Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BillsfaninSB

Bills 2017 Draft - It Might Be Really Good

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Chemical said:

 

I’m not writing him off at all. Mahomes had one of the best seasons of any QB ever on his first try. It’s just not realistic or fair to think Allen will be that good. Nothing against Allen in the slightest. 

I'm talking about on the same level over a career. Mahomes had an amazing season in his first as a starter. We have yet to see what he does in the rest of his career nor what Allen will do in his second season and beyond. 

 

Let's say Allen has a great year but sub-Mahomes in 2018: 35 tds, 10 rushing, 4000 yards, 15 interceptions and Bills go 10-6 or 11-5, do the Bills still lose the 2017 draft? If they get an elite CB and the pick that allows them to get their franchise QB, that's a win in my book, even if Mahomes has a better career. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I'm talking about on the same level over a career. Mahomes had an amazing season in his first as a starter. We have yet to see what he does in the rest of his career nor what Allen will do in his second season and beyond. 

 

Let's say Allen has a great year but sub-Mahomes in 2018: 35 tds, 10 rushing, 4000 yards, 15 interceptions and Bills go 10-6 or 11-5, do the Bills still lose the 2017 draft? If they get an elite CB and the pick that allows them to get their franchise QB, that's a win in my book, even if Mahomes has a better career. 

Completely agree.  That’s also an insane job in Allen’s production.  He didn’t even those numbers in college.  But if he can become a good nfl starter, it is a much easier trade to take.  

 

And i love guys like Milano but late round solid starting Lbs get found all the time. Weirdly the 2017 draft comes down to Allen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say if Allen becomes Simms to Mahomes’ Montana, I can live with that.  

..how noble...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson led the league in sacks taken last year by a lot. Behind our line, he'd be retired (if not expired) by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say if Allen becomes Simms to Mahomes’ Montana, I can live with that.  

You can, and zero people in the world will agree it was the best way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mahomes thing is getting a little old imo.  Yea they traded the pick away and selected one of the best corners in the league and a 1st round pick to boot.  

 

As good as Mahomes looked last year try imagine him being a rookie and playing for the Bills last year. How good would he have looked.  Not to mention he took over an offense that was already pretty good and well coached.  

 

There are worse none pick QBs like Brady, Breeze, Wilson, Rogers.  Only one was a 1st round in the back half and we all know where the other guys were picked.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chemical said:

 We took Nathan Peterman. Our opening day starter less than one year ago. 

P5t5rman was a fabulous 5th round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

The Mahomes thing is getting a little old imo.  Yea they traded the pick away and selected one of the best corners in the league and a 1st round pick to boot.  

 

As good as Mahomes looked last year try imagine him being a rookie and playing for the Bills last year. How good would he have looked.  Not to mention he took over an offense that was already pretty good and well coached.  

 

There are worse none pick QBs like Brady, Breeze, Wilson, Rogers.  Only one was a 1st round in the back half and we all know where the other guys were picked.  

 

No THIS Mahomes thing is getting a little old. What a loser mentality. Why bother getting anyone good if the other guys are gonna just make him bad by association. 

 

He would have come in for tyrod at some point and never gave up the job. If we end up playing Jax in the playoffs maybe he wins that game. 

 

What a joke. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chemical said:

 

No THIS Mahomes thing is getting a little old. What a loser mentality. Why bother getting anyone good if the other guys are gonna just make him bad by association. 

 

He would have come in for tyrod at some point and never gave up the job. If we end up playing Jax in the playoffs maybe he wins that game. 

 

What a joke. 

 

 

Ok caption Hindsite... 

 

The year before last when mahomes was sitting on the bench I didnt see much complaining about trading out of the pick. 

 

When Josh Allen beats Mahomes in the AFC champion game we will see who the joke is on.   

  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

The Mahomes thing is getting a little old imo.  Yea they traded the pick away and selected one of the best corners in the league and a 1st round pick to boot.  

 

As good as Mahomes looked last year try imagine him being a rookie and playing for the Bills last year. How good would he have looked.  Not to mention he took over an offense that was already pretty good and well coached.  

 

There are worse none pick QBs like Brady, Breeze, Wilson, Rogers.  Only one was a 1st round in the back half and we all know where the other guys were picked.  

So we don't pick a good player because the team is not good?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nucci said:

So we don't pick a good player because the team is not good?

 

They did not trade back to get a bad player, right.  A to corner in the NFL is a big deal.  Of course QBs are the most important...  The Bills for what ever reason were not sold on him, and were one of 10 teams who passed on him.  Also a lot of teams were in better position to trade up to get him than KC and did not.  Add to that one team who passed on him took a different QB anyway.  

 

I guess half of the NFL should have fired there GM over this......

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

 

They did not trade back to get a bad player, right.  A to corner in the NFL is a big deal.  Of course QBs are the most important...  The Bills for what ever reason were not sold on him, and were one of 10 teams who passed on him.  Also a lot of teams were in better position to trade up to get him than KC and did not.  Add to that one team who passed on him took a different QB anyway.  

