J. Palmer on Allen ‘blue collar, work ethic, farmer’

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There is. But how can fan criticism be "constructive"? The team aren't reading it. 

There is a cohort on this board intolerant of anything negative whether reasoned or otherwise. 

There is a difference between a critique of a player or situation, and not actually being a fan of the team.

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

There is a difference between a critique of a player or situation, and not actually being a fan of the team.

Go Bills!!!

And all the regulars on this board are Bills fans. I am quite certain of that. With the exception of those who are clear about being fans of other teams (IceBowl, Zerovoltz etc).

5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Hmm, character and work ethic are not the same, they can go hand in hand but not always.  Some people work hard but have vices/addictions.

Interesting point - is an addiction a sign of bad character, or a disease?  Probably beyond the scope of The Stadium Wall to debate.

As far as vices go, though, I would say part of having a good work ethic is being willing and able to keep one's vices in check, whether those vices are nights out with the ladies or Fortnight.  And I would say that to me, work ethic is driven by character, in this case (as someone pointed out) football character.

But we can disagree.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting point - is an addiction a sign of bad character, or a disease?  Probably beyond the scope of The Stadium Wall to debate.

As far as vices go, though, I would say part of having a good work ethic is being willing and able to keep one's vices in check, whether those vices are nights out with the ladies or Fortnight.  And I would say that to me, work ethic is driven by character, in this case (as someone pointed out) football character.

But we can disagree.

Addiction can be more than just a character flaw, there is a genetics component.

A blue collar guy like Josh Allen probably wears his hard hat to work, metaphorically so to speak. Brings his Bob the Builder Lunchpail to work everyday. No frills, just a construction toy set that comes with a popout straw that looks like copper piping. That's character. 

Bob the Builder should be Bills patron saint.

574900679_compress5.jpg

Josh Allen's blue collar lunchpail. Comes with a popout straw and a double decker sandwich container inside. No frills. Just the grit of getting the job done just like he's working in construction.

34 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Addiction can be more than just a character flaw, there is a genetics component.

My biggest vice is visiting this forum compulsively during Bills season. Usually drunk and beligerent after a loss. Can't ignore genetics. Here's to happy drunk posts this season following wins ?

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

6 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

A blue collar guy like Josh Allen probably wears his hard hat to work, metaphorically so to speak. Brings his Bob the Builder Lunchpail to work everyday. No frills, just a construction toy set that comes with a popout straw that looks like copper piping. That's character. 

Bob the Builder should be Bills patron saint. Josh Allen's blue collar lunchpail. Comes with a popout straw and a double decker sandwich container inside. No frills. Just the grit of getting the job done just like he's working in construction.

My biggest vice is visiting this forum compulsively during Bills season. Usually drunk. Can't ignore genetics.

"Beer: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore"

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Beer: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore"

Haha not just for 8am anymore. I'm in for a baaad day for those 8am London games. What can ya do.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

18 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Bob the Builder should be Bills patron saint.

574900679_compress5.jpg

Josh Allen's blue collar lunchpail. Comes with a popout straw and a double decker sandwich container inside. No frills. Just the grit of getting the job done just like he's working in construction.

My biggest vice is visiting this forum compulsively during Bills season. Usually drunk and beligerent after a loss. Can't ignore genetics. Here's to happy drunk posts this season following wins ?

My vice is chocolate.  Can never resist chocolate.    mhmmmm chocolate.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:41 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Great to hear him say he uses Barkley’s below average arm to show Josh how ‘touch’ is more important for accuracy than a bullet and they worked on this throughout the off season.

That's great. That's where I thought he could improve most effectively in an offseason. Situational awareness and IQ knowing what passes need to have a little more finesse. Something you can easily coach to a rookie I think that'll create a good bump in his completion % in one off-season.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:41 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Great to hear him say he uses Barkley’s below average arm to show Josh how ‘touch’ is more important for accuracy than a bullet and they worked on this throughout the off season.

That's great. That's where I thought he could improve most effectively in an offseason. Situational awareness and IQ knowing what passes need to have a little more finesse. Something you can easily coach to a rookie I think that'll create a good bump in his completion % in one off-season.

3 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Thanks. I agree

Thanks. I agree?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks. I agree

Thanks. I agree?

The Allen - Barkley relationship is more important than I think people realise. They seem to get on extremely well, were together watching the draft, have done community stuff together..... and I think Barkley knows his role. Having a backup QB here who genuinely has Josh's back and is committed to supporting him is big. And his one start last year he did his job on the field as well. That matters too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1