Bills 2017 Draft - It Might Be Really Good

On 7/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, Chemical said:

Not when he could've been Watson or Mahomes. It's not asking too much either, they went out of their way to screw it up. We needed a QB, take a QB, then take another one and another until you have a good one, then take another one that might be better.

Zay Jones get a pass from fans for some reason I'll never understand. OBJ makes an arrogant comment in an interview and everyone here hates him. Meanwhile, Zay Jones is on video trying to jump through a window naked and everyone loves him.

I'll take my chances with Allen over Watson. Especially since we also got one of the best corners in the game out of it. If it wernt for that fluke injury, Allen would have beat Watson head to head with much less talent around him too.

2017 and 2018 drafts are linked no matter what we say due to the trade back.

Fortunately, they landed White whom is a stud at the CB position but I felt we desperately needed a QB and on record here whom I wanted our #10 to be -->Watson or Mahomes. I was a little pissed when we traded back but understood what that extra 1st rd pick in 2018 meant before we even drafted Josh Allen in 2018.

The 2017 draft simplified for me is White & Allen vs Watson or Mahomes as solving the QB position was all that mattered to me those two seasons.

So far, I'm loving the White & Allen look. If Allen does shat his pants, the trade back will make things look pretty bad for the FO.  I just don't see this happening though, JA is gonna be a stud for this organization barring major injury

The rest of the 2017 class is pretty damn decent/solid thus far, you can't hit on them all. 

4 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I'll take my chances with Allen over Watson. Especially since we also got one of the best corners in the game out of it. If it wernt for that fluke injury, Allen would have beat Watson head to head with much less talent around him too.

I’m pretty sure the Bills would not have won that game if Allen stayed healthy.  Certainly debatable at best. 

4 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

And so long as you recognise that is all it as at the moment a "take your chances" punt that is fine. Watson is a really good Quarterback. Josh isn't yet but is a shot at better than really good he might be great. 

When we nearly beat Watson he was playing with broken ribs and internal bruising.