Bills 2017 Draft - It Might Be Really Good

As training camp approaches I was thinking about personnel and how the 4 main picks from the 2017 draft could play a crucial part in this team’s success.   If Jones takes it to another level and Dawkins and Milano continue to progress, I have to give McDermott a lot a credit for his first draft while strapped with a lame duck GM. 

I can understand if many see whiffing on Mahommes as unforgivable, but that aside, the HC may have done really well for his 1st draft and makes me optimistic that he gets it.

We don’t know yet if it is a great draft but given the previous regimes track record it’s lookin pretty good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Tre’Davious White and Dion Dawkins weren’t good picks? Zay seems to be panning out also. A lot better than Chris Hairston, James Hardy, Kelvin Shepherd, and Danny Batten. 

Not when he could've been Watson or Mahomes. It's not asking too much either, they went out of their way to screw it up. We needed a QB, take a QB, then take another one and another until you have a good one, then take another one that might be better.

Zay Jones get a pass from fans for some reason I'll never understand. OBJ makes an arrogant comment in an interview and everyone here hates him. Meanwhile, Zay Jones is on video trying to jump through a window naked and everyone loves him.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Not when he could've been Watson or Mahomes. It's not asking too much either, they went out of their way to screw it up. We needed a QB, take a QB, then take another one and another until you have a good one, then take another one that might be better.

Zay Jones get a pass from fans for some reason I'll never understand. OBJ makes an arrogant comment in an interview and everyone here hates him. Meanwhile, Zay Jones is on video trying to jump through a window naked and everyone loves him.

For the love of God, get over the whole Watson and Mahomes thing. We have no idea how Josh Allen is gonna turn up. We still made excellent picks in Tre'Davious and Dion Dawkins as well. The jury is still out on Zay. I believe this is his make or break season. He did have a decent 2nd season though catching 7TDs but yes, the 2017 draft is looking good

• Like (+1) 9

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yeah, everyone loves Jones. :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Chemical said:

To say everyone here loves Zay is a huge leap.  He is our guy and will get the benefit of doubt.   He will be under the microscope this TC and season (if he makes the team).

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chemical said:

Revisionist history is fun, I wanna play. What if we traded that pick to Houston instead of Kansas City ? we could have had 4th overall in the 2018 draft!

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chemical said:

OBJ has been hated in Buffalo since his game here in 2015..it's not one comment.  

Everyone loves Zay Jones huh?  

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Revisionist history is fun, I wanna play. What if we traded that that pick to Houston instead of Kansas City ? we could have had 4th overall in the 2018 draft!

Hindsight is great.  All these people saying "we should have taken Mahomes or Watson" never said a word about them before the draft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Revisionist history is fun, I wanna play. What if we traded that that pick to Houston instead of Kansas City ? we could have had 4th overall in the 2018 draft!

That's not what those words mean (revisionist history)

The consensus I'm getting here is you're all allowed to say it's a really good draft because of the guys we got, but I'm not allowed to say it might not be good because of the guys we didn't get?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Hindsight is great.  All these people saying "we should have taken Mahomes or Watson" never said a word about them before the draft.

I wanted watson, and it wouldn't matter what I thought, it was a mistake to pass on either.

• Like (+1) 1

Be honest with yourselves and think back to the day before the 2017 draft. Tyrod clearly wasn't the future. We need a QB. Imagine what you thought the possibilities were.

That draft could not have gone worse for the Buffalo Bills in your wildest nightmares.

Watson 103 rating 68% completions 2 years in a row

Mahomes is Michael Jordan

Nathan Peterman...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1