 

I guess half of the NFL should have fired there GM over this......

Exactly.  several teams traded up to pick players NOT named Mahomes.  Others passed him up or stood pat maybe hoping he would fall to the second round.

 

No one saw this coming except KC.  Good on them.  That doesn't mean every other team with a top 20 draft pick was asleep at the wheel.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weirdly the 2017 draft comes down to Allen. 

 

That’s very concise and insightful way to sum up the 2017 draft.

 

But I believe the draft was quite good for a guy who never coached an NFL game as an HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

 

That’s very concise and insightful way to sum up the 2017 draft.

 

But I believe the draft was quite good for a guy who never coached an NFL game as an HC. 

But that was my problem with the draft that year.  I think SM has too much power.  They killed it on defense and missed terribly on offense (Peterman and 3 wrs).  And that makes sense given SM’s background.  

 

I think White is a star. I think Milano are good to solid starters.  But you would get laughed at if you offered them for  Mahomes and Watson.  That’s how much a qb means.  If Allen become the guy, that changes everything.

 

and the hindsight draft is you draft Mahomes/ Watson at 10, don’t trade up and take Zay and instead take JuJu or Kupp.  I have a feeling we would be doing backflips over that foundation.  But the beautiful part is Allen has a chance to erase any doubts.  

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chemical said:

 

 

Not when he could've been Watson or Mahomes. It's not asking too much either, they went out of their way to screw it up. We needed a QB, take a QB, then take another one and another until you have a good one, then take another one that might be better.

 

Zay Jones get a pass from fans for some reason I'll never understand. OBJ makes an arrogant comment in an interview and everyone here hates him. Meanwhile, Zay Jones is on video trying to jump through a window naked and everyone loves him.

This is absolutely idiotic.....

 

I understand that you didnt get the players that you wanted....but to take players like Tre White (arguably top 3 at his position) and the 1st rounder that turns into Josh Allen the next year and say they were BAD picks just does not compute in reality.

 

They could have easily been Shaq Lawson type picks......and they were not

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This is absolutely idiotic.....

Any particular reason why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He said they were "bad" picks

 

They were not

White is a really good player.  White if Allen doesn’t turn out to be a good qb doesn’t come close to Mahomes/ Watson.  

 

And Zay has value.  But trading up for Zay was a bad move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

White is a really good player.  White if Allen doesn’t turn out to be a good qb doesn’t come close to Mahomes/ Watson.  

 

And Zay has value.  But trading up for Zay was a bad move. 

I am not saying that White equals Mahomes/Watson but that is the the equation

 

It is White (plus a 1st round draft pick the following year) and does THAT equal Mohommes/Watson

 

And even THEN....it does not make it a bad pick because we ended up getting a top 3 to 5 at his position in the first round.....this cannot be construed as a loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh!! You guys are judging the Bills draft based on players we DIDN’T draft! Come on man! Are you also going to toss in all of the players we didn’t draft that totally flames out for other teams? This is just stupid!

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eball said:

 

Bills fans hated a guy for his 5 catch, 38 yard, 0 TD performance?

We hated him for his cheap shot antics with our DBs who frustrated him all day. Being the classless jerk he is, he resorted to the cheap shots. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh!! You guys are judging the Bills draft based on players we DIDN’T draft! Come on man! Are you also going to toss in all of the players we didn’t draft that totally flames out for other teams? This is just stupid!

 

EXACTLY. but whatever, it's tiring arguing with people determined to be negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not saying that White equals Mahomes/Watson but that is the the equation

 

It is White (plus a 1st round draft pick the following year) and does THAT equal Mohommes/Watson

 

And even THEN....it does not make it a bad pick because we ended up getting a top 3 to 5 at his position in the first round.....this cannot be construed as a loss

Neither the Texans/ Chiefs would trade either of those guys for that package.  I’m not saying it’s fair, especially to Allen.  But that’s the really.  For instance, Donte Whitner was a bad pick that high.  However, if NE picks him,  he probably becomes a key contributor to SB teams.  The QB trumps everything and until you get that guy, every player is a little less valuable.  

 

I think what sucks is how good both of those guys are so early.  I hope Allen can get to Mitch Tribusky type play (imagine the Bears with Mahomes or Watson). 

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

EXACTLY. but whatever, it's tiring arguing with people determined to be negative.

You literally were that person when the Bills had Whaley.  

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We hated him for his cheap shot antics with our DBs who frustrated him all day. Being the classless jerk he is, he resorted to the cheap shots. 

Yeah, ODJ is a little cheap shot punk.  He’s the guy that sucker punches and runs away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Exactly.  several teams traded up to pick players NOT named Mahomes.  Others passed him up or stood pat maybe hoping he would fall to the second round.

 

No one saw this coming except KC.  Good on them.  That doesn't mean every other team with a top 20 draft pick was asleep at the wheel.

 

 

It seems like some here think the Bills were sleeping at the wheel.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...