty clear and I doubt @The Bills Blog can hear anything in it that the rest of us cannot. There is simply not enough there to put the statements in any real context.

My point was that, without context, any analysis is nothing more than pure speculation - and why would anyone choose to speculate that it is something to be concerned about?

Well, that’s what we do here, isn’t it? Speculating this entire century could be the motto of this place? WTF is your real point?