Which player will surprise us most this summer?

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Singletary is gonna make a strong case for a greater than 50% of RB touches. 

Imo..his first two weeks at SJF,including the first exhibition game,will answer all questions about Shady's immediate future here.They signed Gore for a reason.

5 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Siran Neal

I think he wins the backup slot position and gives good versatility

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Imo..his first two weeks at SJF,including the first exhibition game,will answer all questions about Shady's immediate future here.They signed Gore for a reason.

Because he is still a good hard running back? He's an upgrade over ivory and you need 2-3 backs

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think he wins the backup slot position and gives good versatility

Because he is still a good hard running back? He's an upgrade over ivory and you need 2-3 backs

At 9 million a year..I would expect him to run hard..and be a game changer.

The line was brutal last year,that won't be the case this year.

Anyway you look at it..we do have talent back there...Murphy will end up somewhere if Shady isn't moved.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

At 9 million a year..I would expect him to run hard..and be a game changer.

The line was brutal last year,that won't be the case this year.

Anyway you look at it..we do have talent back there...Murphy will end up somewhere if Shady isn't moved.

There are soooo many talented RBs in the league you need to be special to be a 1 or a 2

I think Murphy has some nice traits but I would never keep him over even a 30 year old shady and old Gore. Singletary will probably bounce Murphy too so it might come down to Murphy / yeldon and some ST play

My comment about running hard was about Gore because he still has some left and should be a great compliment to shady

Watch, shady will look like a pro bowler again with some line help

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Marcus Murphy ... He'll be better than Yeldon and possibly even the Rolling Stones, Gore and McCoy.

frost..I'm very comfortable with our depth in the secondary and the offensive backfield...it's nice to have these "problems".

23 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tyree Jackson outplays Barkley causing Barkley to be traded or cut 

I am asking because I am truly interested... where would you put the odds of Jackson making the team?  I hope he does, mind you, but I dont' see any way he beats out Barkley.  And, if he shows anything in pre-season, the likelihood of him lasting on the practice squad is small.  If they keep 3 QB's on the active roster, they probably have to release a decent receiving prospect...gonna be interesting. 

Watching the "Embeded" show (first 4 episodes) I found it curious that they didn't mention Tyree at all (other than mentioning he was a member of the winning bowling team).  Maybe they do something a little more in-depth on him in the future, but was wondering if it may have been intentional, to keep him off the radar of other NFL teams.

Edited by Buftex

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

I am asking because I am truly interested... where would you put the odds of Jackson making the team?  I hope he does, mind you, but I dont' see any way he beats out Barkley.  And, if he shows anything in pre-season, the likelihood of him lasting on the practice squad is small.  If they keep 3 QB's on the active roster, they probably have to release a decent receiving prospect...gonna be interesting. 

Watching the "Embeded" show (first 4 episodes) I found it curious that they didn't mention Tyree at all (other than mentioning he was a member of the winning bowling team).  Maybe they do something a little more in-depth on him in the future, but was wondering if it may have been intentional, to keep him off the radar of other NFL teams.

Think odds are slim. And he will go to PS. I don’t see any danger in that because there was limited Market in UDFA with how fast he signed with Buffalo. But if he plays very well in Preseason it will force their hands a bit IMO

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I just hope he gets a fair shake.

I don't see why he wouldn't.  He was a McBeane draft pick.  I think he has potential to be a serious Mauler on the O-line.  Hopefully the next Richie Incognito without all of the off the field issues.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

But can a 5th round pick really be considered a "bust" if it doesn't pan out? I don't know, I just wouldn't look at it as bad as if it were a 1st or 2nd round pick that didn't pan out, or even a 3rd round pick.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't consider a 5th round pick a "bust" if the guy doesn't do well in a short period of time, He may turn out to be average, who knows. We will see how it all plays out soon enough though.

Good point.  But many on this board think he will be great and have much higher expectations than most 5th round picks.   I would consider a linebacker that can't tackle a bust possibility at any draft position.  Again, I think he makes the final cut fairly easily just based on the lack of competition at the backup linebacker spots and McD and Beane (keeping my promise not to combine the names) drafted him.